Bomberman PVE -Which Gear+Runes?

in Engineer

Posted by: Knifte.2439

Knifte.2439

Hey Folks,

I’m just planning to respec my Grenade/full exotic berserker Ingi into an new build

I was just thinking about a Bomberman

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/bomberman-be-a-man-with-a-bomb-rilfe-bomb-toughness-explosives-pve-6168.html

This guy jsut takes greens and the very expensive fighters runes…(think one can take cheaper runes)

I tested this build in PVP Myst an its pretty tanky and funny

BUT: do you think one should focus und Pow/Vit/Though gear (would take the Sorrow’s Embrace reward +forge runes) and Knights Jewelry (there is no soldiers jewelry in PVE)

OR should i focus on Condition-dmg?

The build should be viable in dungeons and free PVE

Furthermore i need gear that i can mix up for WvW too

Heard that bombengieers are nearly as viable as grenadiers in WVW

in Engineer

Posted by: Taerik.3405

Taerik.3405

Just tested this on my lvl 50 engi, its hilarious even without the traits.

On his build, I am considering dropping the 30pt in explosives and the 10 in alchemy to get 15 in tools and carry the medpack.

If only there was a way to have75 skill points, having toolbelt skills rechage would be awesome

in Engineer

Posted by: flowcyto.5671

flowcyto.5671

Since you took elixir bombs trait, I’d take 2 gear options- one more defensive and supportive, and the other more balanced build that has more offense.

Support build is w/ Power/Toughness/Healing gear (Cleric’s), but w/ shaman medallions/crests (pwr/vit/heal), so you have a mix of high power, healing, and toughness, but a decent amount of health too. This is more for the aoe healing on bombs, which can get up to 500-600hps in an area @ lvl 80 (not too bad). Damage isn’t as high, but ur power is good at least and you are quite tanky.

More balanced build is a mix of Knight’s (pwr/prec/tough) and Valkyrie’s (pwr/vit/crit%); bomb heals are weak, but its better for dps w/o being too squishy.

I wouldn’t recommend full on glass cannon (Zerker’s) gear since bombs require you to be up in peep’s faces and we’re not a high-HP/armor proff, but if you like to live on the wild side (kill them before they kill you).. go ahead. In PvE condition dmg is only gonna help the fire bomb’s damage, as confusion doesn’t proc often, so I’d pass on that stat.

Try to align ur big ol bomb w/ fire bomb’s detonation (maybe lay BoB first, since it has a longer delay) and ya can give 3 stacks of area might. Can also use the mine gadget for an extra blast finisher on a shorter cd (more area stealth_might; it also knocks back). Keep in mind ya can kite packs of melee enemies around obstacles just setting bombs behind you- can be handy if you get in a pickle in dungeons or w/e. Usually use elixir C to deal w/ conditions more often, but that’s up to you.

Also, enhance performance trait doesn’t trigger from anything but using the ‘6’ skill, though that does mean if you spam med pack equip ya can get 3-6 stacks of might rolling just by that. I’d prob take the 10% extra explosion dmg instead if you went 30 into explosives- its just less hassle for more damage.

(edited by flowcyto.5671)

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

Try to align ur big ol bomb w/ fire bomb’s detonation (maybe lay BoB first, since it has a longer delay) and ya can give 3 stacks of area might.

It doesn’t work that way. BoB does its blast finisher upon being set, not upon explosion. It seems odd at first, I agree. But I think they did it that way to alleviate timing issues.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kromsin.6359

Kromsin.6359

I went to bomber man mode for pve and nades for wvw. Wow fun spec. Appreciate bringing this up.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yared.7920

Yared.7920

This guy just takes greens and the very expensive fighters runes…(think one can take cheaper runes)

Im not using greens anymore and i use Emerald set which have same stats as Knight armor, its written in notes bellow.
These runes were not that expensive when i bought them, they were like 36s

BUT: do you think one should focus und Pow/Vit/Though gear (would take the Sorrow’s Embrace reward +forge runes) and Knights Jewelry (there is no soldiers jewelry in PVE)

Pow/Vit/Though is great and allow for more offensive runes, and forge are nice, but you dont get protection aside for rune itself, this 20% longer protection could be wasted, consider flame legion runes, You dont have condition dmg but burning is always strong and 5% more dmg is yumy.

The build should be viable in dungeons and free PVE

It is very viable, just change to granades when you REALLY dont want to be close or just use you main weapon.

Try to align ur big ol bomb w/ fire bomb’s detonation (maybe lay BoB first, since it has a longer delay) and ya can give 3 stacks of area might.

It doesn’t work that way. BoB does its blast finisher upon being set, not upon explosion. It seems odd at first, I agree. But I think they did it that way to alleviate timing issues.

No it definitely gives finisher when it explodes, some time ago it didnt work with bomb kit fields, but ANet fixed it.

(edited by Yared.7920)