Best Condition Build

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Nakil.2437

Nakil.2437

My favorite class is Necro and their condition build, but I want to try out other class condition builds. What is the best condition build for engineer? I prefer not a glass cannon build, but would like a link for reference anyway.

Thanks

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Neverwho.8952

Neverwho.8952

Well, I’m using this one for sPvP. It’s not glass-canon-ish, has a pretty decent damage output, and it’s really nice for holding nods. Bomb kit provides you with a pretty awesome knock back ability, blinding ground AoE, immobolize (and off-hand pistol has another one). Pretty high crit chance allows you to stack bleeds more effectively and trigger burning. Runes of Undead gives toughness and additional condition damage. And all of your elixirs remove conditions. So, this build works for me and i like it.

Deekay Mcpawnich lvl 80
Asura engineer of [Nugos]
Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

(edited by Neverwho.8952)

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Volte.9670

Volte.9670

Why the hell would you have bomb kit in your build just for big ol bomb? You can put something there that will actually synchronize with your trait set up. The rocket boots would be much stronger since burns stack duration, and a range spec wants a gap opener. Elixir U would also be an amazing choice since the reduction in elixir CD effects it, and the quickness will allow you to stack bleeds faster on your opener as well as remove a condition due to cleaning formula.

Ovadose – 80 Asura Engineer

(edited by Volte.9670)

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Neverwho.8952

Bomb kit also provides you with:
- blinding ground AoE;
- immobolizing ground AoE;
- confusing ground AoE;
- and burning ground AoE.
Bad? Don’t think so. Especially considering that nods are not that big, and your blind AoE covers more than half of it.

Deekay Mcpawnich lvl 80
Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Recursivision.2367

Recursivision.2367

Bomb kit is honestly worth taking for smoke bomb alone. Such win.

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: CptCosmic.3156

CptCosmic.3156

the smoke bomb is overrated . but the bomb kit all together is not bad.

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: SixSins.7610

SixSins.7610

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcAQJAqelIqSYX3y3F17ISoHSohJYgekX6VdJqAmB;ToAAzCpoay0koJbTumkNNqYSA

Here’s my Codition/Support build. I run this for sPvP and WvW. The idea is simple, Duration means little because people cleanse, so Damage is superior.

Figuring that out I went full Condition Damage with traits for increasing my recharges and range on 90% of my skills in one tree. Then support with Toughness/Healing Power. Toughness conversion into Damage, because damage isn’t bad, Toughness increase with shield and CDR for the last 10% of my skills, and making the best elite in the game even better. Finally the 10 points give me vitality and more condition damage through conversion.

The Pistol/Shield combo was chosen for the amount of conditions it has and the utility the shield brings. There can be arguments made for the P/P combo, but it lacks the versatility of the shield and only adds one more condition than P/S which, you will soon see, is made up for in my Utility choices. I find the offhand shield to simply be superior to the off hand pistol for condition builds.

The skill selection is also simple. The Healing Turret simple provides the most self and AoE healing out of all the choices. Placing it heals me, then it applies regen, pick it back up and it has a 14 second CD. Use the toolbelt for AoE Regen and use shield skill 4 for a combo blast healing. Place the turret again, but instead of picking it up right after applying regen, blow it up and you get combo blast healing on a 20 second CD.

Elixir R is a stun-breaker and life-saver by itself, the Toolbelt removes conditions and revives allies in the AoE. The Elixir Gun is for support, but it also applies Bleed, Vulnerability, Cripple, and Poison regularly and in stacks. It has an AoE heal that is too good to pass up, a useful AoE damage and distance tool, and the kit is a great switch when your pistol and shield skills are on CD because it keeps the conditions coming. The toolbelt here is simply more Regen heals, which keeps Regen up 100% of the fight when combined with the turret and it’s toolbelt. Finally, Rocket Boots are a GREAT for gaining distance. I hotkeyed Turnabout so that I can use it while running away, simply turn around and pop it for good times and a combo finisher Blast for heals/stealth/retaliation/whatever else you can find to combo. The toolbelt for Rocket Boots is where we replace the missing offhand pistols’ 4 skill, it is a 20 second cooldown high damage burn that is short range. While the rest of the build is long range and allows for great keepaway, this is how you punish someone for staying in your face, plus it has more range than the aforementioned pistol skill and applies the same damage at all ranges.

It really doesn’t need to be said again, but just to explain, Supply Crate is the best Elite Engineers get. AoE damage, 2 second AoE stun, multiple turrets (especially with the trait I have), multiple bandages (also boosted by the trait), and best of all it’s simply fun to use. My build is designed for point capturing and team support. In PvE and WvW it’s usefulness is not at all diminished, though you will want to replace Elixir R with Elixir B in PvE especially. Hope you have fun trying it out! Also, if anyone has any constructive criticism or ideas to help my build I’m open to suggestions. Have a nice night!

Edit: Link fixed. Please copy and paste it, thank you and sorry for the inconvenience!

(edited by SixSins.7610)

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Warmage Timeraider.5861

Warmage Timeraider.5861

You really should make a build that fits you, not a build that has proven to fit some1 else.
At least, here is mine:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fcMQJAqalspSXX8SfF17IBoH6t+8V0jHnfK/pAbB;ToAAzCqogx4jwHbROYkFNqYGA

This is my Pistol/Pistol Tournament build. Its focussed on 2 things: Conditions… and boons.
The goals of this build are best described by: Distract till they die.
The tactics are quite easy, i use explosive shot to apply bleeds and burning, once they burn i lenghten the burning dmg using blowtorch. Meanwhile i have permanent swiftness and vigor thanks to my traits, also i try to keep up all other boons as much as i can. The vigor is important for the other thing i do ALOT … dodging.
Learning when and how to dodge is important and it can hold alot of power. All i do is apply alot of conditions. Poison, burning and i can keep up about 10 stacks of bleeds for as long as i want… that combined with the fact that i keep dodging enemies attacks makes this build quite versatile. Also when the enemy goes to 50% health i apply poison, to make sure his healing wont have that much effect.
Though Mesmers are my counterproffesion, all others till now have been quite nicely beaten. Especially things like Warriors and Guardians tend to not even hit me. (Only thing they trow at me are insults about how engineers are apparently OP because the warrior keeps using his charge and stuns while i dodge). Also i have quite a bit of condition removal.
In tournaments so far this build has proven to me to be VERY well working

Timeraider- 80 Norn Elementalist – 80 Norn Engineer
epic-timeraider.weebly.com

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Neverwho.8952

@SixSins You need to press “get quick link” button in order to get link to your build, not just copy paste it from your browser’s address bar.

Deekay Mcpawnich lvl 80
Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: agentofatlas.2859

agentofatlas.2859

Why the hell would you have bomb kit in your build just for big ol bomb? You can put something there that will actually synchronize with your trait set up. The rocket boots would be much stronger since burns stack duration, and a range spec wants a gap opener. Elixir U would also be an amazing choice since the reduction in elixir CD effects it, and the quickness will allow you to stack bleeds faster on your opener as well as remove a condition due to cleaning formula.

The bomb kit is actually pretty good because of the different conditions you can apply with it. Same with grenades.

Also, I don’t know if people know this, but you can use bombs and grenades with elixir s. Try it. Not only can you attack while in Elixir S form but both the bombs and the grenades cool down actually reset.

Best Condition Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

The only input I have here is that I feel the trait that adds to Bomb radius is mandatory when using bombs. It makes the Smoke Bomb 3 to 4 seconds in team invulnerability on a typical capture point. The only issue with bombs is getting them to hit, and making sure they hit a large area is one of the best ways to do that.

As an aside, Smoke Bomb is in no way overrated. It forces your opponent into nearly 4 seconds worth of blinds or getting off the point. In a team fight, it’s the I Win button. The Burn bomb is extremely nasty in terms of damage output, and the confusion bomb throws out that incredible five stacks. Combined with the cooldowns on the pistols, it’s as much condition damage as a Ranger or Warrior bleed burst. Except in this case, your conditions are diversified into four types and are much more difficult to cleanse while being exceptionally easy to reapply.

The Bomb Kit is the reason Engineers can beat up Warriors, Thieves, and Mesmers so easily. Now you could trade out Elixir S for the Grenade Kit to ensure the death of bunker Guardians and Elementalists, but then you are vulnerable to Thief and Warrior burst.

What you do with the other utility slots is up to you, but I admit an elixir dedication with condi removal is one of the better options. It can also provide great Swiftness uptime.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper