Bomb Kit Animations - Vanity Killer

in Engineer

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

This issue is nothing new. But for a game that makes a good chunk of revenue selling costumes and outfits, and legendary weapons are sought after for their skins instead of stats – it’s safe to assume that vanity influences a big part of what we do in-game.

If that’s the case, then why are the bomb animations so tacky and unattractive? It’s the ugliest skill animation I’ve seen. Depending on the camera angle, my engie would either look pregnant, or look like he’s about to get a hernia.

I’m relieved that healing bombs no longer exist even though it was my favorite trait because I’d hate to be seen in public with these animations. They are so goofy, I doubt other players would take the engie seriously.

Attachments:

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

I had a DOWN WITH THE TOILET SEATS-thread once.
Some Moderator deleted it ;_;

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Pimsley.3681

Loling so hard right now

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Nah, there fine to me. Wish the engie went back to its goofyish days tbh.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

hush Ikeostuken! lol I like the the fun silly engi. but this is redic. and GW2 animations/art is not fun and silly its sexy and artsy. This bomb belongs on a world of warcraft char. Not a sexy gw2 predator wielding character.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

Yeah new animations for that would be nice, I’m worried they are busy dealing with other stuff more atm. What if the animation was more of a casual bomb-drop, take out the bent-over position and have the character flip the bomb onto the ground out of the bomb kit, would work better with a current running/moving animations + all the different types of armor/outfits you might have.

in Engineer

Pimsley.3681

I agree Dr Gonzo, the squatting animation is off-putting. They look as if they are about to sit on a toilet or about to lift some heavy weights. On certain classes, it’s very obvious I almost always chuckle at every dropped bomb.

in Engineer

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

hush Ikeostuken! lol I like the the fun silly engi. but this is redic. and GW2 animations/art is not fun and silly its sexy and artsy. This bomb belongs on a world of warcraft char. Not a sexy gw2 predator wielding character.

But its the truth!

Im not an asura cause i want to be sexy! I do it for the animations which are in a way wacky and awesome at the same time ^^ If i’m holding a bomb in my hand, i’m not gonna act like a kitten with fuse lit in my face. The thing could go off any second so i’m getting prepared to kitten myself if it does!