Best Race for Engineer Mostly PVP

in Engineer

Posted by: DarkSork.8637

DarkSork.8637

I wanted most fun character to play, so I start with engineer. You guys, really think that ultimate engineer should be Charr Race ? It looks weird for me through.. I really get confused because Idk what can happen in endgame because this, farm is part of the game too. Now I am human engineer, but I don’t want to feel in disadvantage in contrast with Charr engineer when playing. Now really, I don’t like cats, so this is a little problem with esthetics but you tell me if I shall start Charr engineer or continue with human engineer (it is still low level) for ultimate character, I am that type that focus on 1 powerful character and spend all money for 1. Please tell me all possible things that I should know when leveling engineer. Thanks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

Character race doesn’t matter at all really. All you get are some trashy skills people never run, and you can’t even run in pvp. I played a Charr engineer for 2K hours, fully everything as my only character I played, however, I changed to a human engineer randomly, moved my pred and what not over.. best change I made. I find the charr is just too big, whilst the human fits perfectly, and still looks just as kitten. (off topic) I’m not sure if it was just me, but on my charr engi I kept changing builds constantly looking for one I wanted to focus on but never could, but after I made my human character I’ve just run SD the whole time and have gotten heaps better with it, without even considering running a new spec.
My advice.. get your human to lvl 80, then, if you mostly pvp, use tomes to level a charr engineer and pick which one you like better afterwards (I did with reverse races). Really there is no ultimate engineer race, just the one you like best (sounds like humans at the moment) unless you’re into lore, of which I never cared about and you’d know more than me xD

(edited by Twigifire.8379)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

In before everyone screams Asura for obvious reasons.

Now, with that behind. You won’t miss much, if not anything if you raise a human instead of a charr and the reverse is also true. The racial skills merely matter and will perhaps fill a gap if you want to kill time, and in PvP those skills aren’t even present, so. By all means, keep going with your human if you feel better with it.

The charr supporters are simply here for lore reasons on the engineer’s current equipment.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: DarkSork.8637

DarkSork.8637

In before everyone screams Asura for obvious reasons.

Now, with that behind. You won’t miss much, if not anything if you raise a human instead of a charr and the reverse is also true. The racial skills merely matter and will perhaps fill a gap if you want to kill time, and in PvP those skills aren’t even present, so. By all means, keep going with your human if you feel better with it.

The charr supporters are simply here for lore reasons on the engineer’s current equipment.

Why LORE (idk exactly what it is) matter ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

There is no best race, just what you like to be

I am an Asura and i will never want an other race for engi.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Zamzonite Ironbeard.5762

Zamzonite Ironbeard.5762

I have used a Charr engineer from launch as my main. After playing engineer for so long I get bored with other classes because I’m not pressing nearly as many buttons like you do in any sort of multi-kit build of an engineer. The one thing that drives me absolutely crazy after watching the back side of my Charr for so many hours is the tail clipping issue. If you haven’t noticed it log on and see how the tail will just magically go through the armor. This is on most armors, granted there are a few exceptions where the armor fits nicely over the tail. Given the most medium armors are based on some form of trench coat style this limits the options you have as a Charr. If this doesn’t bother you then go forward but if it does bother you stick with the human. I wish someone would have told me this before I invested all my time into my Charr.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

dunno, that one is quite useful if you run a bombkit frontliner in wvw, especially since it hits 10 instead of 5 (supply-crate) targets and doesn’t need a carefully planned execution, since stability doesn’t matter for it.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper_of_Grenth

in general the race doesn’t matter for sPvP, but this elite makes humans a bit more viable than other races in WvW, maybe even more after the stability changes, since cc-heavy engis could become an actual thing for the frontlines.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

If you like to wvw and play condition builds more than others sylvari is nice for their elite 3 sec of invulnerability backed up by around 5 seed turrets if i remember right that stack bleeds pretty fast also can hit targets at 1500 range i believe.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Why LORE (idk exactly what it is) matter ?

Guild Wars 2’s lore, the story, the aspects, how well a character would fit in this game’s universe. Aesthetically, most of the equipment you see on the Engineer directly comes from the Charr, their technology on the industrial scale, with no divinity, nothing to rely on but the very weapons and machines they make.

It’s just mere details, absolutely no importance on your gameplay. If you feel better with a human engineer than with a charr then it’s all that matters and you’re encouraged to continue with a human.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Asura engi always

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Engineer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Generally, focus on aesthetics the most, since that’s the focus of the GW2 endgame. You can drag a new character through the tutorial and use the wardrobe to preview future clothing options without actually leveling that toon. Then, especially for sPvP, there’s the “Asura meta” (smallest possible Asuran character to obscure your skill animations). Though the “standard model” option prevents this in principle, not everyone uses it so you can gain an edge against some opponents.

Racial skills can be relevant for WvW, but only for specific niche picks:

The Sylvari invul is great to have as a defensive option, especially if you can’t use Crate to reliably interrupt crucial damage skills.

Norn Snow Leopard is good for stealth and extra mobility, at the cost of being trash in a straight-up fight.

Grasping Vines/Vine Shield might help if you absolutely need another immob/block.

All the Asuran utilities are a goldmine for trolling/torturing enemies in WvW. 1200 range interrupt (Perplexity Runes ftw!), AoE confusion, more confusion, and that radiation field is nasty if you can actually get someone to stand in it (now, which class has tons of CC flying around? oh, right.)

Realistically though, you’ll rarely use any of those unless you absolutely love Perplexity-trolling. Chances are, looking swag in T3 cultural armor or PvP-only reward skins will be more important.

in Engineer

Posted by: Jermoe Morrow.9501

Jermoe Morrow.9501

For PvP, you can’t even tell what toolkit a minimum height Asura is using because the hobosack is so small. That is an incredible advantage.

Pve wise, I’m a fan of sylvari for the seed turret elite and how most sylvari racial skills fit in with the flavor of engineer so well. But if you wanted to be crazy, you could essentially make a human priest by loading him with the human racial prayers. The toolbelt versions buff allies too, so it wouldn’t be the most worthless racial based build either…just worse than any pure engineer build.

80s(name-race/class):Jermoe Morrow(main) – H/Ra
Blue Dorito-S/Re|Transitor-S/En |Tina Feyspirit-N/M|
Bmoe-A/T|Peter Whatsherface-H/G|Acolyte Rin-H/N

in Engineer

Posted by: Photoloss.4817

Photoloss.4817

Sadly the prayers are pretty bad even with the toolbelts. Dwayna technically gives the largest burst heal when immobilised but not taking lethal damage, and Kormir can be stacked with EG/Elixir C, but Lyssa is just garbage considering the condition diversity already available to engineers.
“most worthless racial based build” has to go to Norn though, max 2 non-Elite skills and both are outclassed by chugging Elixir B and lobbing a grenade or two. And you’re a giant bullseye in PvP…

in Engineer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Charr racials are pretty legit, coupled with toolbelt skills.

Besides, Unload rocks on the Engi. And the Charr voice actors.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Engineer

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

Scarlet was a brilliant engineer
so even Sylvari can be a good choice ??

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

asura is pvp masterrace cuz tiny
sylvari is pve masterrace so you are a natural clock (day night sigils)
charr is for beeing awesome

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Since you are talking about PvP mind that almost everyone in competitive play will turn “standard models” option which will let you see enemies as standardized umans. So just play what you like most!

OT am i the only intrigued by the norn engi of the HoT trailer? Still is so hard to give up my charr…da fur…mmm

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

(edited by Gaaroth.2567)

in Engineer

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

Worrying about appearance while playing an engineer is pretty pointless because: Hobosacks….

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Engineer

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Since you are talking about PvP mind that almost everyone in competitive play will turn “standard models” option which will let you see enemies as standardized umans. So just play what you like most!

OT am i the only intrigued by the norn engi of the HoT trailer? Still is so hard to give up my charr…da fur…mmm

i have never seen a streamer playing with standard models on. does anyone actually use it. it was a big complaint prior to its release, but i dont ever see anything about it any more (prolly cuz it works and theres no longer a reason to complain). related… after its release i realized i could turn off enemy teams colors in wvw so i can see their dyes and ive never gone back and wouldnt.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Best race for pvp is asura.

in Engineer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

max size charr. bring the fear

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Engineer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

the sound a charr makes when jumping around fits the hilarity that is engi pewpew.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE