Buff Med Kit!

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: guildabd.6529

guildabd.6529

Med kit has been long enough in its crappy state.
Not a single engi takes seriously.
Its been said here in forums for a millionth time.
Please take your time to buff it before 18th, for real.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Hehe, since we use kits already in everything in pve, better get a buff kit so we have a full kit build :P

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Alright, it’s one thing to call for a Med-Kit buff but it’s even better to give suggestions as to what you’d like to see. So here are my ideas for replacement skills on the Med-kit;

STEP 1: Make all Med-kit skills, cooldown abilities. No auto attack, no spammable attack, just useful abilities that make sense for someone who carries a med-pack and is an engineer in the crazy world that is Tyria.

SKILL 1: Explosive Elixir Dart
Elixir. Cast Time: half a second. Recharge: 20s
Fire an explosive dart at the target location that heals allies when it explodes. If they are downed, heal them for 5% health (increased by 2% per 70 healing power). Water Field: lasts for 2s.

SKILL 2: Rescue Acceleration Device:
Cast Time: Half a second. Recharge 30s
Leap to target location (600 range) and gain 5s of super speed. If an ally is downed near you, also gain 10s of protection, regeneration and 15% increased revive speed. Leap Finisher.

SKILL 3: Covert Rescue Apparatus:
Cast Time: Instant. Recharge: 35s
Apply 2s stealth to you and 3 other nearby allies.

SKILL 4: Cleansing Blast
Cast time: Half a second. Recharge: 35s
Throw a grenade at a target location that removes 3 conditions from you and allies within a 600 radius. Blast Finisher.

SKILL 5: First Aid Packs
Cast Time: 3 quarters of a second. Recharge: 40s
Throw 3 medpacks at the target location.

or

SKILL 5: Quarantine Perimeter
Cast Time: 3 quarters of a second. Recharge: 40s
Create an area at the target location that enemies cannot enter. Unblockable

WHY THESE SKILLS?
If we ask ourselves, when it comes to healing classes, what are their strongest qualities, you’ll see that most of these classes have several things in common;
1- Their ability to disengage (Eles and Rangers have incredible abilities when it comes to running away)
2- Their ability to pull off difficult rezzes (Teleport Rezzes on Rangers, Invuln Rezzes on Eles)
3- Their ability to save someone even when they are getting stomped already. (Stealth Rez Druids, Engies, Mesmers etc)
4- They themselves have incredible sustain and the ability to pull off combos by themselves.
5- Area Denial. Being able to deny access to an area can guarantee resurrects. Or just downright save people from death in the first place.

That’s what this skill set aims to copy without getting too crazy with the heals and the rezzes. That said though, with Explosive Invigoration and a rez gyro on a downed body, that could be a rez that doesn’t need anyone to get close to the downed body which would make for a very interesting meta.

THINK OF THE COMBO POSSIBILITIES!
The Engie is a utilitarian profession. Without the ability to use a particular tool multifaceted-ly, it loses a lot of the things that define the class. This rule obviously doesn’t have to be obeyed all the time but it really makes the engie shine when it is obeyed.
The above skills will not only be used for landing rezzes but also for the utility the skills will have outside of healing and rezzing people.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hehe, since we use kits already in everything in pve, better get a buff kit so we have a full kit build :P

IMO it should be a ‘support’ heal option. Now that’s a bit hard with how well healing turret and honestly even gyro does at spreading some heals, but if we camp the 0 damage med kit we should be able to play a decent healing role with a healing build. Right now that’s not the case.

IMO what it needs is a few things. First it needs a large group heal, something comparable to Lunar Impact or Geyser, but stressing it needs to be a group heal, not a heal affecting the engi himself. Then it needs a water field, that’s support that dropping our other options can’t be made up with just plain heals. Then some medium level group heals, again group not engi.

I stress group because again this should be the support heal option, not the personal heal option. Healing turret is more than good enough as a personal heal, and probably a bit too strong considering it’s not only awesome for us but also spreads worthwhile amounts of healing to the group.

If I could design it I’d do something like this:
5 skill = Mist field, 4s duration water field that applies regen. On a ~15-20s reuse
4skill = Large group heal, ideally range capable but only heals allies not self on a ~15s reuse
3skill = medum elixir heals on a 8-10s reuse, smallish radius but solid range.
2skill = multiple med packs
1skill = same but add some form of damage, or rebuild into something with better range and more control.

I’d also make these reliant on healing power stat, so playing the support while being full damage isn’t really possible, but helping would be. If you built for support though you could play a quality healing role at least near the level of a healing Ele, but again without the personal sustain matching.

With all this I’d probably still run healing turret usually, or gyro when I currently run gyro, but I’d have the option to help the healer or play the healer role. Right now we can basically be an Ele without any of it’s burst healing through Super Elixir and Elixir Shell regens and some traits, but that’s just not good enough.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

Skills 2 3 4 5 really sucks because those are 1. throwables 2. for a single user
If not throwable, we could at least use med kit for ourself. And maybe a trait to up those four skills for 5 targets in a 360 range. Also, skill 1 should make few damages, and maybe heal ourself, or have a bigger effect with an higher CD, or heal two times more. Thank you Santa Clause.

(edited by NineLives.8725)

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

I’d really like to see the autoattack removed and the trait reworked into something that doesn’t promote camping the kit all the time. I don’t think ‘press 1 constantly for healz’ is even remotely healthy for the game, and I feel like it promotes ignoring 99% of the interesting stuff in the combat system. I’d also like to see the projectile velocity on the thrown skills increased, as well as making the efects of them AoE in a larger radius, and maybe an increase in their pickup radius as well. The f1 self heal feels pretty bland at the moment, and I wouldn’t mind seeing the heal amount cut down and some additional effects added in to give it more flavor and direction to the kit. Maybe additional condi defense through removals or short duration resistance, or an allied heal component instead?

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

Skills 2 3 4 5 really sucks because those are 1. throwables 2. for a single user
If not throwable, we could at least use med kit for ourself. And maybe a trait to up those four skills for 5 targets in a 360 range. Also, skill 1 should make few damages, and maybe heal ourself, or have a bigger effect with an higher CD, or heal two times more. Thank you Santa Clause.

I actually find 4 decent enough for when you dont want to run streamlined kits, you jsut have to throw it when you need the swiftness, but i agree with the rest of the skills, a very irrelevant resistance, a fury with long cast, and a med kit who doesnt really helps with the healing.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: LilBiM.3581

LilBiM.3581

What are you saying?! Camping Staff AA on a certain class promotes camping and is a better heal because it has 1200 range, can’t be reflected, heals a number of targets AND does damage?! Med Kit #1 is hardly an offender in comparison to some other things currently happening in the game.

Med Kit AA requires you to stand in proximity to what you want to heal and does 0 dmg but if Med Kit AA was 25%-50% as good as the aforementioned Staff AA, Med Kit would be nice-r.

Traits such as Stimulant Supplier could be changed a bit: Bandages/Packs of all styles and fashions (those offered by med kit skills 2-5, bunker down, Bandage Self, etc) apply Regen for 5s, Fury for 4s and 1 stack of Might for 5s to 5 targets within 240 range, 6s ICD. Whenever you break stun you consume a Throw Antidote, 20s ICD.

That could make Med Kit more interesting eh? A 600 range AA that does a little damage (120 base dmg, can crit) every 0.65 of a second, pierces and heals a bit. Bandages that when traited offer your team some actual support with Med Kit and a bit of synergy across trait lines and such. Only players who collect the bandages get the condition cleanse + main effect of the bandage, everyone else (4 targets) as well as the original person gain the might+fury+regen.

(edited by LilBiM.3581)

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Going with what Dirame said on suggestions rather than buffing mediocre skills, I’d like to see Med Kit’s 2-5 done in more interesting ways to mix things up while keeping some of the current aspects that (I think) are unique.

2) Healing Beacon: Fire a beacon into a foe that heals nearby allies for two pulses, then detonates, granting Regeneration (4s) and removes a damaging condition.
(600 range,180 radius)

3) Stimulant Field: Dispense a water field (3s) that heals allies, grants Fury (6s), and removes a debilitating condition (weakness, blind, vulnerability) on impact.
(600 range, 240 radius)

4) Acceleration Wave: Send out a cone of energy that heals allies, grants Swiftness (8s), and removes a movement-impending condition (cripple, chill, immobilize). (600 range)

5) Antidote Spray: Release a mist around yourself that heals you and nearby allies, grants Resistance (2s), and removes a controlling condition (taunt, fear, slow).
(300 radius, instant cast)

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mighty Favazz.1546

Mighty Favazz.1546

I like Dirames’ ideas, but would also like to see some strong single target utilities too. I would love to see some skills that focus on reviving or burst healing single targets. I think it would fit within pvp and wvw.
Would also like to see some toughness gain while in kit.
In addition, I dislike that engi really can’t fill support with all of the tools available to them, especially when there is a kit DEDICATED to support. The traited elixir gun is better at support than the med kit.
I hope we could at least get some number tweaks for Medkit for this balance pass.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

Going with what Dirame said on suggestions rather than buffing mediocre skills, I’d like to see Med Kit’s 2-5 done in more interesting ways to mix things up while keeping some of the current aspects that (I think) are unique.

2) Healing Beacon: Fire a beacon into a foe that heals nearby allies for two pulses, then detonates, granting Regeneration (4s) and removes a damaging condition.
(600 range,180 radius)

3) Stimulant Field: Dispense a water field (3s) that heals allies, grants Fury (6s), and removes a debilitating condition (weakness, blind, vulnerability) on impact.
(600 range, 240 radius)

4) Acceleration Wave: Send out a cone of energy that heals allies, grants Swiftness (8s), and removes a movement-impending condition (cripple, chill, immobilize). (600 range)

5) Antidote Spray: Release a mist around yourself that heals you and nearby allies, grants Resistance (2s), and removes a controlling condition (taunt, fear, slow).
(300 radius, instant cast)

I like the creativity of these ideas but I personally would combine 3 and 4 into 5. Antidote Spray: Release a mist around yourself that heals you and nearby allies whilst converting any conditions you gain into boons. 5s duration, pulses every second.

The reason is, the current medkit already suffers from a similar problem of having to press 3 buttons to do the thing that 1 button would do (Elixir C can cleanse all conditions on you). So if Medkit wants to compete, it has to do a similar thing but scaled down and with additional utility.

I think I’m going to put this post on reddit so that there’s more attention drawn to it.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Since the previous previous thread got lost (with the previous one and the previous previous previous one), I will quote myself on this one :

My rather simple suggestions:

1. Med Blaster: Turn it to a channel version of what it is, with 5 pulses, affecting 5 target, the last pulse granting 2 sec of regen on the affected allies (something like FT auto, or fumigate, the regen helping for the additional healing per boon).
2. Overcharge Blaster: Throw a ball of curing and condition clearing chemicals in front of you (like Guard staff2 but with smaller range)

Skills 3-4-5 : Keep their functionality but make them work like a “throw elixir” skill with a radius of 180, affecting 5 people. Maybe the CD should be somehow increased. There is also the possibility to make them elixirs but then HGH will become 1 stack of might… so better keep them non elixirs

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/57xy89/suggestions_improving_the_engineers_medkit/

Please upvote it. I don’t know why anyone would downvote a discussion about improving any weak ability for any class but my goodness, the GW2 reddit boggles my mind.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

/r/guildwars2 downvotes everything. You can post something there and get downvoted to -10 in minutes, then turn around and post the same thread 6 hours later and end up at +200.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Ivantreil.3092

I would suggest make our skill 1 a non aa, and a burst heal, sprayed like flamethrower aa, or elixir gun 3, let the chill heal you

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

I don’t know why anyone would downvote a discussion about improving any weak ability for any class but my goodness, the GW2 reddit boggles my mind.

I think the reason is that there is such a discussion at least once a week on the same subject. While most people just see the last 24 hours discussion on reddit so that you cannot bump a discussion, I think many people just downvote because they have the impression that it is again the same thread…
This kind of long term feedback threads are much more suited for the forum than reddit. I know people think the devs are more on reddit than the forum but it is not true.

Buff Med Kit!

in Engineer

Dirame.8521

I don’t know why anyone would downvote a discussion about improving any weak ability for any class but my goodness, the GW2 reddit boggles my mind.

I think the reason is that there is such a discussion at least once a week on the same subject. While most people just see the last 24 hours discussion on reddit so that you cannot bump a discussion, I think many people just downvote because they have the impression that it is again the same thread…
This kind of long term feedback threads are much more suited for the forum than reddit. I know people think the devs are more on reddit than the forum but it is not true.

There’s a discussion at least once a week on which subject? because I checked and no one has talked about Medkits in any substantial way, in the past year! The only thing I could find was “Why does medkit increase revive speed?” but yea, getting off topic now. I’m just going to assume that reddit is a wildfire that has a mind for only a few things.