Bombs Are Dead

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Thundaga.4358

Thundaga.4358

Please Anet, make the bombs usable again by increasing their radius. Thanks.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Nano.3706

Nano.3706

/Push
Hopefully the range atm is a Bug.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Please Anet, hear our plea! Bombs would be so good with the new Short Fuse trait, if it wasn’t for their radius.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

I tested it on a moa, dmg matches the graphic area with the fire bomb. Are we talking about something different?

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Knox.8962

Knox.8962

The tooltip is incorrect, but the visual and damage radius are correct.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

bombs are not dead.
Please stop crying.
learn to combo everything with big ol bomb and change your life for the better

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

We need Elixir-Infused Bombs back, too. It’s such an impactful trait!

The class is always greener on the other side.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I tested it on a moa, dmg matches the graphic area with the fire bomb. Are we talking about something different?

So the radius it hits is 240? I think others have tested it and found that the graphic is 240 but it only hits for 180 radius.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Nightmare.8351

Nightmare.8351

So the radius it hits is 240? I think others have tested it and found that the graphic is 240 but it only hits for 180 radius.

I just tested it in Heart of the Mists and yeah you’re correct: the graphic is 240 but it only hits in 180, and the tooltip only states 180 as well. With the picture I attached, I had no burn ticks or damage on the golem after the bomb went off.

Attachments:

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

I just tested it in Heart of the Mists and yeah you’re correct: the graphic is 240 but it only hits in 180, and the tooltip only states 180 as well. With the picture I attached, I had no burn ticks or damage on the golem after the bomb went off.

COMPLETELY unrelated, but what armor is that? <.<;

The class is always greener on the other side.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Nightmare.8351

Nightmare.8351

Shoulders: Carapace
Chest/Leggings/Boots: Magitech
Gauntlets: Fused Gauntlets
Helmet: Adventurers Scarf
Back: Mad Memories

(edited by Nightmare.8351)

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

yeah, i used bombs b4 they got nerfed- hated grenades. now im stuck with flamethrower

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Bombs died long ago because of power creep! Even if they fixed the bug and with Short Fuse, bombs will still be lackluster because you’ll just instantly die if you even try to get close to plant a bomb in a team fight! Also there’s no trait to take in tier 1 explosives if you decide to run a bomb build without Grenade Kit! And if you do decide to run Grenade Kit, your survivability will tank without the Tool Kit + Elixir S combo which is basically mandatory now if you want to survive for more than 3 seconds because, again, power creep!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

I could see bombs becoming a thing again if the bugs were fixed and ICDs were removed or significantly reduced for blast finisher dodge bombs.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Nano.3706

Nano.3706

There is also a Bug with smoke bomb. Move while dropping and you will see. Actually this bug makes stealthing on escape much easier

I think bk will be viable again once they fix it. We don’t speak about camping bk pressing #1 within all the aoe. It’s more using 2,4,5 depending on the situation.

Dopple BoB is also very funny. You just have to practise knocking your foe into
to Bob2 with Bob1.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Bombs died long ago because of power creep! Even if they fixed the bug and with Short Fuse, bombs will still be lackluster because you’ll just instantly die if you even try to get close to plant a bomb in a team fight! Also there’s no trait to take in tier 1 explosives if you decide to run a bomb build without Grenade Kit! And if you do decide to run Grenade Kit, your survivability will tank without the Tool Kit + Elixir S combo which is basically mandatory now if you want to survive for more than 3 seconds because, again, power creep!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Simply because you die when you use them, doesn’t mean everyone else does. There are other aspects and forms of game play outside of sPvP, in which bombs are very useful.
As well, you avoid stating if you are for or against the bomb radius increase. Which is the subject of the thread.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

push – this is definitly the biggest issue i have on my engi right now (pve wise).
the 2nd issue is SD breaking your command chain
and 3rd? ofc legendary animatin for nades!

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Wahoo! Bye frands!

How would you know? Didn’t you stop playing something like one year ago?

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Setis.2863

Setis.2863

The Radius of bombs is more a PvP issue. But also in PvE its hard to control them.

Engi is pretty bugged right now,… and not in the good way.
There is a full sack of “small” bugs that makes me realy sad right now.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Wahoo! Bye frands!

How would you know? Didn’t you stop playing something like one year ago?

Yes! And bombs were dead back then too! Since power creep has only increased since then… well you get the picture!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

So many changes, so many fixes, yet bombs stay unattended … ANet why? … T_T

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Prisoner.2419

Prisoner.2419

Found this in my screenshots from way back on June 24th…

Attachments:

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Yet the update noyes say they added to rifle range, but nothing about bomb range.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

I still notice that my big ol’ bomb is canceled if I try to queue other skills up after it. I assume this is also still an outstanding bug?

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I still notice that my big ol’ bomb is canceled if I try to queue other skills up after it. I assume this is also still an outstanding bug?

Take off Static Discharge and see if it isn’t fixed. There is an issue with that trait causing toolbelt skills to fail at queueing up the next attack correctly.

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: sunnypsyop.3025

sunnypsyop.3025

We need Elixir-Infused Bombs back, too. It’s such an impactful trait!

It stopped being good long before it went away completely.

GF Left Me Cos Of Ladderboards [WTF]
:: |SPvP | Rev | Engi | ::

Bombs Are Dead

in Engineer

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Take off Static Discharge and see if it isn’t fixed. There is an issue with that trait causing toolbelt skills to fail at queueing up the next attack correctly.

SD has it’s own aftercast, it can’t queue up the animation for the next skill until SD finishes. But BoB has it’s own cast time that you can cancel if you’re pressing buttons too fast. It’s like using WW on a warrior during hundred blades, using skills during the animation can break it.