just pick the race u like,trust me

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: mischwoof.9785

mischwoof.9785

Norn Snow Leopard elite is OP.

If you want to be a tank engineer, Sylvari toolbelt skill is a block. That means you can have 3 blocks (Static shield, Toolkit gear shield, Vine shield). That’s 7 seconds of blocking. Absurd.

Look at the wiki and see what racials and toolbelt skills associated with them suit your playstyle the best. None of them are worth playing a char you don’t want to play, though.

Nisha The Medicat [NEWL] | Lv. 80 Engineer | Dragonbrand

(edited by mischwoof.9785)

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

if you want to block someone’s view in a theater be a large norn… Not sure what this has to do with being an engineer but I am sure it is related

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

asura is my pick, they have awesome acrobatic animations while most of the other classes’ animations all feel the same

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: mikesquito.8709

mikesquito.8709

Charr! Definitely, Charr.

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: nofo.8469

nofo.8469

skritt

shinies

shinies

shinies

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

if you want to block someone’s view in a theater be a large norn… Not sure what this has to do with being an engineer but I am sure it is related

A large Norn spamming flamethrower #1 means you can’t see kitten.

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

As far as tool belt skills go I think Char have some of the better ones with hidden pistol being a thief unload and battle roar allowing you to also give aoe vigor (a boon you otherwise can’t give to others)

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

Female Charr! (15 characters!)

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Nefczi.8549

Nefczi.8549

One thing to consider ihmo is that every race has diferent camera placement. Camera on norn is much higher then for example on asura character. I did some testing and for me its easier to aim and throw granades with camera placed higher, especially if you use “fast ground targetting”. Its not game braking of course but for me using granades as asura was awqward.
When I found out about this camera placement thingy I just deleted my lvl 20 asura engi, rerolled human(wish i made norn) engi and never looked back.

(edited by Nefczi.8549)

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Asura best condition Race Abilities

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

One thing to consider ihmo is that every race has diferent camera placement. Camera on norn is much higher then for example on asura character. I did some testing and for me its easier to aim and throw granades with camera placed higher, especially if you use “fast ground targetting”. Its not game braking of course but for me using granades on asura was awqward.
When I found out about this camera placement thingy I just deleted my lvl 20 asura engi, rerolled human(wish i made norn) engi and never looked back.

With the new FoV Beta they are doing for Wide screens, the view is no longer a problem. Check it out if you have a 16:9 Monitor! (Only problem is a minor fps drop like 4 – 10 fps)

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]

Best Race

in Engineer

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

Asura –
Pros: Fits the genre perfectly. Animations look great with all the tumbling engineer’s do. Racials fit.
Cons: There’s a lot of them. Your weapons and gear look much less epic when you’re tiny.

Charr -
Pros: Fits the genre perfectly. Racials fit.
Cons: They look pretty ugly and so does their equipment

Human –
Pros: Generic enough to fit any situation to some degree. Gear looks good.
Cons: They’re everywhere. Racials don’t really fit.

Norn –
Pros: Equipment looks great. Giant guns and weapons.
Cons: Racials only kind of fit. You’re large.. take up room and block camera.

Sylvari –
Pros: Not as many of them. Even fewer are engineers.
Cons: Doesn’t fit at all. Tree people with guns? Looks silly.