Bring back hobosacks!...

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

….as a backpack skin.

They were alright as a weapon effect IMO, but a lot of people didn’t like them. Some did. Most don’t care. But what a waste to just remove them entirely! They make perfect backpack skins!

But how would you put them back in?

- Laurels
- Unlocking the skill to each backpack skin on engineer (get the healing backpack upon unlocking med pack, etc). Will it be fair for other classes? Probably not, but to even get the multitool pack you had to roll engineer anyway. Also, its a form of compensation for something removed from the class, so guardians and elementalists shouldn’t complain about getting a skin that was REMOVED from the class.

That’s pretty much it. I want my flamethrower backpack back ;_;

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Weehawk.8234

Weehawk.8234

That’s pretty much it. I want my flamethrower backpack back ;_;

Right with you on this one. I was just about to come back to the game to check out the changes and saw they were removed. I really loved the flamethrower as it was and it was a total buzzkill to see the entire pack removed. The aesthetic was perfect IMO. Would at least like an option to have them back.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: mov.1246

mov.1246

+1

I loved the backpacks, and i hate the redesign. Holding a bunch of grapes in my hand… ugh
Bring back the hobosack!

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Killyox.3950

Killyox.3950

I liked them. I feel cheated they removed them from kits… . Was part reason why I rolled engie.

They should make it a toggle option to have it like it used to be for those of us who want it.

They way they did it is screw one group of people to satisfy another group.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

I liked them. I feel cheated they removed them from kits… . Was part reason why I rolled engie.

They should make it a toggle option to have it like it used to be for those of us who want it.

They way they did it is screw one group of people to satisfy another group.

This all they way.

/Signed!

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

you really just can’t make everyone happy

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

Actually you can. If they had just put in a toggle in the first place instead of removing them wholesale we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: MagoBuono.6548

MagoBuono.6548

I can’t even imagein why the hell Anet removed skins completely. Right decision was to make skins optional.

You can show you back piece or not. Right now. Only things need to do is to make hobosacks displaying with same mechanic. If you want it – check the tick. Don’t want to – don’t check.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

I can’t even imagein why the hell Anet removed skins completely.

Because there is a 10,000 post thread dedicated to the removal of hobo sacks

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

I’ll quote the OP of the 37 page Hobosack thread for you…

“Simplest and most efficient fix: Give us a toggle to hide or show hobo-sacks when we have a kit equipped. It’s probably an easy update, it is optional (so those who want to keep the hobo look can), and it will probably help sales for the new quaggan and charr backpacks.”

Pleasing everyone with the Option would’ve been a solution that everyone would’ve been happy with. Really not sure why they didn’t go that route.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Actually you can. If they had just put in a toggle in the first place instead of removing them wholesale we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

It’s not as easy as it sounds to just simply make it a toggle.

Actually I think its kind of impossible to do at this point. We already don’t have the ability to tone down ally/enemy spell effects in huge groups: it only happens when there are too much to load. Think about that for a second.

And yes, the hobosacks are probably “spell effects”. Want to test this? If you zoom into FPS mode you can still see your weapons despite weapon models being disabled in that mode. That might be why they removed it in the first place: because you can’t do FPS with the packs on.

Either way, I’d rather have them as backpack skins because then other classes can have the joy of hobosack.

But seriously, like 5 laurels or something, please…

(edited by WEXXES.2378)

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Sagramor.7395

The problem with the back skin solution is that it’s not tied to kits at all. I enjoyed the old functionality where back skins changed with kits.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Weehawk.8234

Weehawk.8234

The problem with the back skin solution is that it’s not tied to kits at all. I enjoyed the old functionality where back skins changed with kits.

True but it is something I for one would at least settle for. I just want the option to have them back.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Shinya.2598

Shinya.2598

I Agree, i like the new weapons for kits. The two i dont like is Flamethrower and Bombkit

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I agree to hobosacks as backpiece. Would do nothing but add customization, and require very little effort.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

I’m glad they’re gone (very very glad)

Could care less if they come back as a skin (would never use them)

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

“Simplest and most efficient fix: Give us a toggle to hide or show hobo-sacks when we have a kit equipped. It’s probably an easy update, it is optional (so those who want to keep the hobo look can), and it will probably help sales for the new quaggan and charr backpacks.”

Pleasing everyone with the Option would’ve been a solution that everyone would’ve been happy with. Really not sure why they didn’t go that route.

You cannot simply “make a toggle” for utility skills visuals. When fighting an opponent, it is important that you have a consistent visual cue, so you know what is coming and how to counter it.

I am against completely ruining the ability to counter skills in a game. with multiple competitive game modes. over adding something that was overwhelmingly unpopular, as an option.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

You cannot simply “make a toggle” for utility skills visuals. When fighting an opponent, it is important that you have a consistent visual cue, so you know what is coming and how to counter it.

I am against completely ruining the ability to counter skills in a game. with multiple competitive game modes. over adding something that was overwhelmingly unpopular, as an option.

TBH as long as they have the new kit-weapon skin, it does not really matter if the backpiece is changing or not.. and dunno, most of the time I know which kit they are using only after the first skill, as seeing an asura’s hand with gw2’s visual combat AoE explosions spamfest…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

dancingmonkey.4902

Then perhaps the way to go, would be to make the old hobosacks for each skin, to be an in game back piece.

I understand that you may identify kits easily enough. I was simply regurgitating watching the arguments were from the competitive community as I ha e read and interpret, as well as agree with.

Bring back hobosacks!...

in Engineer

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

bomb kit animation disgust me. gone are the good old days when we wore backpacks to bomb enemies and heal allies.

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub