Bomb spec setup: WvW

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hello,
anyone used / tested a bomb spec useful/fun in wvw zergs?
If you did, what king of gear / spec / tactics did you use?

Thank you.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

Hello,
anyone used / tested a bomb spec useful/fun in wvw zergs?
If you did, what king of gear / spec / tactics did you use?

Thank you.

When I was playing on a more laggy server, I actually looked for a good build with a strong #1 ability, since that is the main thing you can use in lag. All the rest is severely slowed down.

Healing bombs, in a power build…
Hit hard, heal yourself and allies near just by spamming #1

My current build is actually a 30/0/30/0/10 testing build.
A grenadier with healing bombs, mostly power-toughness based, with a split between vitality and precission to go with it.

The nice thing about combining bombs with grenades, is that both can work ok on power. Albeit that grenades benefit more from conditions in the end.
Still, you hit hard with the grenades too and I mostly use them for added utility if fighting close.

Pistol-shield for extra survivability.

Not entirely sure on the last slot: stunbreaker, tool kit…
And sometimes using a healing turret with accelerant-packed turrets knockback, sometimes a simple med kit.

If going full support: healing turret and elixir gun actually, just for the condition removal and super elixir. not for actual fighting.
This works nice in dungeons in fact: grenades, healing bombs, healing turret and an EG

It’s not perfect and I’m still trying to tinker it into something versatile and usefull.

My own name for it is my ‘Mad bomber’ build, but it’s not totally original of course, as no engineer build can be at this point in the game.

tactics: start with grenades of course, max range. Than go bombs as you collide.
Knockbacks all around when in the middle of it.

Small fights: bombs, shield, pistol blind, grenades for the chill and such. Grenade barrage after glue bomb…
Still getting used to it.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…