Bring back old rocket boots.

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

On the simple basis that they could get you out of a knockdown, and that jumping backwards is just as useful as forwards if you know when to retreat.
Honestly, why don’t these have anti-knockback anymore? Stop shoving red hot pokers up engineers gear end.

in Engineer

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

You are probably the only person Ive come across that doesn’t like the new Rocket Boots.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Yea, the stun breaker was removed from Rocket Boots. It now clears immobilize, cripple, and chill and provides one of the best escapes in the game. Not missing the old rocket boots at all.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Oxstar.7643

Oxstar.7643

Well, I liked having a reliable condition tool that could also get me out of a death situation. Maybe that’s just me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkaholic.3875

Alkaholic.3875

Absolutely not. Don’t listen to this guy Jon Peters…

in Engineer

Posted by: XVOV.9273

XVOV.9273

not to mention the reduced cooldown

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Too bad it’s still not re-enabled underwater, like they said they were going to look at doing back when they disabled it underwater.

But yeah, the new rocket boots is really good. It’s been getting a lot of use in sPvP and WvW since the update. Probably in PvE as well, although that’s a bit harder to judge, and usually isn’t as necessary so long as you’re blowing everything up.

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Yea, the stun breaker was removed from Rocket Boots. It now clears immobilize, cripple, and chill and provides one of the best escapes in the game. Not missing the old rocket boots at all.

The cripple, immobilize and chill clear was on there all along. They removed the stunbreak and aimed it forward. And if things dont botch up, it wont self-CC at the end anymore (but anyone that used it will know its animation bugs out from time to time).
They also cut the cooldown.

All in all it seems like a fair trade, but i still cannot understand why it isnt an Evade aswell. Getting CCd, crippled, immobilized, pulled while blasting away is just stupid. Getting immobilized just after the ability fires is essentially a self-Stun.

Why can a guy sidestepping a little bit considered an evade, but the guy blasting off is perfectly targetable and easy to hit.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

All in all it seems like a fair trade, but i still cannot understand why it isnt an Evade aswell. Getting CCd, crippled, immobilized, pulled while blasting away is just stupid. Getting immobilized just after the ability fires is essentially a self-Stun.

I don’t think there is a single leap skill that is also an evade.

Ride the Lightning, Savage Leap, Heartseeker, etc. etc. all work the same way. At least ours actually cures Immobilized, Crippled, and Chilled rather than be affected by it.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

The cripple, immobilize and chill clear was on there all along. They removed the stunbreak and aimed it forward. And if things dont botch up, it wont self-CC at the end anymore (but anyone that used it will know its animation bugs out from time to time).
They also cut the cooldown.

Eh, goes to show how much I used the old Rocket Boots. Not missing them…

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

We all miss the stun breaker, But not the self stun at the end of the stun breaker.

General consensus: The new Rocket Boots is better.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Engineer

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

The old rocket boots were horrible. The new ones are amazing.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in Engineer

Posted by: Monadproxy.3489

Monadproxy.3489

you guys also forgot that it completely ignores all enemy fields. You can get out of Elementalist’s lightning fields and Guardian’s “you will not pass” bs lines. Won’t get effected by fire/blind/etc on other fields if you rocket boots. not sure if intended or bug. but…:D

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

you guys also forgot that it completely ignores all enemy fields. You can get out of Elementalist’s lightning fields and Guardian’s “you will not pass” bs lines. Won’t get effected by fire/blind/etc on other fields if you rocket boots. not sure if intended or bug. but…:D

In case it is not intended, shhhh

in Engineer

Posted by: White Raven.4368

White Raven.4368

Flying off cliffs in WvW in those rocket boots are entertainment all by themselves.

Desolation [LOST]Lost in Socks Guild.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

the new Rocket Boots are absolutely brilliant. Really amazing for the usual kitey condi nade. Especially when running with someone fast like DD ele, both can disengage much more in the similar fashion with them.

[TA]

in Engineer

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

New rocket boots was one of the reasons I went with Engie as my #2. Mobility is fun for me, and this skill single-handedly makes the class fun for me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

the old rocket boots were better even if they did knock you down but the fact is they allowed you to escape anything and everything…

and dont for get the being knocked down sync with traits!

in Engineer

Posted by: VitalSuit.1980

VitalSuit.1980

I like the mobility of the new rocket boots but I miss having more stun breakers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I love my new rocket boots. If they took them away I’d have to go back to an elixir or something. Flying backwards onto my butt was never cool, even when it removed stun.

in Engineer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

To be fair, Elixir Gun Healing Mist is now a stunbreaker, which I <3 a lot more than losing it on Rocket Boots.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Engineer

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I respectfully disagree. Rocket Boots alone made me pick up my Engineer again. ._.

in Engineer

Posted by: Singer.8740

Singer.8740

engie meets ele in open field > fight goes bad for ele > ele rides the lightning to disengage > engie instantly closes the gap while laughing maniacally and puts a burny boot in there face.

engie being chased by angry mob > engie runs to cliff ledge > engie rocket boots off cliff to other side > engie turns around and magnets one of the baddies off the cliff for a cheap kill > /laugh

enough said :/

Etheeria (The mad bomber). If you don’t have shellshock your not doing it right.

in Engineer

ShadowPuppet.3746

engie meets ele in open field > fight goes bad for ele > ele rides the lightning to disengage > engie instantly closes the gap while laughing maniacally and puts a burny boot in there face.

engie being chased by angry mob > engie runs to cliff ledge > engie rocket boots off cliff to other side > engie turns around and magnets one of the baddies off the cliff for a cheap kill > /laugh

I suspect sooner or later they will remove the ability to “fly” with rb, rtl used to function the same way but it doesn’t anymore. Then again I don’t know if there are enough engies to get this noticed and put on the radar as being an issue or not. Personally I don’t think rtl should have been changed this way, and I certainly don’t want rb to go this route, but who knows what anet thinks about when they get to swinging their nerfhammer.

in Engineer

Posted by: mecra.5780

mecra.5780

On the simple basis that they could get you out of a knockdown, and that jumping backwards is just as useful as forwards if you know when to retreat.
Honestly, why don’t these have anti-knockback anymore? Stop shoving red hot pokers up engineers gear end.

Pardon my French, but “Eff No”. New RB SO much better than old.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

OP is proof that you can’t please everyone…

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

I suspect sooner or later they will remove the ability to “fly” with rb, rtl used to function the same way but it doesn’t anymore. Then again I don’t know if there are enough engies to get this noticed and put on the radar as being an issue or not. Personally I don’t think rtl should have been changed this way, and I certainly don’t want rb to go this route, but who knows what anet thinks about when they get to swinging their nerfhammer.

It isn’t flying. It’s like a leap. Warriors and guardians can leap from one cliff ledge to another as well. I don’t know if Ride the Lightning was ever intended to be a leap or not.

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

Posted by: Sobat.8650

Sobat.8650

I liked being able to use rocket boots while in free fall

in Engineer

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

I respectfully disagree. Rocket Boots alone made me pick up my Engineer again. ._.

^This plus aether armor had me re invest in this class. I literally had a 78 engineer I deleted in frustration. Rb is a great roaming tool and i like it how it is.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Engineer

ShadowPuppet.3746

It isn’t flying. It’s like a leap. Warriors and guardians can leap from one cliff ledge to another as well. I don’t know if Ride the Lightning was ever intended to be a leap or not.

I will just leave this here “Fly forward, damaging foes with your rocket exhaust.”

in Engineer

Chaba.5410

I wish I had a nickel for every tooltip that was either incorrect or missing information.

Chaba Tangnu

in Engineer

ShadowPuppet.3746

I wish I had a nickel for every tooltip that was either incorrect or missing information.

Thing is even in effect it’s not a leap, it doesn’t give a leap finisher but a blast. The reason I put “fly” in quotes is because of course it’s not actually flying, you are trying to make a case that it is a leap but there really is nothing leap like about it other than it has a similar result in creating distance.

in Engineer

Posted by: dunnberry.2964

dunnberry.2964

Don’t listen to OP, the new rocket boots are what they should have been and make engi more quirky like it should be

Borlis Pass
Asuran Engineer (Lost)

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Too bad it’s still not re-enabled underwater, like they said they were going to look at doing back when they disabled it underwater.

But yeah, the new rocket boots is really good. It’s been getting a lot of use in sPvP and WvW since the update. Probably in PvE as well, although that’s a bit harder to judge, and usually isn’t as necessary so long as you’re blowing everything up.

Love the new boots, my suggestion would be to have them underwater as well, with a slight renaming to Jet Flippers, or something like that.

You know, like the tool kit #2 underwater. But don’t give it away, let the noobies check it in game.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

in Engineer

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

New boots are way better. Don’t bring back old rocket boots.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native