Buff Magnet Pull

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

I just thought what if Magnet had a stun effect for 1-2 sec (Ok, fine. “3 seconds”),
and would pull the guy exactly right next to your nose, (not just tripping them over a few distance away from where they were standing)
so I can prybar him into the face before he could even realize what was happening
and decide to dodge/invul/invi?

Then with my remaining 2 seconds (Ok, fine. “remaining 3 seconds ’cause of sigil of paralyzation”)
I’ll shower him with some nades, wrench and surprise shot while proccing SD.

Ah, an engineer can dream, can’t he?

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

It does actually pull your target right up to your nose as I combo it with Prybar every time. However, it sometimes bugs out and barely pulls the target.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: yanchoy.9176

yanchoy.9176

That’s exactly one of my concerns with this skill.
Yes, there are times when it closes the gap as intended, but most of the time it just won’t.
Making you look stupid when you pop prybar while they are still a few feet away. :/

/Snow white and the 7 dwarfs and their wives

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

I haven’t encountered that very often. 7/10 it works for me I’d say.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

It’s all about terrain, you if pull them on hills or uneven ground, cause the pulled player to get "stucked" and not be pulled the full distance, you can advoid this by choosing wisely on which terrain you’re pulling or jumping as you pull.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

Usually a stun lights up the side of the screen (visual cue) and prompts a reflex stun break into protective measures…
You can Magnet into Slick Shoes for the knockdown so you can spam grenades on the floor next to him + Blowtorch, and setup for Glue Shot or Elite Supplies… that is if he hasn’t used his CDs to stunbreak/CC you/Blink away from the combo.
You can also Toss Elixir S to ensure you can’t be interrupted/can’t be seen (works 50% of the time…) while casting Magnet…

Engineer already has enough CC as is, lol. Strap on all the control you have and your opponent, lacking stability will be spending 10+ seconds blinded or on the floor… Magnet doesn’t need a buff…

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Doesn’t even work on warriors with a certain stability trait…procs it automatically.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Forestnator.6298

Forestnator.6298

Magnet pull aims on enemie boots imo. Important note for your choice of terrain.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I haven’t encountered that very often. 7/10 it works for me I’d say.

Yeah 7/10 is about right for me too. I’m sure it’s a pathing issue, and it’s probably also intended, forcing us to be more aware of positioning and the terrain involved. FWIW I would love the stun idea but could you imagine the screams of “NERF” if it happened!?!

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

I think the magnet is more than fine lol , u guys do realise u dont need LOS to magnet right? lmao

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

Magnet pull is fine, only adjustment I’d be happy with is if it targeted a little higher, or popped the target up a speck and then rapidly pulled to avoid the terrain issue.

“u guys do realise u dont need LOS to magnet right? lmao”

…Not trying to derail the thread but, is there any targeted skill that requires LoS upon initiating cast?

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Kalan.9705

Kalan.9705

Would be nice if magnet had a half second cast time like thief’s scorpion wire, instead of the rather impractical 1 and a quarter seconds.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I think the magnet is more than fine lol , u guys do realise u dont need LOS to magnet right? lmao

Then why do we get the “obstructed” message when our target is out of LoS?

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

i’m surprised no one mentioned it. magnet is unblockable

Well it would be weird if some one raised a metal shield and blocked a magnetic effect lol.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Would be nice if magnet had a half second cast time like thief’s scorpion wire, instead of the rather impractical 1 and a quarter seconds.

Scorpion wire is 1 skill worth 1 unity while magnetic is part of a kit (5 skills), also Magnetic has a shorter cool down and takes about the same time to pull someone; while it has a longer cast time, but it also has no fly time like scorpion wire. magnetic is also unblockable and doesn’t even need you to face the target.

Magnetic is way better

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Scorpion wire is 1 skill worth 1 unity while magnetic is part of a kit (5 skills), also Magnetic has a shorter cool down and takes about the same time to pull someone; while it has a longer cast time, but it also has no fly time like scorpion wire. magnetic is also unblockable and doesn’t even need you to face the target.

Magnetic is way better

I would love it it scorpion wire was remotely as good as magnet pull. Half the time scorpion pull just doesnt work.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Marc of Shadow.1083

Marc of Shadow.1083

Magnetic is way better

The CD of Scorpion Wire is 20 sec and that of Magnet is 25 sec

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

Mangetic – is ok.

Please Anet make skills 1 and 3 in tool kit be available to hit at least 5 for skill 1 and 2-3 people for skill 3 in front of u. Skill 1 is very slow, but tool kit must become the best engis melee., what he don’t have for know, except flamethrower with it’s not big range and bombs with a too big delay.

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

Not sure if anyone else is noticing this, but since the 6/25 update, the magnet pull physics occasionally launch my enemies into the air during the pull if I drag them over some types of uneven terrain. It’s pretty comical…wish they took fall damage from the drop…

Anyways! I just figured I’d toss my 2 cents in since I’ve been making a habit of doing that lately. But when it comes to Magnet, I wouldn’t touch it. The range is great, the unblock-ability is phenomenal, and the wind up time can be well predicted/timed for coming around a corner on someone or just plain showing up when they don’t expect it…like after you Rocket Boots off a smoke field! (you have no idea how satisfied I am with Rocket Boots). All in all a pretty solid skill with some environmentally related bugs that should be worked on for all pulls/knock-backs/blowouts.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Yeah thats been happening since like uhm forever.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Buff Magnet Pull

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Does it need a buff? Eh. I don’t think so. It is very useful for getting those pesky ledgers in in maps like forest. You magnet pull and as a famous engi once said. “You pry bar dem in the face”

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer