Bomb support build.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: causticfever.6895

causticfever.6895

I just wanted to try something new out. Those of you that have/know how to actually do something like this input is welcome. I went 20,0,30,20,0 and have just started testing the build.

Here is a link:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-XRw;2cP-9-s5-QFx0;9;4J-TJ-27;228A19;2Zc0;0g0-qNYCqNYC3Nj

Copy and paste should work if the link doesn’t.

Engi’s are the kitten.

(edited by causticfever.6895)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: McLeige.7625

McLeige.7625

You basically have my current engie’s exact build. Here are some things.

Reinforced shield does nothing while you have bombs equipped. I personally tested this a few days ago. Use Power Shoes or Elite Supplies.

Everything else is up to what you like and your playstyle. This build is extremely viable in dungeons as long as you know when to back off and heal, or use pistol and run if you need to.

I use Backpack Regenrator, and with the healing bombs and regen on, i heal myself for approx 800 HP a second at level 80.

also you should use build calculators that stay up to date, such as intothemists or gw2db. gw2skills hasnt updated since october 2012

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

I’m actually experimenting with a bomb heal build. Ill give you more feedback once I tested it in 40+ fractal and some of the harder content.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

causticfever.6895

Thanks for the feed back so far. Mcleige I changed Reinforced shield and also switched calculator. Thanks again for the feed back and help towards this build. I also changed the runes.

Engi’s are the kitten.

(edited by causticfever.6895)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

How may healing you recieving from bombs? I think - not more than 350-400

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: McLeige.7625

McLeige.7625

at 1242 healing power my bombs heal for 275 each, I can lay them 1 per half second, so 2 per sec. Backpack regenerator does not scale with Healing Power, so it gives me 128 every half second, and regular regeneration buff which does scale off of healing power gives me 291 HP every half sec.

So every half second I heal for 694 HP, or 1,388 per second, actually.

My bombs do 1050-1300 damage versus Heavy Golem (2600 armor) per half second
so my DPS alone from auto attack bombs is approx 2400 DPS. It is probably higher but I dont feel like calculating damage from fire and confusion and my elixirs, etc.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elmori.7369

Elmori.7369

I’ve ran a similar build but used an elixir gun instead of elixir U (because of quickening zephyr and frenzy). It’s great when you receive haste from someone else though. Is there a specific reason why you aren’t using the elixir gun?

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalspqb3zShF17ISoHSogpWiU8YW2HFyVaB

SFR Engineer Bozwai

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

I believe regeneration ticks only once per second. Also, I believe most cast times are approximate—I could be wrong, but I think bombs are somewhere around three quarters of a second each. I also recommend the elixir gun over elixir U.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

causticfever.6895

I have elixir U so that I can use skills faster to heal and also to speed dunk downed enemies in WvW.

Engi’s are the kitten.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Does backpack regenerator scale down in lower level zones? ie in ascalonian catacombs will it still regen 128 per tic even though you’re leveled down?

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

Does backpack regenerator scale down in lower level zones? ie in ascalonian catacombs will it still regen 128 per tic even though you’re leveled down?

It should be 125 per tic at level 80 and scale downward if you are downleveled. Not sure what it would be in AC.

By the way, nice signature

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

Welp, I thought I was on to something. I’m back to not understanding how this trait is useful again.

About the sig, I was thinking up something like it when I read yours. It fit perfectly and I don’t mind crediting one of the more level headed engineers out there (Although I never asked for permission first >:3)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

NevirSayDie.6235

You flatter me

I definitely wouldn’t take it in a PvE build. I used it for a while in a tanky PvP build, but there are so many other awesome alchemy traits.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: SilverWF.4789

SilverWF.4789

at 1242 healing power my bombs heal for 275 each, I can lay them 1 per half second, so 2 per sec. Backpack regenerator does not scale with Healing Power, so it gives me 128 every half second, and regular regeneration buff which does scale off of healing power gives me 291 HP every half sec.

So, your own HPS equal 1388 and HPS for allies equal to 550?

Doesn’t you think it is so pathetic healing for the grandmaster trait? I do and will never use my Engineer for healing allies.
Even for yourself – when you have deal with 3k+ DPS…

#SAVEDONBASS from Ukraine!
Seafarer’s Rest (EU): Liicher (Engi), Lii Cher (Warrior), Swf (Elem),
Licharr (Guard), Lich Eir (Ranger), Alt Fh (Thief). Lii Cherr (Mesm), S Wf (Necr)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: manaa.5436

manaa.5436

Hello,
i’m a new player (so i make mistakes !!), i’m using the healingbomb with a different build (for pve). My resilience is exceptionnal.

i have 1390 healing power.
-) My bombs heals for 291 (me and allies) two times a secs,
-) The backpack heals 128 but (only me) two times a secs.
That’s 838 life/secs just with these 2.

I’m using the elixir gun and the med kit.
-) Bandage self is healing for 6310 life (only me and 20secs cd),
-) healing mist is healing for 3949 life in 13.5secs (only me and 40secs cd).
-) 1-2-3 from med kit are healing for 1695 each (12secs cd) .
-) 5 from elixir gun is healing for 1256 at the impact and 3430 in 10secs (only allies 20secs cd).

i don’t think that my global healing arsenal is pathetic but i may be wrong.

I’m playing with a 2 handed rifle. 2-4-5 are greats. 3 is very strong at close range… and i’m always at close range.

I have 2 questions :
1) Does bomb (1 from bomb kit) benefit from “short fuse” (explosive VIII) ?
I’m unable to determine the answer.
If yes, it’s a bomb every 0.4secs instead of 0.5secs.
If no, i’m unsure to keep it. I may take 10pts in explosive and 30 in alchemy instead of a regular 20-20.

2) What is regular regeneration buff ?
The effect of the healing turret ? I’m not using it because it’s always destroyed in half a secs by opponents aoe.

(i hope my english is correct)

(edited by manaa.5436)

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

1) no
2) Regen buff comes from heal turret, elixir gun toolbelt, 5 pts in inventions, elixir h, also from triats and skll that grant random boons.

Bomb support build.

in Engineer

JohnDied.3476

So, your own HPS equal 1388 and HPS for allies equal to 550?

Doesn’t you think it is so pathetic healing for the grandmaster trait? I do and will never use my Engineer for healing allies.
Even for yourself – when you have deal with 3k+ DPS…

Yeah, kind of. I’ve seen healing mantra mesmers puting out party heals for about 2k but those aren’t very common (when making a glass cannon mesmer is what everyone wants now). I like to think of bomb heals as another little regen for our character, although I would love it if it just scaled better with healing power.