Bomb/Nades = MASSIVE FPS LOSS

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

I’ve been having this problem for a little while now. It hasn’t always been like this, I only noticed it becoming a problem maybe a couple of months ago or so. But nowadays I can’t drop a grenade or bomb without my frame rate dropping from about 100 to 30 (ON PERFORMANCE MODE!).

I have a pretty beefy gaming rig, and I have no problem with particle effects in any of the latest games on ultra settings. It just seems to have become a problem recently with guild wars 2. Nothing on my systems changed in terms of graphics drivers.

Since I main engi and use grenades and bombs and mines primarily this results with me having to play with performance mode just to help reduce this FPS loss. It’s really irritating, I used to play on high settings with a solid and consistent 40+ frames per second.

Anybody else having fps drops from explosions?

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

I purposely push/pull people into corners and walls in Foefire so that I can spam them with nades and lag their screen while I waste them. Call it what you want, but it’s effective.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

Never noticed it…

maybe a hardware error?
I don’t know what grafic card / driver you have, but a licensed (don#t download any trash from 3rd party devs) monitor software could help you find the issue…

and just to get the obvious out of the way:
have you cleaned your rig recently, does it heat up under heavy load?

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I am playing on max details and never notice fps drop even if more than one engi spam grenades.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

It happens even with a great rig and wide pipe.

in Engineer

Posted by: Ameno.6813

Ameno.6813

Never noticed it…

maybe a hardware error?
I don’t know what grafic card / driver you have, but a licensed (don#t download any trash from 3rd party devs) monitor software could help you find the issue…

and just to get the obvious out of the way:
have you cleaned your rig recently, does it heat up under heavy load?

Nope. It’ll usually be about 50c when playing guild wars 2. I can play with high settings just fine, but I just can’t throw grenades or bombs without a huge fps spike.

It’s definitely not an issue with my system, I play all the latest PC games on max settings with no performance problems to speak of.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

sounds like a engine / driver conflict.
I’d recommend you to contact a-nets’ technical support and/or your graphics card manufacturer.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: dithoricki.2397

dithoricki.2397

My computer is a bit old now and I’m running on medium settings mostly. The only time I notice lag or fps drops with bombs/grenades is when I’m in a corner and zoomed in, getting smoke and fire the only thing I see. Other then that, no issues.

in Engineer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I am playing on max details and never notice fps drop even if more than one engi spam grenades.

If you got the time, would you do me the favor and post your system specs? CPU, video card, OS, driver version?
My own system is quite decent, yet the fps aren’t what I hoped for.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.