Bomb is the safest weapon

in Engineer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

For engineers , bomb is the safest and strongest weapon at the same time.

You don’t even need to look to your foe , with speedy kits and power shoes u can just run and spam bomb skills with some mines. All melee foes will not be able to catch you , will they ?

I’m talking about PvE !

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Engineer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

Try that against a human opponent and let us know how it works out for you.

Better yet, video it so we can laugh when the melee who can’t touch you does a leap move and proceeds to school you on why you need stability.

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Try that against a human opponent and let us know how it works out for you.

Better yet, video it so we can laugh when the melee who can’t touch you does a leap move and proceeds to school you on why you need stability.

I’m talking about PvE

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

Any ranged mob will just shoot you in the back.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I completely agree, bombs are our best kit. After level 60, grenades become viable and are probably as good for PvE.

in Engineer

Posted by: Orion the Cursed.1206

Orion the Cursed.1206

yes. you can start with smoke bomb if you engage more than 4 foes at a time, or foes with stun/knock. start with bomb3 then bomb2 if you want more damage. if all else fails run in circles and keep dropping bombs (i killed a champion this way). always kill the range mob first. damage for bomb1 is usually between 600 – 1200 (non-crit) and its aoe.

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

yes. you can start with smoke bomb if you engage more than 4 foes at a time, or foes with stun/knock. start with bomb3 then bomb2 if you want more damage. if all else fails run in circles and keep dropping bombs (i killed a champion this way). always kill the range mob first. damage for bomb1 is usually between 600 – 1200 (non-crit) and its aoe.

So you are saying that it’s stronger than traited grenade ? ( without critical attacks )

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

So you are saying that it’s stronger than traited grenade ? ( without critical attacks )

for solo, PvE & exploration = yes.

The smoke allows you to kill larger mobs (ie5-7 risen) in comparison to grenades (ie. 3-4 risen).

Grenades have the range advantage which is negligible except dungeons where bosses do 1 hit downs. Grenades are also better at stacking vulnerability, at the risk of you being more fragile.

All things considered (in pve) bombs are more efficient.

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

It seems that I should stay on my build which focused on bomb , mine and grenade.
http://tinyurl.com/ap5uwkp
Keep using grenade then swap to bomb when being in melee range .

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

i wont bother swapping from grenades, Grenades requires you to have a specific trait
to be effective and usually you would get 1 hit before the monster closes in. Just use your rifle1 for range. The +power you are going get for explosives should make it viable and it frees you up for extra traits.

Edit: On that note, i wouldnt use P/P because they are outclassed by the bombkit and bring nothing to the fight.

(edited by Orion the Cursed.1206)

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Edit: On that note, i wouldnt use P/P because they are outclassed by the bombkit and bring nothing to the fight.

I used to use Rifle rarely before the patch ( that made kit to be affected by sigils ).
Now I got P/P just for the sigils > bloodlust and battle , and I rarely use my pistols as I find explosives to be more than enough .

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

I used to use Rifle rarely before the patch ( that made kit to be affected by sigils ).
Now I got P/P just for the sigils > bloodlust and battle , and I rarely use my pistols as I find explosives to be more than enough .

Up to you. I find in your case, having a rifle to replace grenades worth more than 1 sigil.

Pros:
-further range
-jump shot for jump puzzle
-1 more trait,
-1 more utility slot

Cons:
-1 less sigil

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Up to you. I find in your case, having a rifle to replace grenades worth more than 1 sigil.

Pros:
-further range
-jump shot for jump puzzle
-1 more trait,
-1 more utility slot

Cons:
-1 less sigil

- Further range , but much less damage -2X and much less critical chances as grenade got the highest critical chances (3 hits in 0.5 sec ) for us.
- You can swap to rifle just for the jump puzzle !
- 1 more trait ? I have to get the 25th explosive minor skill to stack 25 Vulnerability in seconds.
- There isn’t any utility slot better than grenade as I focus on explosives ( all my build ).

in Engineer

Orion the Cursed.1206

as i said its up to you. instead of switching between bombs and grenades, you can focus on bombs. Sigh, =.= 1 more trait means that you can replace Grenadier. a better pve skill? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slick_Shoes & http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Utility_Goggles

That’s what i did and i found that i can clear areas a lot faster and never die in PvE again.

in Engineer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

as i said its up to you. instead of switching between bombs and grenades, you can focus on bombs. Sigh, =.= 1 more trait means that you can replace Grenadier. a better pve skill? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Slick_Shoes & http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Utility_Goggles

That’s what i did and i found that i can clear areas a lot faster and never die in PvE again.

Swapping is not a problem at all , got Razer Naga mouse

in Engineer

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

Swapping is not a problem at all , got Razer Naga mouse

Gimme a bro-fist man, gotta love that mouse, especially since dodging and all attacks can be done with only one hand, no need for shirt or ctrl + 1-= keybinds.