Best condi runeset available?

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Question says it all, what do you the engineering community consider the best current condition runeset, and why? What are you currently using, and what advantages do you think it offers over the other condition runesets available. All input and insight is welcome, and thanks for taking part in this discussion.

I currently run perplexity, and think they add a lot of dps to offhand shield, turning it from a defensive weapon into a great offensive tool.

I’ve also been trying to decide if scavenger runes are worth it. If anyone is currently running them I would love to know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Zaragoz

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

I like undead.
Antitoxin work well too but I prefer having that extra 70-80 condition damage.

In some builds with high +boon duration, you actually can use runes of altruism and get more condition damage stacking might/fury. This works well with HT or any heal skill that has a proc on summoning and then another on the active heal. (It seems tied to the trigger of #6).

in Engineer

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

Noble (for HgH builds), undead, nightmare, or perplexity all depend on build.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

As said before, it really depends on your build. In my opinion the condition damage you can get from might stacks ist a lot more than any static rune bonus.
If you run Med Kit and Enhance Performance, Noble/Altruism runes and a Sigil of Battle will grant you instant 9 stacks of might every 10 seconds.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

(edited by Mork vom Ork.2598)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

scavenger should be the highest condition damage runeset if Im not mistaken.
I havent run them on my engie, I did on my necro and I didn’t really like them. Although they offer alot of condi dmg, they lack that extra something that makes a runeset good, the lifesteal thing doesnt cut it for me.

besides what was already mentioned, I always enjoyed runes of the adventurer. that extra dodge everytime you heal is pretty neat, I suppose you can even go medkit with a sigil of energy along with it and dodge all over the place.

personally I use boon duration stuff (2x travelers, 2x water,2x monk).

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

undead will give you the most condition damage if running lots of rabid gear.
nightmare gives condi duration so if you run nightmare, 30 explosives, and smoldering you can reach 50% burn duration.
perplexity can do a lot of damage if you run shield or ft
scavenging gives you a lot of sustain especially when combined with leeching/blood and backpack regenerator.
adventurer gives you more dodges. i personally run adventurer. i stopped running vigor on swiftness and swapped battle sigil for energy. i like the results.
noble runes aren’t as good since the enhance performance nerf but are still a solid choice if you run hgh.
antitoxin is good too but i’m not a fan

the rest of the condi runes are meh.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Perplexity, Undead, Noble, Scavenging, Antitoxin, Adventurer all are good für Condition Builds it depends on the build.

On my Dire Armor i have Antitoxin
My Rabid / Dire build i have Perplexity
Rabid build i have Undead
Rampager / Dire i have the Adventure Rune

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

All of the the above mentioned are good choices. A 4/6 Nightmare and 2/6 Lyssa set can also do you wonders for +20% condi-duration only if that let’s you break a threshold of 50% or 100%.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Question says it all, what do you the engineering community consider the best current condition runeset, and why? What are you currently using, and what advantages do you think it offers over the other condition runesets available. All input and insight is welcome, and thanks for taking part in this discussion.

I currently run perplexity, and think they add a lot of dps to offhand shield, turning it from a defensive weapon into a great offensive tool.

I’ve also been trying to decide if scavenger runes are worth it. If anyone is currently running them I would love to know how it works for you.

Thanks,

Zaragoz

undead as you should be stacking toughness.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mork vom Ork.2598

Mork vom Ork.2598

Unless you are constantly running with 22+ might stacks, Noble will grant more condition damage than Undead. You would need 2100 toughness to get condition damage equal to 3 might stacks.

Still loving the smell of Napalm
Bill Kilgore – [BIER] – Seafarer’s Rest random Megaserver

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Noble are just such a pain in the neck to get if you are not into PvE and dungeons.
Perplexity tends to be my choice (expensive but worth it) because adding essentially 2 stacks of confusion > than a small net increase in overall condition damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

Even with full toughness gear, undead is pretty weaksauce, 5% is a horrible multiplier. If you have dire go scavenger runes if u want more condi damage, Otherwise I would pick perplex, antitoxin, noble, adventurer. Noble is only good with medkit really though.

in Engineer

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

Undead is cheap and requires no grinding to get. If you have the money go with perplexity runes though.

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]