Beta Weekend Scrapper Feedback Thread

in Engineer

Posted by: lorddarkflare.9186

lorddarkflare.9186

Hammer 3 is REALLY problematic.

Right now, the only time I use it is when I have a field.

Outside of those cases, it is much too erratic for anything.

in Engineer

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Hammer’s 3: Second jump always misses.

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

The Hammer is amazing. As everyone else has requested, please give us our legendary effects when in a kit.

The gryros are really wonky. Especially if there is a zerg around. They have a really hard time following properly. Several times the stealth gyro effect took 2 or 3 seconds to apply , or didn’t follow me properly and revealed me.

I’ll probably find a use for the blast gyro, it seemed to be the only one that didn’t have issues, and I like the knockback/interupt.

As great as 4 and 5 on the hammer are, 3 is also wonky. Many time it would do the second leap away from my target causing finishers to miss. The leap also didn’t seem to proc every time in a static field. Leaps 1 and 3 would proc, but leap 2 failed to proc a lot.

Hammer will definitely be my main weapon in HoT (the 4 skill is just amazing).

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

I would like to ask you for two changes to the hammer.

In this game, some abilities have 2 parts.
For example counterattack->crippling throw from the ranger greatsword.
A few other classes have such a mechanic as well. Including engineer, with magnetic shield->magnetic inversion.

I want to suggest something like that for the hammer.

Hammer #2:
The first press on the spell will do what it already does.
Than you have the option to do a second press if you want to.
On second press, you will cancel the Electrowhirl and shoot a lightning attack from the sky at your target for x dmg. This attack has a 900 max range.

Hammer #4:
On second press, you will cancel the Shock shield block and throw a piece of electrified scrap metal at your target for x dmg. This attack has a 900 max range.
If you have not blocked any attacks when going to the second press on the spell, than the cooldown will be reduced by half.

This is the general idea.
It could be changed a bit.
Maybe something like a cripple or so added to it for example.

Why these changes?
This will make everybody happy.
Both the people who wanna be in melee range all day and those who like a bit of ranged options added into the spec.

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I would also like to mention how insanely difficult it is to target an ally with function gyro while in the middle of combat. Also, the fact that I’m forced to use function gyro, and thus put it on cooldown, even if I’m stomping or ressing in melee range.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Engineer

Posted by: SaboD.7290

SaboD.7290

A lot has already been said in regards to AI with the gyros and bad dps. It has somewhat been touched on before but let me give you some sound advice. Get rid of the jack of all trades aspect of this class and focus this class on a specific roll. If you want the scrapper to be a front line brawler than make him one. As it is now the class couldn’t stand in the front lines for more than a couple seconds before being killed.

A class that is ok at many things is never and I mean never as good as a class that is great at any one thing. You can really compare the engineer to every other jack of all trades class in any mmo ever made. They are always either OP or mediocre.

As it stands now hardly anybody will spec a scrapper. Although the hammer has got some nice new abilities, the block doesn’t really work well do to its very short range, the gap closer is too clunky, and the dps is way to low. Gyro belt skills are great, however the gyros themselves are in pretty bad shape, all of witch have been mentioned. Personally I would rather you just have the gyros out all the time or on some timer giving group or personal boons, and scratch the entire AI thing. Your AI coding has never really panned out for years, Ranger pets, engineer turrets, have been good for pve, never worth anything for spvp or WvW. Not saying that you can never get it to work, but so far you have not been successful.

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

I would like to ask you for two changes to the hammer.

Hammer #4:
On second press, you will cancel the Shock shield block and throw a piece of electrified scrap metal at your target for x dmg. This attack has a 900 max range.
If you have not blocked any attacks when going to the second press on the spell, than the cooldown will be reduced by half.

This is the general idea.
It could be changed a bit.
Maybe something like a cripple or so added to it for example.

I like the hammer 4 idea.

in Engineer

Posted by: Adamantium.3682

Adamantium.3682

Been fiddling around for an hour or so since I got home, first thoughts:

Hammer
1 – Clunky. It’s hard to tell right away but I think the damage is okay. The aftercast is not though. This kills the nice 1/2s activation you have on them, it might as well be 1s each. Visually bland as well.
2 – Awesome. I feel the reflect lasts long enough, cooldown is good, damage is good. Really like the visuals.
3 – As others have said it doesn’t feel very good to use because it can miss pretty easily. Aside from that it’s great, I feel the damage is good, evade frames are good, and cooldown is good.
4 – The block feels weird and the cooldown feels long. Maybe the cooldown feels long because the skill doesn’t really feel like it’s blocking. Damage is great otherwise and it’s nice visually.
5 – Fun skill everything about it is good I think except the cooldown. Feels too long.

Gyros
I was hoping to be wrong about them but it doesn’t look like I was. Initial reaction is that they need a major overhaul.

Special shout out to Blast Gyro. It thinks it’s a gadget and that’s cute.

Traits
Function Gyro is even more weak than I thought it was. It feels more like a gimmick than a new mechanic. Needs work, namely Chaith’s feedback thread about it.

Overall there are a few good competing traits in Master and GM tier, the Adept tier is a little lacking but overall a good trait line. Superspeed needs to stack or that kills a lot of the trait choices.

[TNO] Gizmo Gigawatt (Engineer)
Jade Quarry

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

Lets talk about superspeed.

What is the point of it? Right now, it is just fancy non-stacking swiftness that procs 1(one) trait.

It needs to do more. Example: One of our minors could modify it into an IAS.

in Engineer

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I didn’t manage to play Scrapper very much thus far, since my masteries didn’t unlock thanks to my being in a friend’s story instance on the first run through and thus I swapped over to Druid to get the unlock.

But I did run Scrappy Jones around the Brink a bit, with hammer and lots of drones. I really like hammer, I like the drones as well especially since they work in tandem with the hammer, and I felt reasonably durable (though that could be thanks to the difficulty nerf). I do think I’ll dump the elite because I have more useful things I can do in a Verdant Brink fight than vanish for a few seconds.

It did feel a bit restrictive not having a ranged attack of any note. I’ll want to change things a bit to have more flexibility on fighting distance. That’s a build choice, though, not something intrinsic to the profession design; a hammer Scrapper with gyros is going to be dedicated to melee.

I tried the Function Gyro on some downed players in a champ fight. It worked, but was clumsy because I had to manually click them, then hit F — it was easier to just run up and rez while keeping the champ targeted. Would it be possible to have the gyro pop up if anyone’s downed in range and automatically go to them, the same way we can just hit F when next to a downed person? Sure it might not always get the intended target, but neither does nearby rezzing if there are a few people down.

in Engineer

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

The leap on the hammer is interesting, but since you can’t chose the path (afaik) you can easily land in an aoe field or jump off a cliff while traveling to your target if it’s on a narrow path. Perhaps it could be two leaps to target where the first leap could be ground targeted for an evade or a straight line jump and the second leap could be a straight jump to target.

The gyros were disappointing, to put it mildly. I didn’t even realize any were supposed to follow me, they were so laggy. Performance wise, I found them inferior to any other utility skill. Underpowered and slow. I tried several of them and didn’t find one I would use on a day to day basis.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The Scrapper’s Traits can add some nice bonuses for my current build so I like the traits for the most part. Examples are the +6 (for a total of 12) constant might on my Flamethrower with Juggernaut. I will go through the traits now:

Function Gyro – Nothing really needs to be said about this it’s a good trait and I would say a main draw card for this line. Having said this tho I have not had a chance to use it yet so I am mainly commenting from looking at what’s written down on paper here…. So other peoples (such as Donari’s above) replies are better than mine for this so far.

Shocking Speed – Meh for me and my build, might be fine for others.

Stabilized Core – Not as good as I thought it would be with Juggernaut, it does not seem to give an extra stack of stability at all. Possible bug? If not totally useless for my Juggernaut build.

Recovery Matrix – Pretty good, I like it for a secure way to get some protection. Although when used with Elixir H sure you do get those extra seconds of protection from it but it just seems to take something away from Elixir H. Maybe that’s just me.

Decisive renown – Seems ok I guess. Personally I would have preferred a quicker finisher or res. :P

Rapid Regeneration – Probably good for other builds, not so great for me. I originally thought this might be good with elixir gun (mainly skill 2) but it just seems meh as there are better ways to keep HP up while still doing some great damage.

Expert Examination – no doubt great for certain builds and probably useful in PvP but offers nothing for me or my build in general especially for PvE.

Mass Momentum – Now this right here is a winner for my Juggernaut build. An extra +6 Might for a total of 12 in Juggernaut. The 10% Power from Toughness is an extra win win for those of us in any kind of survival gear (PVT myself) this just adds an extra big win for this trait. Three thumbs up!

Impact Savant – Nothing for me here.

Adaptive Armour – Big win to help counter Cond damage. It says max 5 stacks I never saw anymore than 3, may test this further. Nice Trait.

Edit: it does go to 5, just hard to see due to how slow enemies attack and if you kill too fast. :P

Final Salvo – Nothing for me here but I can see potential for others. Nothing for me mainly because I see little use for Gyros (see below).

Perfectly Weighted – Nice I guess for when using hammer, but where’s the quicker hammer skill recharges? That is usually staple for these kinds of traits. Personally I would be even more impressed if this trait did for hammer what Juggernaut does for Flamethrower – CONSTANT Stability, lol we can dream can’t we?

Now the hammer and gyros:

Hammer – I guess it’s fine the way the skills are but then again I wont bother with it because I just see no real reason to right now. Maybe in PvP but as it stands not for anything else. Honestly why would I? When instead I can use flamethrower for perm stability, regen from backpack generator and all that extra Might? It just seems pointless using anything else. So with that being said, hammer to me may only get use for a bit of fun or variety.

Gyros – I guess on paper these looked good. For me they seem useless, maybe if they had perm duration and not some silly 15 secs max here and there I could see a great use for them. But as it stands now I see far better choices without them sorry. Yes Bulwark Gyro would seem totally OP if it was out perm, but remember they can be destroyed and you could lower the damage reduction by a great deal. Perhaps just have it give a 25% reduction effectively giving it a weaker version of a perm protection? Again probably dreaming but for me, gyros are just wasted utility slots sorry.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

in Engineer

Posted by: Helcor.9527

Helcor.9527

From the top:

Hammer 1: weak and slow (boost damage and/or increase speed)
Hammer 2: great
Hammer 3: clunky and unpredictable (between leaps could be shortened. Also doesnt work that well as a gap closer)
Hammer 4: good
Hammer 5: great

Function gyro: Awkward. See link.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Chaith-s-Idea-for-Robust-Scrapper-Identity

Stealth Gyro: If it would stay close this could be more useful. Also could use a little bit bigger radius) Tool belt skill is surprisingly more useful then i thought. Good CD too.

Purge Gyro: Didnt use. Seems lackluster. Poison field is underwhelming.

Bulwark gyro: I used this one the most .5sec of watchful eye would be better. Decent TB skill. .

Shredder gyro: Up the strike damage. Also its TB skill seems better if it could be ground targeted.

Blast gyro: Fun but way better options out there. TB skill super speed increase to 5sec. at least.

Medic gyro: Healing turret is way better. Purge gyro could have been merged with this.

Overall the scrapper is fun. Gyros are going to need some buffing. What i said above were only minor suggestions imo.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Streamlined Kits for the TK has been nerfed to 2s Superspeed. That sort of sucks.

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: zigs.3294

zigs.3294

It would open up a lot of tactical play in WvW and pvp if the Sneak Gyro could be moved like the Ventari tablet, i.e. you could have it follow you, you could leave it in one location, or you could send it off as a diversion.

Of course this may also require moving the self-destruct to the toolbelt when the gyros are active, but I think it’d be cleaner to have them more consistent with the turret skill setup anyway.

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Function Gyro Should have like 5 sec cd and stability baseline. Self-destruct should also be instant (why is there even a cast time in the first place….it break the flow of gameplay).

(edited by Lyger.5429)

in Engineer

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

The medic gyro is unable to keep up with the engineer if he is constantly running, like in the front line of a zerg, nullifying its most important aspect that differentiates it from the healing turret: the passive heal.

Sneak gyro is the same, you need to take breaks in your movement to keep yourself in the cloak field. However, it would be a bad idea for the sneak gyro to stick to the scrapper always as it gives away his location in the cloak field

I had more success with the sneak gyro applying its effects on me than the medic gyro because:
1) The sneak gyro follows me and only me, unlike the medic gyro
2) The sneak gyro’s cloak field is just bigger than the medic gyro’s heal pulse

Possible changes

I suggest making medic gyro’s heal field bigger and to only follow the scrapper. Also if it’s lagging behind the scrapper most of the time it’s never going to see its full lifespan in the battlefield (because you just dodged out of that AOE? well your gyro is still lagging behind). You could increase its passive heal potency and make it tick per second to compensate for that, otherwise people are just never going to take it like with turrets (ironically healing turret being the exception)

For the sneak gyro, I had a suggestion on a movement rework so that it doesnt depend on AI but on the player’s movement itself without sacrificing the engineer’s location in the cloak field:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Should-sneak-gyro-to-follow-closely-or-not

in Engineer

Posted by: EdwinLi.1284

EdwinLi.1284

The Rocket Charge hit radius could be increased to 180 radius instead of the current 130 radius. That way it should be able to hit things better on the 2nd hit due to the AoE nature.

Beyond that i have little issue with Rocket charge currently because I used it more for evading attacks and combo fields in melee combat rather than as a gap closer.

in Engineer

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I love hammer.
skill 1 basic skill, I like it
skill 2 is perfect to catch up to enemies and can damage/dodge when in close range to an enemy
skill 3 ehhhhhh Its cool, don’t really know what to say about this one :P
skill 4 useful in terms of defense
skill 5 love the range

As for gyros sigh they don’t really stick with me, would be better if they were longer on the field and die instantly anyways. Aesthetically they are amazing, but in terms of gameplay/AI they need some serious rework

in Engineer

Posted by: Ebax.1320

Ebax.1320

Here’s my thoughts after some experimentation.

The elite spec (while using a hammer) has some amazing synergies with other specs available to the engineer. I have a hard time picking which ones and which traits within the spec to pick because of all the neat interactions that can be made. Without the hammer and just running with a loadout of gyros, it gets a little awkward because gyros are… finicky.

Hammer is nifty! I like the playstyle of it with the exception of skill 3. Others within this thread have mentioned all of the reasons I’m iffy about it already. (Feels clunky and out of control. Strikes often miss or have my engie leaping away from her target. A couple ‘goodbye cruel world’ moments as she gets hurled off a cliff by the attack, etc.) Other than that, it feels decent to me. Could stand to be faster/deal more damage with the AA chain to keep up with other melee DPS types, but I think you were the one that said it can’t all be about damage all the time.

Gyros, as stated before, are finicky. While the little noises they make are adorable as heck and a nice touch, some of them are dumb as posts. The whirl finisher and explosive ones are fun, but I’m thinking that’s because they’ve got very minimal AI. All the others tend to have trouble keeping pace with you as you move, or decide to float off and handle other business while you’re getting creamed by a sniper. The stealth gyro in particular is bad at matching pace unless ‘stealth’ means being visible half of the time as you run, or stopping every two seconds to wait for the gyro to maybe catch up.

Their toolbelt skills though? Totally sweet. Some of them, like the whirl finisher one, are a bit weird because it seems to have a set-up time in addition to the casting time. I can only imagine that’s a balance thing or me just not being quite used to an aspect of the class yet as a long-time static discharge player.

Great work on the spec so far Irenio!

in Engineer

Posted by: Nieguen.6235

Nieguen.6235

Personal note: I tested again a bit (I want to believe…). And I am sad… definitely, we have an amazing engi and the worst spec ever designed around the function gyro and the gyros, both in terms of identity and gameplay:

The traits
I do not see the point of super speed in the traits, it does not stack, it is capped, why should I take it? It is a speed not affected in a fight, ok then? I have already sources of speed.

The hammer
AA hammer too slow or not enough damage
3rd is clunky as explained by others
4th hammer needs a better range considering its CD
fix the AFTER CAST which gives the hammer a so wrong feeling.

The Gyros
You are going to think I am crazy, considering 3 weeks before release but, about the gyros:
It has been asked a long time ago and I finally think it will be the only best solution for reliability and balancing the gyros: remove the AI make the area of the gyro sticked with the avatar (not the gyro itself, the area -> elite gyro), why this?
- First: it is a pain in the … to balance HP for gyros, if too low, it is useless if too high we do not see the point of counterplay.
-Second: the AI and the gyro being able to follow will always be a problem.
-Third: The gyro sticked by area on the engi (it means it will be sticked on the engi which will always be in the area of effect, as a consequence the gyro can move as long as the engi is in the area of effect of the gyro), so the engi will have to move to bring the areas effects (boons or damage) to the foe or the ally rather than the current gyro which moves to the ally with lowest hp or whatever. Because currently the gyros are not for the first purpose of the engi!!

So the next question is what would be the counterplay? Simple: the CD duration and the gyro duration will bring it, a self counterplay, making the use of the gyro a thought use and a meaningful one.

For the function gyro, it does not define at all the scrapper, it is a very slow stomp, and it is even a recycled design, there is already a post from Chaith giving a lot of suggestion for improvement.

Conclusion
As said before I do not see currently the purpose of playing scrapper without gyros rather than the engi. It is “utilities” dependent if you want to lockdown (which is presented as the goal of the scrapper was well as being a bruiser)

(edited by Nieguen.6235)

in Engineer

Posted by: michelada.2947

michelada.2947

We need more stability options for wvw , the only new one we have it’s atached to the gyros and i’m pretty sure that in the current state no one will use them for wvw.

i can’t find a good set of abilities that allow my engi to be effective at melee range i really was expecting that gyros could help fill that gap , the tool belt skills are really good but the gyros on they own are suck bad .

(edited by michelada.2947)

in Engineer

lorddarkflare.9186

We need more stability options for wvw , the only new one we have it’s atached to the gyros and i’m pretty sure that in the current state no one will use them for wvw.

i can’t find a good set of abilities that allow my engi to be effective at melee range i really was expecting that gyros could help fill that gap , the tool belt skills are really good but the gyros on they own are suck bad .

Perfectly weighted?

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Everyone has gone over the hammer.

Stealth Gyro:

Not going to talk about the pathing since it has already been touched on.

One thing I think the Stealth Gyro needs is to act like a clone, since the Gyro already gives away your position. When it’s destroyed it should do damage/daze but not reveal you. You stealth is going to time out in the next max of 4 seconds no need to reveal you. This will allow for more usage of the Gyro actively to initiate a fight.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in Engineer

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

Gyro self-destruct should count as an explosive for the purpose of traits.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Hoi…here some FB from me:

- (bug first) —> Heal Resonator Trait doesn’t functions with the Medic Gyro

- Increase CD from Bulwark-Gyro to 35s. Increase HP by 15%. Add a stun break to this skill

That’s it for the moement XD

in Engineer

Posted by: portedGoblin.7413

portedGoblin.7413

Hammer
1 is clunky, but damage is ok. Not supposed to do dps anyway
3 needs to speed up when hitting someone close. Maybe not move so far away for each leap.
2,4,5 are awsome

Gyros
All mobile are really bad. Unsuable and game broken. Blast and shredder at least works but are not that exiting.

Traits
The Funcion Gyro needs to go, how can you make a PvP only class mechanic? That is an unreal design decision!

Make Adaptive Armor the new class mechanic and move it into the minor trait.

in Engineer

Adamantium.3682

Rocket Charge evade frames aren’t very consistent throughout the use of the skill. There have already been quite a few times fighting champs in Verdant Brink where they are stunning me in the middle of using this skill. Also the aftercast is rooting me in enemy attack damage that I can’t get out of ankitten ot evading.

I get that this is probably 3 separate applications of a 1s evade frame or something, but it seems like there are gaps between the applications. If they could be chained together with no gap and the total skill duration could match the total evade duration that would be great.

Sounds like you may have your work cut out for you with RC Irenio

Jade Quarry

in Engineer

Posted by: TsukuZankaze.6951

TsukuZankaze.6951

My First impressions:
The Good!:
*Hammer feels great. All skills have a purpose, and they mesh well together in combos.
*Medic Gyro is actually useful! Especially the Toolbelt, Combo that toolbelt with a Rocket Charge for some great heals.
*Traits are great! some need some tuning though.
*Great synergy with power builds.
The bad:
*Function Gyro needs either a smaller cooldown, or a seeking AI for stomps/Rez. I feel 30 secs is too long for a remote stomp or a super quick rez.
*Sneak Gyro needs some tuning. It needs a smaller tether, and a quicker pulse to be effective! Plus Irenio you put a player cap on the stealth man! let it be a SR that follows you for WvW!
*Rapid regeneration needs to stack with healing power.
*Final salvo needs to reduce Gyro cooldowns too, otherwise it doesnt feel GM like!

Final thoughts: Needs work, but it shines well right now. Played 10 games and won every single one due to that lockdown! This meta just doesnt have a solid counter for a CC Train like scrapper! Especially if u use them mines for stab strip!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sindre.6928

Sindre.6928

I feel the scrapper is a fail on so many levels, The new ranger pets have more use and utility then all the gyros. And whats with that lame function gyro that have no use.
Just be glad that i am not your boss if you know what i mean.
I had high hopes for the concept. At least there are new class to play.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dakiaris.2798

Dakiaris.2798

The scrapper I like the general feel but I have some small problems with it and the abilities associated with it.

Hammer no.1 feels good smooth scales decent but the after cast feels a little to long. The swing itself is around 1/2 a second and the after cast feels nearly the same I would recommend dropping it by around .1 seconds to see how it feels at that point.

electro whirl feels good in every regard but the distortion caused by the animation makes it hard to see what’s going on around you while it’s active. Does good damage and cd and the reflect is useful though so I don’t mind this.

Rocket charge feels really clunky…. like REALLY the 2nd hit always misses even on stationary targets. The damage feels very very low because of this. The animation also feels very jerky I would have rather had what look like rocket on the hammer making you do the jumps not a ton of rifle jumps back to back. The damage should be fine once the 2nd hit miss issues fixed though.

Shock shield… Honestly nothing to say about it good scaling blocks projectiles from the front and has a modest cooldown all around solid skill. All I could see it doing is making the block range a little wider not by much

Thunderclap awesome skill I especially love it paired with hammer no.2 the only problem I’m finding with it is the cooldown is really long for what duration the stun is 1.25 sec on a 24 sec cd

The gyros. This is going to be the hard to explain one but I’ll do my best.

Medical gyro – This is a good idea but honestly feels lacking still. I would recommend making it remove a condition per pulse or just pulse heal for more currently I prefer elixirh and heal turret over it.

Blast gyro – I don’t care for it.. The cooldown is long the damage is low and the only thing it does is a knockback which honestly feels lackluster for the slot you’re using. Defensive elixirs or a kit give more utility and in some cases more damage. The only suggestion I have here is up the damage and lower the cd by 5 seconds. Also raise the health by a bit since it gets evaporated by aoe in most cases.

Bulwark gyro – I’m loving this skill but it’s health feels a little to low even in a 1v1. I would suggest raising the health by around 20-25% and that’s it. The toolbelt skill for it I love and I don’t think it needs to be looked at to much beyond that.

Purge gyro – Combine this into the healing gyro and make something in it’s place like a condition gyro that does melee hits and inflicts bleeding or a flashing gyro which pulses blind or something. This gyro feels really lackluster especially if you take the alchemy trait line.

Shreader gyro – I love how this is a whirl finisher but the fact it’s stationary and low health really needs to be looked at especially when the cooldown is 30 seconds. My suggestion is lower the cooldown to 25 seconds and up the power scaling a little. The toolbelt skill outshines the current utility skill.

Sneak gyro – Found this useless in 9/10 situations.. The 1 situation I found it useful was ignoring mobs in some areas since they don’t seem to aggro onto the gyro. Though this could be a bug… If it’s a bug don’t fix it because honestly it’s the only use I have found for this.

Function gyro – I don’t like it…. It dies instantly in pvp and in pve I’ve yet to find a real use for it besides rezzing the occasional downed player. I would honestly suggest adding some more functions so this feels more useful as a talent such as if used on a enemy tazes the target dealing a damage and dazing them for 3 second or when used on a ally it functions like aegis but blocks 3 attacks attack. Just general little functions that have tactical uses I think would be better then stomp/rez only. I would keep the cooldown as 30 seconds if you go with that suggestion. If not I suggest lowering the cooldown to 20 seconds and just raising the health by around 50%.

On to the talents I’ll only name the ones I feel need a buff or feel like a trap.

Stabilization Core – feels bad due to not being able to trigger it in pve and in pvp it’s only triggered stomping. The suggestion I gave to giving the function gyro more functions would fix this.

Perfectly Weighted – I feel like the other 2 grand masters outshine this. I suggest raising the duration of the stability to 2 stacks at 6 seconds and adding 2 stacks of might as well while upping the cd to 10 seconds.

Anyway those are my suggestions after playing around with the spec and as I said I love it so far it just needs some polish and function gyro needs to be more useful.

in Engineer

Posted by: slashy.9721

slashy.9721

Hammer #3 needs an improvement on the 2nd Hit especially as it always leaps the full range even if the target is close by. Everything else on Hammer seems fine (even #4 seems fine to me as you can move around while channeling).

As already pointed out, Gyros are next to useless due to their AI (as already predicted). Cooldowns are too long, they are too slow, they die too fast. Only usable about them are the toolbelt skills and those aren’t worth it.

Actually my greatest fear became true. When ANet said that it will wait until after ALL the betas until they decide for a release date I was happy.. but that changed when it was announced that a releasedate has been found while not even all of the elite specs where out and only 1 BWE left. You guys should have just waited, fixed everything and THEN settle on a release date… not set a date, unvail the 2 MOST PROBLEMATIC classes specializationslast and then hope for the best…
When I see the feedback after every BWE for the other classes and I see how many things where done after the first and the second BWE and estimate what we will see after BWE3 I feel like both Scrapper and Druid will only get 1/3 of the treatment, if at all and will probably bugged and next to useless on release

I also want to voice my opinion about legendaries on the Engineer/Scrapper:

When in comes to Engineer, there is really NO use to any legendary….

- Shield? Well nope, you throw a wodden shield, whatever skin you use.

- Pistol? Well in mainhand it’s okayish, in offhand none of the sound or visual effects work. Since Pistol dmg isn’t worth it you’ll be sitting in kits like 99% of the time and will have no effects. Even Grenade Barrage effects have been removed a while ago.

- Rifle? Most skills override the sound. Only autoattack has it really (and jump shot if you travel far enough). Except for autoattack there is no visible projectile that could be altered. Grenade Barrage and Static Discharge effects that we used to have are gone now too.

- Hammer? Autoattack has the splash effect, everything else doesn’t. Armor looks nice though. Kits? Well footprints gone, Armor gone. Nothing left.

As an engineer main with all of those legendaries (except for shield, was hoping on a good shield with HoT but will obviously not make it even IF there is one for said reasons) I feel cheated on. I feel like I wasted a good chunk of money just to have switchable stats (which are also rather useless due to the fact that we can’t switch sigills easily and some are too expensive to experiment with) that I could now have with ascended too.

Really if there won’t be any change about that with (or shortly after) HoT I will be mad.

Admin, Developer and sole ruler of http://timer.gw2tools.de

(edited by slashy.9721)

in Engineer

Posted by: Sarmach.1547

Sarmach.1547

Gyro suggestion:

• Lock them to the player character
  • Give them a base toughness and vitality (Currently the Bulwark is softer than the other gyros)
  • Copy boons on the player to the gyros (Currently they have the same priority as a player. Honestly ANet, what were you thinking? Players should ALWAYS have priority over pets.)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kentsui.4930

Kentsui.4930

Just a few quick things from playing a bit.

I guess it has been said over and over, but hammer 3 needs to be more reliable in the way it makes you jump around when you have a target selected (something like the Revenant sword skill) it would instantly make blasting fields better overall, and it would even make the Healing Gyro F skill something I could see myself use.

Gyros not being able to keep-up with the player was kind of expected, but that’s something that needs to be looked- at real fast.

in Engineer

Posted by: Zaldinora.6748

Zaldinora.6748

My current thoughts:
Hammer and the Scrapper traitline is an extremely awkward thing to say the least. I can’t deny for a second this seems to be bloody amazing for WvW and possibly PvP so I’ll jusy be talking about a PvE perspective.

Whenever I trait Scrapper I feel like whatever choice I make after that I’m shafting myself slightly if I want to go for a damaging route. With the sheer power behind Explosives and Firearms and how lacking in synergy Scrapper has at all with Explosives, its still a situation where I either pick explosives pure and simply to run grenade kit, which then nothing much changes, or I sacrifice a clump of damage and go into Alchemy/Firearms/Scrapper for a better synergy.

The same can be said for pistol, I think the auto-attack needs some explosions synergy. And I’m still surprised rocket jump doesn’t apply burning. While Elite Specializations do offer different avenues of play and it not being a hybrid weapon for a change is nice, if the rest of the profession encourages the most damage from hybrid play it does leave you in a bit of a “ehhh… what do?” situation.

I can’t deny its cool and a nice change of pace, and the encouraged synergy between it and flamethrower is glorious, but with hammer and Scrapper traits I feel like I’m nudged towards a tankier yet damage-orientated route such as Soldiers and Knights (yes, yes, or Berzerker if you don’t intend on making any use of Mass Momentum outside of the Might to Stability part), and with the rest of the profession I’m encouraged to hybrid. Maybe go for Scrapper with Rabid at a push, which then doesn’t use the Hammer because, not much condition synergy.

Overall I think its really nice for WvW with a flamethrower kit, but in PvE kits are still the king of the hill which leaves no incentive to even look at the gyros.

I definitely think I’ll be playing a bit of WvW on my engineer now and again, but for PvE I can’t see much benefit unless you go Zerker or Sinister and pick Explosives-Firearms-Scrapper and keep the grenade kit. Which then is really just trading out Rifle for Hammer and again, makes the gyros pale in comparison to your other choices…

Might just be me with that problem. Hope it is.

in Engineer

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Gyros unreliable? First two minors not worth it?

Must…resist…. mustn’t say…told you so

in Engineer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Gyros unreliable? First two minors not worth it?

Must…resist…. mustn’t say…told you so

No need to.. everybody knew it would happen, there was just a sort of… denial going on. Everybody wanted em to be good, cool and relyable cause many people just wanted to have their engineers go on another level… and not faceplant with a concrete slap on the back into a cactus field grown over a mine field that houses mega hornets armed with rusty chainsaws. Im honestly sitting here right now staring at the screen, refreshing the forum all few minutes and think about how to give my feedback without to throw something through the room or start crying like a little girl… and im not even joking. Just wanted to have a nice thing for once… Is that so much to ask for as engineer?

(edited by Basaltface.2786)

in Engineer

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

As expected, the spec needs tuning/tweaks:

Gyros: We feared it and it was true, gyros don’t work very well: They don’t follow you, they get stuck, they die quickly. I also feel the cooldowns are too long. It would not be the case if their cooldowns would start as soon as they are deployed. A cooldown reduction on the GM would not hurt either.

Hammer: The idea and the skills are good, but it feels weird to use:
- Skill3 miss often, and you can end in the bottom of a cliff or anywhere you don’t want to end. I think we should have the possibility to use the 3 leap as we want, by pressing the skill each time. And maybe it should be a ground target skill.
- Skill4 doesn’t always block, even when enemies are in front of you.

Function gyro: First, it should have more use in PVE. And even in PVP, ATM it’s not really useful: The cooldown is really long, the stomp is slow, and it’s easily interrupted. Let the gyro try to rez you if you are downed automatically if it’s not on cooldown. It would make it more useful in pve as well . As it is easily interrupted or destroyed, and with a long cooldown, I don’t think it would be that gamebreaking, as it doesn’t do much compared to other specialization mecanics ATM.

Misc: Impact savant only work for stun and not daze, we have only 2 stun. And we have probably not enough lightning field.

Overall, I like the scrapper, but the function gyro mecanic is really weak.

(edited by Spleen.7836)

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Stabilization Core should give stability for every gyro you call with a 60 sec cooldown

Gyros should daze when they die not only when i destroy them

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

(edited by Haralin.1473)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

For more Synergy between Scrapper and core Engi, I would prefer that:

- Soothing Detonation and MDF get an increased radius to 300. Soothing Detonation also works for leap finishers now
- Rapid Regeneration should be activated in combination with MDF (cause ist healing outgoing to you)

Thx =)

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

Function gyro does not use the finisher i have

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: frogshake.2419

frogshake.2419

Hammer
AA: Too slow for the low damage output – why would I not switch to grenade or bomb AA?
Hammer 3: Unpredictable. If I am close to the target I first jump away from it. Not all hits do actually hit.

General gyro feedback
- cd too high (way too high)
- hp too low (I honestly don’t see why gyros need counterplay other than dodge, considering they honestly don’t do all that much)
- kits generally offer more utility – so why would I use a gyro and limit my options so drastically?
- AI makes them inconsistent: stuck in objects, falling behind, etc.

The problem is: gyros don’t offer enough utility to replace kits. Combined with the high cds they are practically worthless. I think they need a major rework.

(This is a bit ranty: calling it a fuel mechanic that doesn’t do anything other than describing the lifespan of the gyro is really lame. It’s made worse when it appears to be a hamfisted attempt at adding flavor to a lackluster set of utility skills.)

Function Gyro
Lackluster as a new class mechanic. Considerably reduce the cd and dramatically raise the HP. Also, stability should be baseline for the function gyro and should not require an Adept trait.
I’ve never managed to res an ally with it, the option just never showed up. Maybe that was my fault, tho…

Also: no use in PvE, stomp takes ages.

Bulwark Gyro
I don’t ever see any use for that. It’s basically the same as iDefender, another skill nobody ever uses…

Blast Gyro
I don’t see the point. I’d rather slot in FT to get an interrupt with knockback plus a blind, a fire field and a blast finisher instead of the Blast Gyro. It’s just not good enough to deserve a slot in my skill bar.

Shredder Gyro
It’s alright, I guess. Would I ever use it? Not sure yet.

Purge Gyro
Just meh. I don’t like not having control over how condis are removed…

Medi Gyro
Cannot ever replace HT. It’s simply not good enough. Why would I take the Medic Gyro if it offers less healing and no condi removal? Plus: longer cd than HT? That is completely backwards…

Sneak Gyro
Too slow, cannot follow.

Traits
Stabilization Core: Should be baseline.
Final Salvo: Should be baseline.

The idea behind the scrapper is nice, but the execution is just bad. The class mechanic needs a major overhaul, the utility skills need to want me replace a kit or an elixir.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

Hammer #3 is currently affected by cripple and chill. The leap decreases in range when affected by the condis.

in Engineer

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Hello!,

First of all! Good luck developing Engi, its probably hard having those Rangers spam the whole forum as well.:P

I tested out Scrapper and if I may be honest, I didn´t really feel like it added a lot compared to the original Engineer builds.

I think the Hammer skills are cool! The leaping Hammer skill #3 might still need some work, but the idea of the skills are great.

Traits
I think these are lacking a bit if I may be honest, just some notes:

Mass Momentum: This trait only gains 5 seconds of might. The toughness into power is nice, but does not really add something unique or cool to the Scrapper. Since the only way to get stability is by evading an attack, or using Flamethrower. I feel like this is not very useful when you´re not using Flamethrower. Expecially since 5 seconds of might is really small.

Perfectly Weighted: To me the damage increase is a bit of a lack luster for a grandmaster, I think it would be cooler to have a reduced cooldown on hammer. The stability is nice though!, However I think it would be more grandmaster-worthy if it applied on dodge, instead of on evade.

Many traits only useful with Gryo´s
As other people already pointed out: Gryo´s still need some work. So many people will probably try to use other builds, because Gryo´s simply might not work in some cases, for example big WvW battles. The problem is that Scrapper contains many traits that are kind of only useful for Gryo play. Examples:

Expert Examination: When dazing or stunning a foe, apply weakness and vulnarability. The problem is that outside Gryos, Engineer only has access to these on Shield and Elite Supply Crate, making it basically useless for other builds other then Gryo.

Shocking Speed: Gain super speed while leaping in a Lightning Field. The only Lightning field the Engineer has, is the one on Hammer. Unless you use Gyros and the lightning after explode trait. So this again is super limited again in other builds.

Impact Savant: Same criticism as the first trait: If they also mean daze by stun: Then still the only skills and Engineer has outside Gryos that stun or daze are: Shield and Elite Supply crate, again making it very limited.

Rapid Regeneration: I like the idea of this skill, that it heals with Swiftness. Which is generally useful of course. But the superspeed heal is pretty much based on Gryo usage again. Because the only way to gain superspeed is to equip Slick Shoes, or the shocking speed trait, which is not worth it if you dont have Gryo´s.

Final Salvo: This of course is ´the´ Gryo trait which of course every Specialization should have. The problem is kind of that to use this GM you´re kind of expected to take the leap-inside-lighting-field trait too, and the regen-on-superspeed.

Some things to think about:

- What is the use of superspeed if I don´t choose Rapid Regeneration.
- What is the use of a lightning field if I cannot get Superspeed from it?

I think those are some core issue´s that tie many traits together, having no good use if they are used as standalone traits or combined with other traits. (Of course superspeed and lightning fields are nice, but not that nice to specially trait for, if you understand what I mean. (Of course this is my opinion)

I hope you see this as constructive feedback!: I just hope that the traits can be changed so that they will be nice too for general play for the Engineer, instead of being focused a lot on Gryo´s. Otherwise I believe that it is better to just go for the Engineer core (but then we would miss Hammer: nooooooooo)

Christian

(edited by Strategist.6132)

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

if i stand besides a downed target and i want to finish him my self i am forced to first call the gyro and then can finish myself often it is a waste of the gyro and it needs more time.

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Not insanely impressed :/ … The hammer 3 chain was so clunky the gu y could only land it like 50% of the time. The gyros I did notice him use seemed hilariously cracked out . Like he would cast them and they would emedietly start twitching around him. Shiney red gyro that blows me up was so dam easy to evade. The projectile reflect whirl seems hard to time especially when I popped elixir U and just blasted awa y with rifle. He was just as squishy as before but with a sexy hammer.

Now some good news. kitten when he connected with that hammer my grandmother felt it. I had to keep away from that thing o r else I’d be toast. Vulnerability stacks crept up fast and with it came the pain. I feel with some more practice a lot less gyros and better trait allocation this scrapper could have been a force .

in Engineer

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

Disclaimer:My “testing” was just regular playtime while roaming in WvW it was not controlled where I can have exact measurements and such. Just some things I noticed during fights.

Had a lot of fun smashing people in the face with my hammer while roaming with my friends in WvW last night. So thank you to all the Devs that worked on Scrapper.

Feedback

Hammer #3 : really unpredictable, and misses targets. Would have liked to use it more but due to its unpredictability and the fact that sometimes I miss the guy I am targeting I use it sparingly

Function Gyro:
1)is it just me or do I have to be facing the guy to get the pop “Gyro Smash” in order for it to work? If so please change it. Would be great if I can just target and then get back to the fight.
2) it is slow to stomp in all the times I sent it out to stomp a guy while my friend stomped at the same time it always took longer than him. only managed 1 stomp last night that registered my finisher.

Gyros:
I tried but I could not get them to work in WvW. They are slow, too fragile and have some pathing issues.
The one I used most was the sneak gyro. Came in useful when hiding from the chasing zerg. Still like the others it is a bit slow and can’t keep up with me.

I would love it if superspeed stacked

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in Engineer

Haralin.1473

If someone kicks the downed player the function gyro will not go after him he just dissapeared

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

in Engineer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I feel the scrapper is a fail on so many levels, The new ranger pets have more use and utility then all the gyros. And whats with that lame function gyro that have no use.
Just be glad that i am not your boss if you know what i mean.
I had high hopes for the concept. At least there are new class to play.

we all have different opinions but im shocked you feel this way. scrapper is really, really good. especially for a class thats in its first beta

in Engineer

Posted by: Lyrsen.6702

Lyrsen.6702

Just a bit of feedback with the hammer skill #3 (Rocket Charge) the casting time is a bit too long. I’ve found it so long in fact that you can’t leap finish the healing turret’s toolbelt skill (Regenerating Mist) at all, or even the overcharge of the turret.

Suggestion
How about making it similar to rifle 5 (Jump Shot) for casting time, or lower the casting time just a bit, so we can get one leap in our water fields?