Brothers and Sisters brace yourselves.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

First my enginner now my elementalist..??

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH i JUST WANNA SCREAM AND PUNCH ANET RIGHT IN THEIR FACE

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@MrAptronym

We have been nerfed many time since release for no reason, since we are still not part of the top tier classes.

Last nerf of 30% damage to our grenade to make up for sigil was over the board.

I can’t be optimist about it, since each time I read the patch note, I have been utterly disappointed.

If they nerf AoE damage, our class will be hit really hard, since 80% of our skills are AoE.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Engineer

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

I’m one of the very first engineers. Been playing one since BWE2. It was my first character created within seconds of the opening of head-start, and is one of only two 80s I have, with 700+ hours played. My other 80 is a thief, which I only created to better understand the class because for a while I was having so much trouble with them.

That all said, I’ve shelved the engineer, and only play the thief now, even though I love my engineer more.

I just don’t have it in me anymore to watch the engineer get gutted every single patch.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

in Engineer

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Well I’m going to need a good excuse to make me play an alt since I’m having so much fun with the engy, this may be it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Choops.3710

Choops.3710

I think those of us that have stuck with our Engineer this far aren’t going to be phased by anything else they do to us. We may be worse off than just about everyone, but we’ll handle whatever happens like we usually do, with resourcefulness, a lot of theorycrafting and just plain ol’ fun. Someone else pointed out it could be worse, we could be rangers, stuck being subpar but also, boring as hell to play lol

Pikachoops – Engineer, Fort Aspenwood

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

With the pet attack buffed (debugged), Hunter aren’t that subpart anymore. Traps ranger and Tank ranger have a really good potential in tPvP.

But I agree they are boring as hells. Especially using Bow. Autoattack all day long.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Engineer

Posted by: Rengaru.4730

Rengaru.4730

So uh, tell us which main attack we’re supposed to be using that’s not AoE, then?

Med Kit?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kyon.9735

Kyon.9735

Not even a single mention about engineers.

AN dev team is one of the kittentiest teams ever. Consistently buffing the popular warrior while neglecting the least played class which is the engineer. It’s been a month since that game-changing nerf for the engineers yet not a single comment was given by the devs.

I really hope that someone from Anet realizes that the engineer fan-base loathe them for turning a blind eye to us. Not only because we are the least played class means they can just neglect us.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

You know, I’ve got 6 slots all filled up with characters, but only two of them are lvled up to 80. Guess which ones?

The Engineer and Elementalist. Well, shoot.

Also, the ones that compare engies to rangers befuddles me. My eyes nearly popped out of my head when I first tried out the ranger in sPvP after having used my engie almost exclusively for several months before deciding to switch things up.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum

in Engineer

Posted by: illyume.9630

illyume.9630

So uh, tell us which main attack we’re supposed to be using that’s not AoE, then?

Med Kit?

I know you’re joking, but…

Nah, the attack on Med Kit (explosion from refined kits; still not sure why refined kits adds a bomb to your medkit) is PBAoE. Likely to be nerfed too, since it’s not technically a melee cleave :P

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Check dev tracker. They’re only nerfing specific overpowered aoe skills through a variety of means (such as radius) rather than a blanket nerf of AOE.

In the case of Engineer, there is a possibility Wrench will be buffed rather than bombs nerfed.

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

There are a few different knobs we can turn in regards to AoE some of the bigger ones being:
Radius of the AoE
Frequency of the AoE Damage
Damage of the AoE
Max Targets of the AoE
[…]
There may be some cases where players can build for AoE damage, but are just not viable or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build, and as such the other builds get left on the side lines. Its these classes/builds that we are concerned about.

Yeah reassuring… especially the “or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build”

I’m still bracing myself for my bomb/grenades nerf, but hey, at least they’re buffing elixir gun :/

in Engineer

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

Seems when it comes down to it pretty much the entire engineer community collectively has no faith in anet to actually do something right with our class anymore. Grenades I won’t use anymore, if they nerf my flamethrower at all I may have to just hang up not only my engi but the game as well.

in Engineer

Posted by: Revanought Lord.9532

Revanought Lord.9532

all we ever get is a nerf >.<
why do we never get buffed?

I was a flame thrower engi but the: miss miss miss was irratating and I found that I couldent kill anything
I tried a turrret build and it sucked badly

I settled on a grenade engi bcs it was the only decent dmg thing I could find and here comes another nerf storm >:(

STOP NERFING US ANET!!!!

Reaper Of Kane-(Former)Engineer Commander
“Evil flowers steadily bloom, with an array of bloodied doom”

in Engineer

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

There are a few different knobs we can turn in regards to AoE some of the bigger ones being:
Radius of the AoE
Frequency of the AoE Damage
Damage of the AoE
Max Targets of the AoE
[…]
There may be some cases where players can build for AoE damage, but are just not viable or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build, and as such the other builds get left on the side lines. Its these classes/builds that we are concerned about.

Yeah reassuring… especially the “or other cases where AoE is clearly the dominate way to build”

I’m still bracing myself for my bomb/grenades nerf, but hey, at least they’re buffing elixir gun :/

Yah that has me worried aswell. ANet hasnt inspired a lot of confidence with profession balance, especially not Engineer.

And we got a lot of AoE, heck pretty much everything we do is AoE in some form or another. And i fear ANet will just pass over and go “wuuuwie, look at all them people clearly speccing for aoe! Break out the nerf hammer Bob”

in Engineer

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

We DON’T know how the AOE nerf is going to work.

Until then people need to stop assuming that it’s going to be another nerf for engineer.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

We DON’T know how the AOE nerf is going to work.

Until then people need to stop assuming that it’s going to be another nerf for engineer.

Its not assuming. People are trying to predict where this is going to swing, and given the way things have gone so far its the safest bet to go with “not well”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

Just because we might not get nerfed through AoE doesn’t mean anet still won’t find a way to nerf us anyway. I still cry over the nerf of underwater rocket boots.

in Engineer

Posted by: Alarox.4590

Alarox.4590

They must have finally realized that it wasn’t the engineer grenades that were the problem, but AoE in general. Which means they are going to nerf AoE and unnerf the grenades, right, right?

They’ll double down on nerfing Grenades. They already forgot they nerfed them.

Alarox – Human Guardian
Rampage Wilson – Charr Engineer
Sea of Sorrows

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Just wanted to let you guys know that we’re reading this thread.

Your logic, reasons, anecdotes and ideas are being listened to. Also keep in mind, that as I said yesterday, a skill can be a balance problem in one area of the game, but underpowered in another. That’s the nature of using one set of #‘s to balance across all areas of the game. So we’re keeping that in mind as we look at this. We may need to do different tweaks in different areas of the game.

We’re also not going to make a knee jerk reaction to this. We’re still gathering data, watching player trends, and having meetings on all possible ramifications from possible changes.

thank you for the answer, it calmed me down. If you think there’s a problem with AoE in WvW, nerf it in WvW, but not PVE, because nerfing AoE in PVE when some classes already have problems would effectively kill off engineers and staff builds of mesmer, elementalist and necromancer.

No prob. Some classes have a ton of AOE, while others don’t have as much. So we’re not just going to do a blanket nerf to all AOE – that’s not fair to all classes. We’ll go on a class by class, weapon by weapon basis.

And as I’ve said, we may need to tone something down in one area of the game, but it may be totally fine in another area.

For some weapon sets, the AOE options may be too strong compared to the single target options, which is what we aim to address.

Better than no consideration? I really hope they buff our main-hand weapons and leave our grenades and bombs alone.

in Engineer

Terrahero.9358

Just wanted to let you guys know that we’re reading this thread.

Your logic, reasons, anecdotes and ideas are being listened to. Also keep in mind, that as I said yesterday, a skill can be a balance problem in one area of the game, but underpowered in another. That’s the nature of using one set of #‘s to balance across all areas of the game. So we’re keeping that in mind as we look at this. We may need to do different tweaks in different areas of the game.

We’re also not going to make a knee jerk reaction to this. We’re still gathering data, watching player trends, and having meetings on all possible ramifications from possible changes.

thank you for the answer, it calmed me down. If you think there’s a problem with AoE in WvW, nerf it in WvW, but not PVE, because nerfing AoE in PVE when some classes already have problems would effectively kill off engineers and staff builds of mesmer, elementalist and necromancer.

No prob. Some classes have a ton of AOE, while others don’t have as much. So we’re not just going to do a blanket nerf to all AOE – that’s not fair to all classes. We’ll go on a class by class, weapon by weapon basis.

And as I’ve said, we may need to tone something down in one area of the game, but it may be totally fine in another area.

For some weapon sets, the AOE options may be too strong compared to the single target options, which is what we aim to address.

Better than no consideration? I really hope they buff our main-hand weapons and leave our grenades and bombs alone.

Our mainhand weapons are mostly AoE aswell. Piercing shots, exploding shots, chaining shots, conal aoes, ground aoes.
For the sake of fun, make a list of the damage abilities you have as an Engineer. You’ll quickly realize that the vast majority is capable of hitting several targets.