Beta Weekend Scrapper Feedback Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Just wanted to poitn out that the function gyro stop finishing or ressing ur target if u move away from it abit… complete garbage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Silinsar.6298

Silinsar.6298

About Function Gyro:

AI misbehavior:

• you command it to finish, it instead moves to another living enemy (it wants to attack them?) then turning around, moving back and starting to finish way too late.
  • you command it to stomp, then move away (sPvP, back to the point to cap): it doesn’t stomp, instead moves back with you which makes zero sense.

Overall issue:

• you want to res alone (& save gyro CD) but summon gyro in “melee” range of your downed. Might be a double click / latency issue, can anyone confirm yet?
  • Which brings up the question what it actually behave like in this scenario, with both normal finish/res and gyro summon on the same key. You might want to use one or the other or both.
  • it’s quite fragile in any fight with more than 1-2 enemies (you can occupy one while the gyro stomps, but there might still be AoE around). Maybe change Stabilization Core to only give one stack of stability to the gyro, but also 2-3sec direct dmg invulnerability (effect on player staying as it is).

in Engineer

Posted by: Motokosan.5038

Motokosan.5038

Love the hammer, it’s fun to run with. please give us a blast finisher with the hammer. Please! ^^
I’m sad to say that the gyros are too slow, the sneak gyro is horrible. (I’m sorry) I wanted the sneak gyro to work so bad! I get destealth even if I’m inside the circle and the gyro can’t keep up. Please make it snap better to our position and improve the Ai. More testing tomorrow…

(edited by Motokosan.5038)

in Engineer

Posted by: Galk the Bloody.4629

Galk the Bloody.4629

The heal gyro needs work, here’s how you fix it. Instead of a AOE that it pulses a heal in (which the player is next to never in because of movement). Take the tech of the dragon hunters spear of justice. The heal gyro gets that kind of tether to friendly players that pulse heals instead of burn like the spear of justice. In that way the heals are reliable and with the tethers it would be visible. Friendly players would see who’s tethered and know whos getting healed and enemies would be able to see the gyro easier and be more likely to want to take it out.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

The heal gyro needs work, here’s how you fix it. Instead of a AOE that it pulses a heal in (which the player is next to never in because of movement). Take the tech of the dragon hunters spear of justice. The heal gyro gets that kind of tether to friendly players that pulse heals instead of burn like the spear of justice. In that way the heals are reliable and with the tethers it would be visible. Friendly players would see who’s tethered and know whos getting healed and enemies would be able to see the gyro easier and be more likely to want to take it out.

Awesome suggestion.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: HellShadow.6813

HellShadow.6813

1) Hammer.
Aa – low damage + boring coz no special animation or effects.
2-5 nice damage and animation, mobility, block etc.

2) Gyros.
Function gyro – nice revive, slow stomp.
Sneak gyro – ok, but slow and dies with 1 hit.
Bulwark gyro not bad at all.
Purge gyro – great cleanse, but useless now, crappy chemical field on toolbelt.
Blast gyro – needs faster gyro speed/gyro reaction, useless bypass coating.
Shredder gyro in firefield is fine, but spare capacitor needs more functionality/dmg.
Medic gyro – crappy in comparison with healing turret.

in Engineer

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Guess we could sum up most of the problems with “AI is dumb and unreliable”.
Coincidentally, that’s also one of the reasons why people didn’t want new AI-based utilities to start with.
Apart from that, gyros are far too fragile right now, at least in pve. And slow, painfully slow.

Hammer is mostly fine, i guess. Apart from the autoattack, that’s quite slow for the damage and effect it does. And sure, rocket charge may be clunky at times, as written by others.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ricky Rouse.1583

Ricky Rouse.1583

Guess we could sum up most of the problems with “AI is dumb and unreliable”.
Coincidentally, that’s also one of the reasons why people didn’t want new AI-based utilities to start with.
Apart from that, gyros are far too fragile right now, at least in pve. And slow, painfully slow.

Hammer is mostly fine, i guess. Apart from the autoattack, that’s quite slow for the damage and effect it does. And sure, rocket charge may be clunky at times, as written by others.

Hammer really just needs the block to not be so short ranged on the offensive side and that GOD AWFUL aftercast removed

I mean, drink an Elixir U and then beat down a golem. See how slow it still is? That’s the aftercast at work.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

when function gyro dies it rallys other players =)))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Posted by: Diet Plain.4513

Diet Plain.4513

1- Gyro’s too slow. Will not follow engi around even if they are walking normal. Can we please get these to stay on the caster at all times? In a few instances the gyro would move away from me and heal an ally, even if i needed a heal. Also, if we have a gyro summoned and we need to get out of AoE, they will stand there in it for a second, and then follow us. That allows enough time for the gyro to take enough damage to die.
2- Shredder gyro – very small aoe whirl. The whirl is amazing, i love it, but the radius is very small so if the enemy isn’t a boss standing still, shredder will only get a few hits before he just walks away.
3- Purge gyro – It’s a nice idea, but he’s very underwhelming. maybe he should cleanse condis into boons.
4- Bulwark Gyro- Please please please, put a stunbreak on this. During fights when you are knocked down, and need to use bulwark, you’ll be taking heavy damage. by the time you get up the gyro is dead and you’re SOL.
5- Adaptive Armor / Final Salvo. Seems like we got 2 defensive GM traits. I love the idea of final salvo for giving us a reason to explode our gyro’s but can we add some DoT effect, like the shredder gyro’s toolbelt skill to give us some damage with it? It would give the scrapper a real reason to do it, besides for extra kiting ability.
6- Decisive Renown – underwhelming trait. It should be added to the first minor, and give us something that everyone can use.

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I just played a pvp match with my scrapper vs a mesmer. It’s just the two of us in the middle of Foefire. I down the mesmer. I wait until the mesmer uses deception. Then I target the real mesmer and use function gyro.

Function gyro (slowly) goes over to the real mesmer, thinks about stomping, but decides to change targets and go stomp the clone instead. At no time did I click on the clone or press any other buttons.

We repeated this behavior a few times. Function gyro makes me sad.

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Do we not have a gyro that breaks stun?

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

ROFL

Alright, just figured it out.

You know how Impact Savant says “Outgoing/Incoming Stuns” and everyone thought “Stuns” encompassed Dazes as well?

It doesn’t.

Slot Battering Ram. Look at the toolbelt. Unaffected by Impact Savant.

It literally only affects stuns.

Engineer has 2 stuns. Supply Crate and Hammer 5.

This GM minor affects two skills total.

What. A. Joke.

The prevailing theory is that this was not intentional.

We have known that it was broken since the PoI.

in Engineer

Posted by: Katre.1084

Katre.1084

Hammer is really cool but the auto attack -at least- needs a damage increase. I found that I had little reason to take hammer over pistol/pistol in pve, especially since I run conditions. Also, the channeled skills on hemmer seemed a bit short.

in Engineer

Posted by: Retro.6831

Retro.6831

I don’t have any exhaustive list of feedback yet (still testing things), but I do want to echo two points being made repeatedly in this thread that are already very apparent;

Rocket Charge (Hammer #3)’s leap feels unpredictable and clunky, and ineffective as a gap closer. I’ve also had a few close calls where one of the jumps will place me near a ledge. Considering how much verticality there is in Verdant Brink, this seems like an issue. I would love to see it function like Savage Leap, Leap of Faith, etc.; just a straight-forward leap attack. It just doesn’t feel very satisfying (though it looks neat, I suppose).

Second, as others have said, Gyros are wildly ineffective due to their slow movement and pokey AI. I feel like they should remain locked on the Engineer, similar to how Rock Barrier (Elementalist Earth Attunement Scepter #2) functions; they should just hover slightly behind you, making the engineer the center of their field / area of effect. With so much emphasis on swiftness and supers speed in the Scrapper line, this issue is compounded greatly. As they exist now, I cannot see any of them getting much use outside of PvE encounters where you don’t move much (which should be most fights, but we all know what stacking is).

I’m loving a lot about the Scrapper and I’m seeing a ton of synergy with other traits, but it’s not quite there yet. CLOSE though, assuming the Gyro pathing issue can be resolved.

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Function gyro is total crap, i activated it and it comes back to me, instead of stomp the target, so useless this thing. For rezzing in WvW useless too, it dies so quick. In PvE you can not rez NPC with it O.o. You can only rez downed players if the die you cannot rezz them.

Bulwark toolbelt on a little asura is a mini reflect shield no Norn can take cover under it.

Destroying gyros should be instant.

Stealth gyro is way to slow (good thing is Mobs do not attack it)

Tried WvW as a Frontliner, but i was more aware of stunbreak and healing me instead of focusing on the enemy, still not enough stability, switch on Guard and it is easy mode compared to the engi. And rocketcharge is not a so good gap closer as i thought, but hammer is still fine. The Stability Mastertrait should trigger on dodge not after an evaded attack.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

“How Gyros perform under regular Arrow Cart fire”

Sneak Gyro chases after players who attack it. Medic Gyro seems to want to follow it Sneak Gyro (healing it?).

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Screwface.5296

Screwface.5296

Welp, as suspected the gyros are useless. They die before even fulfilling there purpose. It’s a shame you spent all this time making these and they will never be used.

Even the class mechanic function gyro is dirt. Bad pathing and takes too long to stomp someone.

Also, the leap on hammer is some of the worst pathing I have ever experienced in a game. You have no idea where you are gonna end up.

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

Minor Traits:

-Function Gyro will be useful in PvP if it gets fixed, but is absolutely useless in PvE.

-The first minor should be replaced with something a bit more flavorful to the Scrapper
-Function Gyro should be merged into decisive renown and kept at minor 3.
-Impact Savant should act on dazes.
-A gyro based effect should be added to impact savant. Example: summon a random gyro when you daze or stun a foe.

Hammer:

-in general feels much too clunky

-Hammer 1 needs more attack speed. Vuln/Might stacks x2. Vuln/Might duration /2.
-Hammer 2 animation could be spiced up a bit. Not tactile enough in melee.
-Hammer 3 needs to be a LOT less random. If I have a target, I should stay on him.
-Hammer 4 needs a much wider and deeper effective radius.
-Hammer 5 is good. Could do with a lower cast time, but that may be a bit too much.

Gyros:

-Too slow. Need to PERMANENTLY have superspeed. We do not need them to have boons OR conditions.

-Need shorter recharges. 15 – 20 secs.

-Gyro effects need to happen in a much shorter time span. Think 5 seconds. They will not survive longer than this.

-Function Gyro recharge should be bumped to 40 secs and its stomp needs to be shorter than its current form OR the player’s. 1 – 1.25 secs.

-GUT the AI on all gyros. They need no more decision making than a projectile.

(edited by lorddarkflare.9186)

in Engineer

Galk the Bloody.4629

Another suggestion for fixing any gyros that need to keep up with the engi (heal,bulwark,elite). Use the tech from the dragon hunters spear of justice to give the gyros a ‘energy tether’ attached to the engi. When the engi moves out of range of the gyros AOE effects the tether is broken, then the gyro’s ‘blink’ to the engi and reapply the tether. Would need to add some effects to make the ‘blinking gyros’ make sense.

in Engineer

Posted by: Turin.6921

Turin.6921

The A.I. in the gyros does not bother much because I expect it to improve. But even with the A.I. improved they still seem underwhelming. Besides some very specific manoeuvres the gyros are not really that useful compared to kits and elixirs.

The traits seem well thought of and work well for power builds. The juggernaut synergy is really brilliant on a power build. The damage is amazing but…

That being said if you are going for a condi build there is not much to gain. Juggernaut that can give you the extra might competes with the burning on critical trait on the Core Specs. You gain some and you lose some.

I am not sure that for a condi build there is any real incentive to be a scrapper, since the gyros are not really that useful. Not that I have any issue with that if that is the plan from the start. But just as the devs say that they want to reduce reliance on zerker builds, you have a Spec that is really good only for power builds. I play a condi build and I really do not see any extra benefits compared to the builds you can make with the core Specs. It would be nice to see some love for the condi build on the scrapper.

Hammer skills are neat but nothing special. I guess they can work if you play strictly as a tanky/close combat style.

Unless you are willing to completely shift the way you play the engi with less mobility and more like a tank and want to use power builds the Spec is not really that useful. Hammer 3 looks awesome but feels uncontrollable so its nit a very good source for mobility.

Personally I ended up using the kits all the time as usual within an hour and almost forgot i was using the hammer.

(edited by Turin.6921)

in Engineer

Posted by: Are.1326

Are.1326

Hammer #5 needs to not be interupted if you turn away from it’s location.

in Engineer

Galk the Bloody.4629

The problem people are having with hammer skill 3 isnt to do with the skill itself. Its the targeting options they are using i think, namely the ‘promote skill target’ option. When the hammer skill 3 is used if any of the lead up leaps to the target hit another enemy they finish the leaps at the new target. I think thats whats going on.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

I’m having trouble aganist Scrappers, they feel too tanky + stealth to help even more. Also it feels too easly to desengage as Scrapper. And has access to good damage, feels worst than Elementalist to fight aganist (I’m not claiming that is OP).

Does anyone know how to counter it?

Sorry for my english.

in Engineer

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

Thy gyro “Fuel System” is basically recharge. I was really looking forward to this as a new mechanic.

What if when you granted Super Speed to gyros, it increased their duration by an equal amount? There is tons of synergy here within the class, and a lot of the super speed we grant is based off of oils/lubricants/electric fields— perfect for giving energy to little gyros!

I also feel that Blast Gyro’s tool belt skill needs to be better given that the skill is a single use AoE damage+blowback. Is there any way Bypass Coating could also be an AoE stun break? This would make the skill much more viable in my eyes, placing the tool belt skill Bypass Coating in a similar realm as the Warrior Shout “Shake It Off”, of course this would need to be instant cast but it already has a similar recharge. Given my above suggestion, it would also make this skill a great refueling tool for Gyros!

Anyways, hope for some buffs to Gyros.

(edited by Julius Seizure.4985)

in Engineer

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Suggestion: when heal/sneak gyros are activated, attach their model(s) directly to the engineer’s model (at a set, short distance and angle), so that they can’t be left behind even over rough terrain, jumping/gliding, and unusually fast movement.

in Engineer

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Alright, so after a few hours of various Scrapper play, here’s my initial thoughts…

~ Hammer ~

Pretty good overall. Lots of utility, lots of mobility, fun overall. Few specific issues I have with it, though…

Auto-attack chain is a little slow. Yah, its a big hefty hammer, but it seems just a touch too slow, mostly on the aftercasts on the chain. Cut the aftercasts a bit and I think it’ll feel much smoother and better overall.

Also on the note of the auto-attack, the first two hits in the chain are dull as dishwater visually. There’s literally no effects on them at all. I don’t expect a ton of effects from the AA chain, but a little lightning trail or something would be nice.

Rocket Jump is wonky as heck when used at close range (and even mid-range sometimes). You jump all over the place, half the time not even at your current target, particularly on the first jump (the second and third seem to target a bit better). Maybe that’s an intentional weakness of the skill, but a lot of the time when I’m in melee range I’ll try to use it for the leap finishers or something and end up leaping right past my enemy (and out of the combo field I’m in), which is irritating.

The block on Shock Shield is… off. Like, it seems to take about a half a second for the block to actually kick in once the animation starts, and then the block persists about as long after the animation is over. Again, maybe intentional, I do actually kind of like the persisting block after the animation, but the lack of block during the initial startup makes it really hard to block on reaction, basically requires you to anticipate the attack in advance and start the skill up beforehand. Which is awkward, and if intended I’d gladly trade the aftercast block in exchange for a prompt start to the block as soon as you start the animation. And if its not intentional, maybe the block timing is just misplaced on the skill data.

~ Function Gyro ~

Meh. Being exclusively a PvE player, I haven’t had much chance to use this. It seems decent at rezzing when the opportunity to use it actually comes up (and rezzing without putting yourself in danger or taking your own DPS out of the equation is certainly handy), but sadly said opportunities are few and far between (at least in normal open world, even the Silverwastes).

~ Utilities ~

I’m probably in the minority here (in fact, I’m almost positive I am), but I like them on the whole. The insta-cast on most of them is a nice change for minion / AI, and they have some decent effects on them. Which isn’t to say almost all of them have some issues I wouldn’t like to see cleared up. The one thing I’d definitely suggest changing on the whole is to throw a stunbreak in there somewhere. Possibly more than one.

Medic Gyro – Healing from this is completely terrible. The self-heal on cast is passable (particularly since its a 0-cast time heal) but after that… yuck. It either needs to heal a heck of a lot more frequently, or heal a lot more. Possibly apply some Regen as well. Right now, its not even good at sustained healing.

Shredder Gyro – My favorite of the bunch. I’ve always thought a ground-targeted, long lasting whirl finisher would be neat, and indeed it is. I do think, given the nature of the skill (that it’s less of an AI and more of a long-lasting AoE finisher) that the recharge should start as soon as you cast it rather than waiting until its dead. Either that or reduce the recharge to 20 seconds, which would basically be the same effect. Alternatively, see below for my suggestion about Final Salvo. Also, it seems to have a bit of trouble actually using finishers in large groups, I assume since its treated as an AI and thus players get “first dibs” on fields or something. But it kind of ruins its entire purpose, so I think it needs some looking into, see if it can be made to ignore the normal field limit or something.

Also for Shredder Gyro… is it supposed to have some sort of animation for its attack? Right now it just kind of floats there, somehow creating this whirl effect around itself. Shouldn’t the robot itself be spinning, or slashing its arms around, something? It just looks kind of inert and awkward right now.

Blast Gyro – Surprisingly decent. I was expecting to find it all but useless, but I actually enjoy it. Great burst damage and a nice AoE. I’d put a Blast finisher on it, though. It would just make sense.

Bulwark Gyro – Awful. The insta-cast means you can pop it out just when you need it, but it dies far, far too quickly in any situation where you actually need a damage reduction. Either cut the damage it takes from the transfer significantly, or increase its health a heck of a lot more. This would probably also be a good spot to throw a stunbreak

Purge Gyro – After thinking it was going to be basically Bow of Truth, I’m pleasantly surprised at how decent it is. The condition cleanse on a 0 cast time in and of itself is fantastic, and the gyro itself seems to do its job relatively well. Cures at a decent enough frequency to keep conditions at bay for a while. I do feel like it should last 5 seconds more before running out of fuel, though. Its duration just feels really short.

Sneak Gyro – Seems fine. Good for those “oh crap” moments when I need to drop agro. Could probably stand to move fast enough to keep up with players, though.

~ Gyro Toolbelts ~

Really good for the most part. Love the fields, love the insta-casts. There’s only one that I feel is kind of “eh”.

Bypass Coating – I mostly just feel like this should have 0 cast time. That’d make it really handy for repositioning and chasing targets. May also be a good spot for a stunbreak.

~ Traits ~

Super solid. Probably one of the best traitlines in the game. My main complaint is that I can’t take all of them, heh. That said, there are a couple I feel could use some tweaking…

Perfectly Balanced – Stability needs a longer duration. I’d gladly take a single stack of stability over 2 stacks if it lasted twice as long (or maybe even 8 seconds), which would give it a lot more chance to actually work. Right now it gets wasted more often than not unless you’re dodging into a multi-hit attack that CC’s. And since the weapon has this great block attached to it, I’d like to see it apply stability on both block and evade.

Stabilization Core – Could stand to apply some other defensive buffs to Function Gyros (Protection and Regen for maybe 5 seconds each) to help it stay alive a bit better, since that seems to be the key purpose of the trait.

Final Salvo – I see a lot of people asking for all gyros to start cooldown after they’re summoned instead of after they die. Since Final Salvo doesn’t have a base cooldown reduction attached to it, I was thinking maybe this trait should enable the cooldowns to start before the Gyros die, while they wouldn’t do so baseline. Would be an interesting way to implement a cooldown reduction besides just a generic one.

in Engineer

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

Here’s my perspective, my impressions after a couple hours messing around with it. This is all purely PvE, I rarely do WvW and have not touched PvP in the three years I’ve owned this game.

Hammer
Overall, I’m liking the feel of the hammer. Sometimes the second leap in #3 goes a bit wide of the target, but most of the time it works like I expect and is a lot of fun. I actually really like the zig-zagging pattern it uses when leaping forward.

The skills might need some tweaks here and there, but I was pretty satisfied.

Medic Gyro
It has a hard time keeping up with me. If I’m being at all active in the fight, it’s not healing me much. That’s to say nothing of it getting cleaved out of the air because it’s following me around in melee. Add in the long cooldown, and I don’t see much reason to use this skill over the Healing Turret.

On the positive side, I love the toolbelt skill for it. Protection in a large AOE is nice, and the fact that the AOE follows your character makes combining it with Hammer #3 a joy to execute.

Bulwark Gyro
Better than I’d feared, worse than I’d hoped. In small skirmishes (5-ish players up against 5-10 or so trash and veteran mobs) it did it’s job admirably and seemed to have enough HP. It does have trouble keeping up if you’re on the move, but during a fight it’s AOE is large enough that this isn’t really an issue, and it’s during the fights that it really matters, so I’m not too concerned there.

The moment one of those big hylek champions showed up, the bulwark felt like a waste of a skill slot. I’d use the bulwark, the frog would swing its weapon, and the bulwark would die instantly. I think the only time I saw it survive one of those swings was when no one else was in the bulwark’s field to benefit from the damage transfer, and it still nearly died.

Maybe it’s working as intended, but I feel like the major fights where I most want the bulwark gyro to help save my skin are the fights where it works the most poorly.

Conversely, the toolbelt projectile-reflect skill is great. I’d maybe like it to last a second longer, but that might be too much.

Shredder Gyro
Seems to function pretty well as a mass-whirlwind finisher. I didn’t pay much attention to its own raw damage, but dropping it and then placing fields on it was pretty fun. It could die to cleaves as easily as any of the gyros, but it usually got a bunch of whirlwinds off before that happened and I didn’t feel too bad about it’s performance.

It’s toolbelt skill was solid, no complaints there.

Blast Gyro
When it works, it’s a lot of fun. A big AOE launch was pretty handy, and I’d find myself keeping an eye out for clusters of mordrem to throw the tag at so I could single out one of the other mobs outside the cluster.

Sometimes it doesn’t do a great job of getting to the target, like it’s getting confused (others have mentioned this). It also takes like a second (at least, that’s how it feels) before it even starts moving after it spawns. I’d try to hit the big champion hyleks with it to help drop their break bars, and half the time they’d get cleaved down before going off, even though they spawned right next to the enemy.

The toolbelt skill is nice, but feels a bit limited. I feel like it needs a little something extra over just the 3 second aoe super speed. But maybe I’m just being greedy.

Purge Gyro
I haven’t actually used this one at all yet, so not much to say here. I haven’t really felt like I needed condi-cleanse badly enough in the PVE encounters I’ve had to slot it, and if I start to feel like I need condi-cleanse I’m probably just going to drop the medic gyro for healing turret, unless the medic gyro gets some big improvements.

I don’t know how useful the poison field is, but in PVE I’ve been running with the mortar kit so the thought of another poison field feels a bit redundant.

Sneak Gyro
I wasn’t expecting it to be great for PVE, so I didn’t use it much. The little of it I did use did not impress me. It couldn’t keep up with me at base running speed; throwing up swiftness meant that I was outside of the stealth field for pretty much the entire duration of the skill.

Without swiftness, it would eventually catch up with me, put me back into stealth, and stop moving. Then I’d get well out of its range before it started moving to catch up again. As a mobile stealth field, you almost have to walk with the dang thing in order to let it keep up.

I wasn’t expecting much out of the sneak gyro in PVE, but if it can’t keep up with me I don’t think I’m ever going to use it.

Nothing to say about its toolbelt skill, it doesn’t appear to have any use in PVE (not a criticism, just an observation).

Function Gyro
As far as it’s intended function, it’s a little wonky. It would appear next to my ally, then run around a bit to get into position to start rezzing. It was also hard to spot where it appeared, such that in the heat of battle I frequently wasn’t sure if I’d even used it without glancing through my boons to make sure the “function gyro ready” icon was gone.

It didn’t feel terribly useful in PvE. If an ally went down and I wasn’t standing next to them, the other players around them had usually revived them before I had time to target them to use it. Not that allies were going down often enough for it to have even much potential for use. There might be a place for it in dungeons and raids, but I fear it’s going to have similar problems to the Bulwark Gyro there, where the fights you need a function gyro to help rez downed players are the fights where it’s going to get cleaved out of the air before it can do anything.

And fighting the Toxic Alliance made it not seem terribly great for finishing enemies, either. Not much point in dropping a function gyro when there are 2 or 3 other players all using their finisher. Even in WvW I suspect the function gyro won’t see much use unless you’re out roaming. The only place I see it really making any impact is PvP.

I did have one entertaining moment with it, where I had downed two Toxic Alliance NPCs, and my function gyro and I finished them both at the same time; that made me smile, but unless there are lots of stomp-able enemies in HoT, that’s going to be a rare experience in PvE.

Final Thoughts
The hammer is pretty great. The gyro utilities could use some work, especially the mobile ones. The Bulwark Gyro feels good in the fights where a little extra help is nice but feels a little too squishy in the fights where I felt like I actually needed it. The Medic Gyro can’t keep up in a mobile fight; I have a hard time justifying using it over the healing turret. All the toolbelt skills feel good, though.

The function gyro is a pretty big disappointment. The new class mechanics are supposed to be a big influence on how the class plays, and I don’t feel like the function gyro accomplishes that goal at all, at least in PvE.

You could take the function gyro away completely and I wouldn’t feel like my scrapper was affected at all.

in Engineer

Posted by: Diet Plain.4513

Diet Plain.4513

Hammer 3 could use a little smoothing out. If youre on a narrow area, you do not want to use this at all, or you will most likely fly off the edge. As this is your best defensive hammer skill, that sucks. I’ve been interrupted between leaps. It goes like this: leap 1 stop split second, leap 2, stop split second, leap 3, stop split second. It’s tough to control with this.

in Engineer

Posted by: Gwen.1935

Gwen.1935

After playing for about 3 hours, I unfortunatly have to say I don’t really see a benefit to play as a scrapper instead of my current condition engi.

Gyro’s
In my current build in mainly pve environments i am able to play very mobile, with constant changes of type of attacks and ranges, and with a nice amount of condi/ dmg pressure.

Seriously, why would I swap that for some Gyro’s that don’t really help me playing fast and diverse? I can see u guys want some skills here for certain specific group (raid?) mechanics. However in current pve I don’t see any role for the Gyro’s, even when they are fixed, when i have to choose over Kits and Gyro’s.
Ok, honestly the purge gyro can help save me and i really hope the healing gyro can get some tweaks to give me serious mobile healing.

Hammer
In general I liked the hammer, however the range of the hammer skills and the lack of serious kiting makes it a difficult weapon to be competitive when everything is jumping around. The dmg output in general seemed ok with the hammer (ok, is not better than condi dmg with 2 pistols).
I felled underwelmed as it goes for defense. Why would I stand in front with my hammer as the 3 heavy armors can do that much better? Sure I used the tank traits however I felled squishy during every fight.

Traits
As said already above for the current conditions engi and more pve focused engi the traits don’t really benefit over the existing traits. The flamethrower juggernaut option with all the might stacks however is joyable

Suggestions
Gyro’s
- I honestly don’t know, the mechanics are to much limiting to prefer them over kits. So to make a real difference they need a serious overhaul.

Hammer
- Tweak the range of the hammer a little bit so we can kite better, also helps to stand a little bit behind the heavy tanks and feel less squishy.
- fix #3
- give engi’s a trait or skill to actually glue to the target (or a weapon swap so we glue them ;p ).

Traits
- give engis 1 minor trait that is actually useful in pve.
- get some synergy in the traitline with all those wonderfull conditions we have.

(edited by Gwen.1935)

in Engineer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Played about an hour or two, here are my thoughts so far:

Hammer: Wonderful. I’m sure I’ll come up with a complaint or two before the weekend’s done, but right now it feels good, versatile with it’s defenses and leap/whirl finishers, but also (at least when traited) has enough power that I feel good using it as my primary weapon, rather than the backup to ’nades or some other kit.

Function Gyro: Right now it seems a bit buggy, and the functionality almost entirely PvP. I know I’ve summoned it a couple of times to res people in open world, only to have it bounce around between people/targets without accomplishing much of anything (though it one case, it turned out because it had finished helping to res the initial target, and went on to start ressing others, which was awesome). The usage feels a bit clunky too. What bugs me the most, however, is how you are unable to use it to res NPCs, only players. While I can understand why you might not want it to be able to do that for, say, Stronghold, that really denies it its most useful non-group functionality for PvE; ressing event-critical characters before their downed state causes a failure, like the fort commanders in the Silverwastes, which makes it pretty much useless for the loner PvE, outside of those couple of mobs that have a downstate. If it could do that, and perhaps even one or two more things, that would really make be excited for this Gyro.

Medic Gyro: Going without Healing Turret’s condi cleanse is hard, but the fact this is an Instant-cast heal skill (meaning not only you can’t interrupt it, but a Scrapper could still cast it even when stunned) plus the protection and mobile water field of the toolbelt skill makes it a tempting alternative. It’s kinda frustrating, however, for the gyro to go off to find new people to heal when I’m still in the thick of things. While I understand the logic, I feel like the skill would work better if it tried to keep you in it’s range at all times, not just when you are hurting.

Bulwark Gyro: Feel like this is one of those Engineer skills you pick for the toolbelt skill it has, not the skill itself. Bulwark seems to work well when you’re by yourself, but bring a couple more allies that are taking hits and it usually goes kaput long before it provides a worthwhile benefit. The Toolbelt skill, on the other hand, is awesome. Mobile Reflect Bubble? Yes Please! Though you might want to check the tooltip for it again, because I’m pretty sure it doesn’t last anywhere close to 5 seconds.

Blast Gyro (Tracker): I feel like this is the epitome of the Gyro skills; Doesn’t last long, doesn’t need to last long, and has a great payoff when used properly. Feel like the tooltip needs some clearing up though, can’t really tell from it if both the tracker and the explosion are unblockable, or just the explosion (though I seem to recall it’s just the explosion) Only two nagging things about it; One, feel like the toolbelt needs to do more (almost want to say stunbreak, but that would make it the AoE version of Slick Shoes’ toolbelt, and that might be too much of an overlap) and Two: why do you have a skill called Blast Gyro when it doesn’t even have a blast finisher?

Whirl Gyro: I feel like this one is solid in the idea, but lacking a bit in execution. I feel like this has more to do with the functionality of Whirl finishers than the skill itself: The combo effects feels (though I’m not sure it actually is) too random to be excited about a skill that pulses almost 30 of them in half as many seconds, and therefore makes the direct damage it does feel too meager for something that won’t even chase down enemies from the spot you summon it from. The lighting field and daze from the toolbelt is pretty nice, however, if a bit lackluster. My other suggesting for the specialization’s stun breaker.

Purge Gyro: I’ll admit I haven’t really tried this out yet, so keep that in mind. I like the idea of stacking weakness with the toolbelt’s poison field and the leaps from Hammer 3, but I can’t help but feel like if I wanted a skill slot dedicated to cleansing conditions, I’d go for Elixir C instead.

Sneak Gyro: Probably my least favorite of the bunch (barring some revelation with some more Purge gyro testing) which is kinda disappointing considering it’s the elite skill. Considering the most common applications for stealth for non-thieves, this gyro, more than any other, needs to be able to keep up with the Scrapper at all times, yet it’s all too easy to walk out of it’s AoE and loose stealth even with no IMS traits or effects (which an Engineer, especially a Scrapper, is in no short supply of) The fact that the gyro itself remains visible also greatly impedes most of the commonly-held applications for stealth, especially group stealth: you can’t use it to skip mobs in dungeons, you can’t use it to secretly scout in Wuv, or to hide your havok squads movements from scouts. You can’t use it to sneak up to bunkers to backcap in spvp, or as a reliable escape tool (though that last bit was hypothesizing, haven’t tried Sneak Gyro in spvp yet) The livestream mentioned losing aggro from mobs when they can’t see you, which is nice… but that’s just one scenario where the skill is worthwhile, and that doesn’t seem enough to justify giving up an elite slot for. Granted, again I haven’t tried this in PvP yet, so maybe the AoE revealed from the toolbelt is worth it on it’s own.

(edited by Foefaller.1082)

in Engineer

Posted by: Blue Floh.3960

Blue Floh.3960

First Impression of the Scrapper in PvP:
- very low hammer dmg
-#1 auto attack absolutly useless (to slow)
-#2 Elektro Whirl works very good
-#3 Rocket Charge 2/3 hits miss -.- and jump out off a Cappoint….. dmg ~
-#4 ShockShield works nice
-#5 Thunderclap its okay

The Gyros for PvP/WvW
- low Life
- to slow
- very stupid to finish something……
Short Words CRAP but nice Idea next Addon plz no Turrents or Gyros

For Pvp Scrapper – Crap
plz fix everything and give us a Changs to play in a fair PVP

in Engineer

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Seriously ? I feel me bad , that i talked so bad about gyros … I mean their potential ARE GREAT !!! I love to play around with them !It’s amazing ! So much fun ! Also it feels almost “rewarding” ,when they are destroyed !I love it !

Just the problem is ,that they can’t keep up with you.You run away and they will never ever be able to touch you.Means also you miss their lovely lightining field.Also they don’t know sometimes , where to go , when there are more players.It flying around from point a to point b ,which is kind of frustating if you want to stealth.

But they all got Low health almost , they getting destroyed soo quickly , that you barely feel their boons , just at the beginning (stealth is longer , but the other ones just goes boom) Was it supposed to be like that ? Maybe increasing their “def” to fix that ?
But so far i enjoy it to play with them around it’s awesome it’s brilliant ! Also Some Gyros are a big surprise for example , that blast gyro.It’s usefull ! And awesome to detonate.

Hammer feels awesome! I enjoy to play with it ! I can’t wait to play with it around ! It’s really great and decent.That damage feels a bit low and Rocket charge is a bit unpreedictable like rev skill sword 3 , BUT that’s okay so far , even , if it’s hard to controll sometimes .Also the 2nd hit ALMOST miss against 1vs 1,which is kinda meeh , but sometimes nice , if there are more enemies.
It’s awesome to play around with it and to destroy everythig with it!

Traits ?So far i enjoy them.They give alot of build variations and give us a lot of fun to play.Also Flamethrower getting some love , which is nice and give us more options to play ! Thanks for this !

Are they bugfree ? Can’t say it didnt notice any buggs so far , but also didn’t tested all traits out yet.

Something to be worried about ? YES ! That Some traits will be nerfed , because they are maybe too strong ? Well not for me , but some ppls maybe think they are op or that may other trais getting nerfed , because now we got a looooot and loooot of healing and sustainable and survivalablity and now it’s MORE !
SO … i’m scaried , that we getting nerfed … I enjoy that tankyness and that damage.It’s perfect !

Class design itself ? It’s awesome ! It feels like it was made with Love just for US and we enjoy it and being thankfull for this !! Thank you Irenio !!

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

After a few hours with the Scrapper in PvP, both in a mix of unranked queue and 1v1ing guildies, here are some of my thoughts.

The Good:

• Expert Examination synergizes incredibly well with the hammer. In teamfights it’s especially nice being able to lock down a target with dazes and simultaneously jack up 25 vulnerability with Thunderclap -> Rocket Charge -> Shock Shield.
  • Electro-Whirl’s projectile reflect and Shock Shield’s block both add a much needed survivability boost to make Flamethrower and Bomb Kit builds a little safer to run in Conquest.
  • 9 seconds of stability from Stabilization Core essentially frees up needing to take a safe stomp regardless of the Function Gyro’s own current ineffectiveness.
  • Adaptive Armor gives us a legitimate bunker build, and pairs amazingly well with Mass Momentum + Juggernaut to couple as a good decap/CC power bruiser.
  • 3 leap finishers in an Elixir Shell is just about as ridiculous as I thought it would be.

The Bad

• Rocket Charge is incredibly wonky and misses targets frequently. The first jump will sometimes even leap in the opposite direction from your target. Overall, as a gap closer/creator, I find Jump Shot far superior in speed, accuracy, and utility.
  • We have no reason to auto-attack. It just doesn’t really do enough damage to warrant camping the hammer, so either up the might/vulnerability stacks with a shorter duration or change the effects for something more in theme with the rest of the weapon. Giving the auto-attack a CC condition like cripple, chill, or even torment would go a long way to round it out.

The Ugly

• The Function Gyro is functionally useless. The slower stomp is acceptable, but it seems to spawn at the engineer and not at the target. This results in it getting hung up in CC fields and uneven terrain. I think the gyro should simply spawn at the target, start its channel, and explode after it’s done. It would cut out a lot of the AI clunkiness and would make results more predictable.
  • Rapid Regeneration does not scale off healing power. I’m guessing this is a bug since you guys implied in the stream that it scaled well, but I am just not seeing it.
  • Healing Gyro’s gets completely outclassed by the Healing Turret and Elixir H. For a healing skill that takes significantly longer to get the most of, I feel this is backwards. Healing Gyro should completely outclass everything we have given its gigantic cooldown and the mechanical clunkiness.

Overall I’ve had a lot of fun with it, and I think with a few changes it could really give us more builds to run in PvP that don’t rely on HGH.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

in Engineer

Posted by: brandonp.3612

brandonp.3612

the blast gyro’s Fskill need to be on a faster activation from 1/2 second to 1/4 second. the activation of that skill is useless in a fight and quite annoying to use on that cast time

in Engineer

Posted by: radovan.8624

radovan.8624

Sneak gyro is terrible

in Engineer

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Just going to leave my quick first impressions of the scrapper after an hour-ish of play.

The hammer is great! So far haven’t really noticed any issues with it and it is a joy to play with.

Also loving the traits, some really solid stuff here.

The Gyros are…odd.

First off why can we not use the function gyro revive on NPCs in PvE? that alone pretty massively limits its usefulness for about 1/3 of the game. Players don’t go down all that much and there’s only a tiny portion of enemies that have to have finishers used on them.

The rest of the gyros seem a bit fragile and have rather long cooldowns for their effects. Additionally they need to be able to keep up with an engineer with speed boosts, a gyro with a beneficial aura that can’t keep up with the player is useless. I’d say let them share an engineer’s passive movement speed effects/swiftness & superspeed by default or simply give the aura based gyros a very high base movement speed so they can’t be outrun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Hammer 3 made me so incredibly motion sick the first time I used it, that my time on Scrapper was quite brief.

in Engineer

Posted by: Waylander.2103

Waylander.2103

I played the scrapper in WvW for a little while, here are my thoughts:

Most gyros seem underwhelming compared to our other choices:

Tank Gyro? Might aswell take tool kit or S to negate damage.

Medic Gyro? Ok to be fair, it’s hard to compete with (one of) the best healing skills in the game but the cd and lack of condition removal makes this skill pretty useless, also you have to stay inside the area to get the full effect (Maybe it might see play in PvE stacking scenarios because you can still attack and do DPS while getting a nice amoukt of healing for the whole team, but then again it just gets cleaved)

Knockback Gyro? Unreliable and doesn’t do enough to be justified taking a utility-slot.

Spin Gyro is okay-ish I would say, might see play in niche-situations but I don’t know about this one.

Cleansing Gyro is also okay-ish but the lack of HP makes this really bad.

I like the idea of Stealth-Gyro to act like a pseudo-veil for small scale fights, but it’s too slow and keeps standing still for a short moment. Maybe attaching it to the engineer model might help.

The toolbelt-skills are all fine I’d say, the reveal one might be a little bit over the top regarding stealth counterplay.

All in all these are the reasons a lot of people didn’t want AI. They’re unreliable, uncontrollable, have bad movement and die too fast.

But to say something positive: I really like the hammer, the leap is a little bit .. I don’t know but it doesn’t jump you to the target sometimes.

Hope this helps, keep it up I think there’s potential with these

[GoE] Way – Smallscale and Roaming on Riverside [DE]

YT Channel

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Why on earth does Sneak Gyro run off chasing after the enemy!? It’s bad enough that it can’t keep up with the player, but when I’m trying to escape from a bad fight, last thing I need is to have to be forced to stand right next to the guy killing me!

Also, Function Gyro incapable of getting off a stomp or rez in PvP against anyone with a brain, and is completely useless in PvE.

Hammer is great but auto-attack is really weak.

More to come as I notice.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: Inverse.2967

Inverse.2967

Scrapper was super fun to play, everywhere in Verdank Brink as well as old dungeons.

The gyros though sometimes had some tendency to find the longest possible route to target even when on open terrain…
Like: first fly all the way to some distant heli wreck far to my side curve around it and then come back to the enemies that it was shot at that stood in a totally different direction to which there would have been an unobstructed direkt line path to them from the starting position.

Anyway, I already love the Scrappy!

in Engineer

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

Gyros do not work well right now. They’re slow to follow, so any feedback I can provide on their efficacy is immediately suspect because they rarely are where I want them to be. Shredder Gyro is the best of the bunch, but that shouldn’t be much of a surprise considering it’s the only ground targeted one that doesn’t follow you.

My suggestion is to make them orbit the player. That is actually what I expected they would do when the initial teaser shot in the HoT announcement trailer showed them for a brief moment. I think that would solve an awful lot of issues with how they just do not seem to be able to keep up. Only then would I feel comfortable providing feedback on how they feel powerwise. The benefits are pretty clear:

• They would be exactly where you want them to be when you blow them up for the daze/lightning field.
  • They would actually be able to provide their effect to you without worrying about the effect swiftness, mechanolegs, or superspeed would have on them.

But alas, the function gyro, which is supposedly meant as the unique twist to the Engineer class mechanic, is boring and confusing. I say that because in the hours since the beta has launched I have not had an opportunity to use it once. Not once. So considering two minor traits and one adept reference it for bonuses, I’m wondering if I’m just not doing something right. I had actually expected gyros were going to replace the toolbelt since THAT is the main Engineer mechanic. Was that ever considered? If so, why was it decided against? Right now Gyros are an unwieldy utility skill that does not feel unique or very useful. The function gyro is very disappointing to me, especially when you look at how many of the other professions saw tweaks to their primary mechanic. As a bonus benefit, it would be really neat and cool, but as the main twist, it’s pretty bad. I’m sorry Irenio, but this path just doesn’t seem very fun, special, or interesting.

On the other hand, you absolutely nailed the trait line and the hammer skills I feel. Some minor tweaks might be necessary, I’m sure, but these things are great right out of the gate. I think both will do quite a lot to improve Engineer build diversity. Well done there.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Too much sustain. Needs nerfing.

Great CC, doesn’t need nerfing.

The bunker meta is upon us and only the Reaper and Berzerker can save us…. oh wait nvm, everyone is FREAKING TANKY NOW!!

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

Only two Gyros worthy of discussion right now, and both of them severely flawed:

Shredder Gyro:

-Toolbelt skill is legitimately amazing. Turns you into a vuln/cc MACHINE.
-The Gyro itself is garbage. The stun on death is ace though.

Stealth Gyro:

-Reveal on toolbelt is great. Too great.
-Stealth works like a champ. In PvP.
-It tries to engage things if you are in combat. That sucks.
-It cannot keep up. That really sucks.

in Engineer

Posted by: XDeathShadowX.2619

XDeathShadowX.2619

Played it a bit, didn’t check out traits much so won’t mention them.

Hammer: I like it but rocket leap shouldn’t try to do the zig-zag thing when you’re already in melee, most of the time it causes me to hit them, leap sideways hitting nothing, then jump back to hit for third attack. Even worse slightly out of melee I can occasionally miss 2 of the 3 attacks.

Gyros: Function gyro may as well not even be there, sure it allows a ranged res or stomp but those are 2 very narrow uses. It shouldn’t be a class mechanic to pick up downed team mates (It’s one of the issues I have with necro traits that heal downed I don’t like planning for my allies to fail. Or become useless if they don’t.)

The gyros themselves look good but that’s about it. They have a hard time keeping up, and unlike the people above I wasn’t uses ANY speed boosts they just run to catch up then stop randomly so stealth gyro with normal running speed had me only catching every 3rd stealth pulse.

Stealth: Can’t keep up so you constantly unstealth, since this game isn’t made around standing in place it makes this pretty lame.

Blast: One cosmetic issue it has that it shares with mesmer clones (at least for me) is sometimes it blows up and it’s corpse is left floating there for a while. Sometimes it has to think about what I told it to do and won’t chase the enemy right away, and this was pve so were it another player the last thing I’d want was to give them more time to react to it. Also I tried using it to knock back a husk in silverwastes and the stupid thing ran past the husk then came back and hit it in the back knocking it closer to it’s goal which was the opposite of what I wanted it to do. Lastly, I think this one just feels out of place since the rest are minions and this one is an attack.

Heal and cleanse: I’m putting these together because I think that’s part of the issue, healing turret does what both of these do in a single skill, placing a healing turret will give you a much larger healing radius, a condi cleanse if you keep it out, a water field you can blast, and it applies regen. While these gyros follow you it hardly matters since they have durations and you can just as easily move and place another turret since the cooldown is less. Healing gyro has crap range.

Shredder: This was honestly the one I was expecting the most out of. It’s damage is terrible but I figured that was because of it’s combo ability. The thing is it’s 12 separate whirls. It should either be 1 constant 12s whirl or have a higher damage (Or both I guess) because once the field you place it in expires you’re left with it’s crappy damage if it were a constant whirl it’d still be throwing projectiles.

Bulwark: Same as phantasmal defender, since these take damage from people around them and deal none or almost none themselves they really should be immune to taking damage themselves or have very large HP pools, they melt in no time. In group settings a single mob with an AoE that hits all 5 allies and the defense utility will kill them instantly. I’d like it if this one couldn’t be attacked but couldn’t attack either and just died from the damage it was being shared since that would happen quick enough.

Toolbelt skills

Heal: Water field that follows you and pulses protection it’s pretty nice but doesn’t make up for the gyros poor range and recharge.

Bulwark: Reflect-y bubble that follows you, I like it but again doesn’t make up for the gyro.

Stealth: Didn’t pvp so didn’t try reveal, sounds powerful though.

Cleanse: Didn’t even try the gyro

Shredder: Good extra damage and another lightning field which is nice since you can combo it with shredder for brutal bolts but again since it’s not a constant whirl once field runs out it’s use drops to nothing. I like this toolbelt skill I hope shredder is buffed so it’s easier to justify bringing it.

All in all I like the hammer quite a bit, the idea of the spec too. Maybe not the common view of it but I think the utilities could be useful if buffed correctly but right now they have too many issues to justify like poor targeting, small ranges, low health, etc… I really wish that there scrapper and druid would’ve gotten at least 2 beta weekends for this very reason, first weekends are usually for major changes needed, then they need more for tweaks.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Gyros are really fun.

I mean, they are hilarious, I can’t stop laughing when I see them trying to decide a route around a little rock in the ground, or just exploding in their place without doing anything, or when they decide to do the absolute opposite they should be doing, with no reason.

They are pure comedy.

I also laugh hard every time I fall from the cliffs on Verdant Brink when using hammer skill 3. It is specially amusing the 2nd leap never ever hits the target.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Some initial thoughts:

Hammer
Hammer felt great on some levels (the skills are satisfying, especially Rocket Charge is fun), and lackluster on another.
-The autos didn’t do much damage, but it was also difficult to stack a bunch of might with it either. I would greatly increase the might duration so that the autos become more of “let’s stack up some might to prepare for a big hit.”
- Rocket charge sometimes jumps too far when used right in range and feels like you go jumping off into the distance rather than going toward your foe. This one might be hard to clean up. Still a fun skill.
- Shock Shield CD felt too long for what it did.
- Overall, the weapon is good, but it doesn’t feel strong enough to be your sole weapon. There just isn’t enough utility on short enough CD to not require a few kits.

Gyros
- Healing Gyro is interesting, and the fact that there is no cast time and it can be cast while stun gives it some serious potential. Also, the fact that the toolbelt is a PbAOE water field is AMAZING. With healing turret being the best heal in game, any other option needs to fill in niche uses and not compete directly.
- Shredder Gyro is a good skill, but its hard to compete with the utility kits bring. I think it will have a niche place in some kind of burst-ish option.
- Blast Gyro doesn’t seem to fit into ANY use. Long CD for little damage and a toolbelt that makes no sense. This needs some work, imo.
- Purge gyro: interesting, would be EXCELLENT if the toolbelt skill somehow removed a boon or two. Would give engineer a niche skill for the raid content that REQUIRES boon-strip.

Traits:
- I like that the lines seem to have some synergy, but many of them rely TOO MUCH on just taking the entirety of one line. For instance, “Gain might when under the effects of stab” seems to require taking the 3rd option at GM.
- The function gyro trait (for stab) doesn’t seem very fun. Maybe its great in pvp, but it doesn’t seem very fun for dreaming new builds.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nomidline.7539

Nomidline.7539

Scapper is so far so good thank you!

Hammer 3 is weird maybe change skill into 3 part is more friendly to use.

Stealth Gyro is God in PVE or dungeon you can skip everything.

i wanna use hammer without Scrapper trait

in Engineer

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I forgot to mention that I completely forgot the existence of the Function Gyro. It doesn’t rez npcs, and people around were not dying enough to rez them, and I couldn’t really find enough stompable mobs in PVE. Also the range seems to not work at all…
In the end I just stop paying any attention to the new spec original gamechanging mechanic. Funny, don’t you think?

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

in Engineer

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Further testing
Reconstruction Field is fun and good still would like a initial heal on it
Defense field is great
Chemical Field is good fun to use
Detection pulse is also good
Bypass coating not all that great, super speed doesn’t stack. And is not all that grand.

Gyros themselves. Like I’ve said before

Blast gyro gets confused on where it is going and doesn’t deliver the payload unless your using it up close and personal And I still have my doubts it would be worth it. I’d rather just use my bombs At least then I have several explosions going off quickly and a field generator so can swap back and use leap finishers.

Bulwark gyro can’t keep up for the small area it produces. And Like others have said gets killed to quickly.

Why Use the purge gyro when there are other ways to get rid of a condition more reliable and that can’t be killed. True you have to trait for it or shot through a light field but it is there.

Shredder gyro. little damage by itself and the bolts it hits out is the worst type of finisher. If it survives it is easily ignored or killed either way it is of little help. Rather see it whirl itself through a group and be exploded then how it is now.

Medic gyro doesn’t keep up and If I was on the other team I’d just mortar it a bit and that will be the end of it.

Stealth Gyro. can’t build up much stealth. And it doesn’t seem to want to keep up with a group on the move. Not that useful. I think if you stay still and charge up by the time you leave you’ll have maybe 8 seconds of stealth maybe a little more. That isn’t to bad but if it is supposed to be helping on the go then yeah Not that great. Once again mortar the area cause you know that is where the person would be.

Hammer
As stated AA does to little damage for the speed that it is. Taking in consideration building damage is ok but sustained damage is better. By gaining might and giving vulnerability is ok. But once those stacks reach 25 it matters not. And if your in a group then you’ll be up to that very easily. So sustained damage is best

I like electro-whirl. Problem is that It is one of those moves that your like should I use it now it is best to use to defend against projectiles. Still a good skill though. Though I would rather the whirl finisher put off waves instead of bolts. Short burst waves when used in a field. Would make whirl finishers much more useful.

Rocket Charge. Some have already said that the movements are very odd. Also it isn’t very helpful to try to close a gap with the short leaps it does. When mentioned I thought it would be like a bound or leap across the field to try to catch up with it’s target. Those running away won’t have much trouble getting out of range of these leaps though.

Shock shield is still out for testing

Thunderclap seems good.

Traits. Alot of them are great. minors are not all that great though.

first and second minor really have mostly to do with function gyro. And third minor only works with stun. As somebody worked out Stun and daze are two different things. It would have been great if it was condition duration was increased and decreased. But just stun isn’t all that.

Shocking speed. Super speed doesn’t stack so why?
stabilization core doesn’t matter.
recovery matrix is nice

rapid regeneration is cool and helps with sustain
expert examination could be fun still testing
mass momentum seems like a winner

The others also sound great except when it comes to final salvo. The gyro’s are not that great and super speed once again doesn’t stack. Not sure if the field stuns enemies when they cross into it but doesn’t seem to.

Currently Am still testing and coming up with suggestions. Others have suggested things as well. One thing is for sure gyros need a change.

I’ve already made my thoughts on the function gyro clear. There are many mechanics that was suggested And no response to those was made. Function Gyro just isn’t a class mechanic. I have not used it once since testing scrapper. Something that you don’t show on POI and that some of us have not used once made it to a class mechanic that was game changing? Not sure how that happened. Not sure how that was supposed to define the scrapper. But I hope it gets changed soon. I’m going to strive to use it to give more complete feed back on it. But It’s not a class mechanic. It’s an april fools joke gone bad.