Best PVE FT build?

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: galandor.1059

galandor.1059

I am using a variation of the build that Phineas Poe built(I made my own then looked at his and it was pretty much the same save for a few small changes), so basically I was wondering is this still the meta in regards to a FT engi build in PVE? Or has anyone discovered something even more amazing and fun to play? I must say the build is the most fun I have had in my GW2 time.

Engineer:Warrior:Necromancer – Rank 39

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Flamethrower-Builds/first#post2894964

though those 2 builds are way less active than phineas poe’s build.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I use a HGH FT build, if you wanna know the specifics I can share it, but it’s a pretty basic one. Does the job pretty well I must say, though I might switch soon again, getting a bit bored with it.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

I took that build for a spin in the Mists with a Zerker Amulet using an HGH – FT build, and was pretty underwhelmed…

I was at 25 stacks of Might, and was still hitting Flame Jet for under 3600 across the 2 1/2 second cast time on the light & medium target…I can do almost triple that damage with Grenades in the same span of time. Grenade #2 hits for that alone, not counting the Bleed damage. I can squeeze out 3 tosses (Grenade #1 twice, and a Grenade #2), and score 8400+ with Grenades in the 2 1/2 seconds it takes to cast one Flame Jet, and I can sit at 1500 Range.

As much as I wish & pray otherwise, the FT is still not a good weapon choice. It really does irritate the kittening kitten out of me…but it’s just vastly inferior to Grenades & Bombs, sadly.

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Yeah, I’m not impressed with Flamethrower at all, the dmg is absolutely terrible. =/

Engy needs more crit proc traits so Flamethrower is worth something dmg wise, and to make up for the fact that it’s terrible against Retaliation.

(edited by Knote.2904)

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: VIVorcha.7853

VIVorcha.7853

Yeah, 4k damage at 25 might stacks for a 2 1/4 s channel at 425 range is really not that much.

The scaling on the FT is terrible.

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Yeah, 4k damage at 25 might stacks for a 2 1/4 s channel at 425 range is really not that much.

The real damage of the Flamethrower comes from Flame Blast, not Flame Jet.

But even then, if you’re concerned with maximizing DPS, you should probably look elsewhere.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i do 4k flame jets fighting undead in sparkfly and i don’t have full zerk gear nor do i spec heavily in tools for crit damage. i think your numbers are off.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

From my experience the HGH FT build with boom duration is the best one for PvE, and it is excellent if FoTM.

Toss elixir H gives 7s Protection or 16s vigor/regen.
Elixir B gives 16s fury/swiftness on a 32s CD, if you get fury from the toss elixir B is permanent for that rotation.
you buff all your allies every time you trow an elixir, plus elixir C converts condis into booms, this is a small plus that adds up.

This build keeps permanent 4-8 vuln stacks, and does from 4.5k up to 7k on bosses.

It is awesome for World bosses, as the cone radius hits multiple times.

It is not the best DPS, but it’s fun, and you’re way tankier then a nade engi.

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Raghnu.1049

Raghnu.1049

From my experience the HGH FT build with boom duration is the best one for PvE, and it is excellent if FoTM.

Elixir B gives 16s fury/swiftness on a 32s CD, if you get fury from the toss elixir B is permanent for that rotation.
you buff all your allies every time you trow an elixir, plus elixir C converts condis into booms, this is a small plus that adds up.

This build keeps permanent 4-8 vuln stacks, and does from 4.5k up to 7k on bosses.

If the nade engi is standing where he can get hit, he’s doing it wrong : )

Best PVE FT build?

in Engineer

Posted by: Heiltdo.2891

Heiltdo.2891

If the nade engi is standing where he can get hit, he’s doing it wrong : )

With the travel time from nades, the spread from 1200+ range, plus the fact you’re not healing/buffing/getting buffs from your team at 1500. Means you’re not doing it right neither.

Plus, if youre doing dungeons, this game is called “Stack Wars 2”, so yeah nades are “safe” in theory, practice is another reality.