Buff Request: Incendiary Powder

in Engineer

Posted by: Zevix.1479

Zevix.1479

For a Grandmaster with a 10s ICD, Incendiary seems a bit lack luster. So I propose that instead of your critical hits get 2 stacks of burning every 10 seconds, that you gain the buff Incendiary Ammo, the Flamethrower tool belt skill, so that your next three attacks gain burning.

in Engineer

Posted by: ANort.1425

ANort.1425

A more reasonable buff for it would be to add an “increased damage dealt to burning enemies” factor to it to make it an alternative to Modified Ammunition for power builds. Something like +5% damage, or +10% if they buffed Modified Ammunition as well(since that’d be the same damage bonus as the enemy having 5 conditions). Making it deal more burn stacks isn’t a good idea, at least until Anet figures out what they’re gonna do to burn damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

Our burning access really doesn’t need buffing. If anything, I think it needs to be toned down.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

+1 IF they actually balance the burning dmg.
I currently deal way more dmg than I feel comfortable with in my burning builds, so I highly recommend nerfing the overall burning formula.
In the current IP iteration, that would make the trait even more lackluster, but changing it into a IA proc, will keep this trait useful after the nerf for burning has hit.

Still, if the cd for that trait were to stay 10sec, the duration of the burning must be reduced drastically, since IA is currently a 24k burn. having 24k dmg (or judt 15k – 20k after the nerf) on a 10sec cd is way too powerful. It should never be able to deal more than 10k in total, else it’s OP beyond justification (especially since you’d not need to slot FT for it anymore)…

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

The Burning is already quite insane, and it would be borderline hypocrisy to ask that these conditions become that available and convenient no matter what kit you pick.

I miss Modified Ammunition, on the other hand.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Zevix.1479

This isn’t really about how powerful burning is, its that this trait in itself is pretty weak for being in a grandmaster.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

This isn’t really about how powerful burning is, its that this trait in itself is pretty weak for being in a grandmaster.

Dunno how you think it is weak. Mine stacks almost 6k burning damage. I hardly consider that much damage per target, every 10s as weak.

in Engineer

Zevix.1479

Dunno how you think it is weak. Mine stacks almost 6k burning damage. I hardly consider that much damage per target, every 10s as weak.

But its nothing really to write home about. There is nothing remarkable about the current burn application that it gives. There are plenty of skills that can burn. The burn duration is nice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

IP is really strong. On my FT build, I’m constantly switching between this and Juggernaut. The fact that it’s a viable alternative is a good indication that this trait is in a good place. A lot of other GM traits would need more love.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

IP is really strong! It is not the issue when it comes to condi builds being weak! Buffing it would be foolish!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Not to mention, a large portion of the community finds it difficult to support buffing passive skills. As I see it, the provlem lands in the area of having lost a lot of options by traits no longer being accessible, that were said to become baseline.

in Engineer

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

I think the trait is perfectly fine, but its need to be back in explosives so cele rifle builds can function similarly to how they did before.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..