Buff the under-used

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

There has been alot of talk about buffs for alot of things: Bombs, nades, whatever. But there are a lot of things that see very little to no use currently, basicly halving our usable skills.

Maybe make med kit usable? Maybe make gadgets usable?

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Turrets, gadgets, medkit, shield, rifle, certain traits, gyros’ AI. We are asking for those things to be rebalanced/remade to match current standards for a looong time.

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Turrets, gadgets, medkit, shield, rifle, certain traits, gyros’ AI. We are asking for those things to be rebalanced/remade to match current standards for a looong time.

Things like this is whats holding me back from returning to the game. I logged in the game after half a year today, just to see barely anything changed. Very little effective build diversity.
The class philosophy is to be able to furfil every role with every class but with a unique style. However in practice this is just not true. I mean, it’s logic that certain builds are better than others, but the gap is just too big.

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

Things like this is whats holding me back from returning to the game. I logged in the game after half a year today, just to see barely anything changed. Very little effective build diversity.
The class philosophy is to be able to furfil every role with every class but with a unique style. However in practice this is just not true. I mean, it’s logic that certain builds are better than others, but the gap is just too big.

There’s a tiny bit of hope now – with the end of Pvp season, there always comes a balance patch. Make sure to take a peek every couple of days.

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Honestly, it all few pointless.

The community here makes tons of great suggestions, analyses and requests.
It all gets ignored.

So many posts and comments on how to improve riffle and why. We got the dmg from jump shot moved around from jump to land.

When Scrapper was released, Devs said that they would improve the Function Gyro to be of use (in PvE), it was released incomplete. All we got was nerfs to other gyros to the point that gyros are in general useless in PvE.

I really don’t see the point anymore of posting here if it doesnt get any attention at all from devs…

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Same story here, I basically just look if there is any information about the next expansion and elite spec. That is the only way I can imagine how this game can be interesting for me again.

But if engineer gets the same “love” like the first round of elite specs….
We got no real class mechanic.
People said the minor traits were lack luster because engineer doesn’t really have many stuns and dazes outside of scrapper to benefit from them and somehow Anet interpreted that as “let’s just remove 6 dazes from scrapper, purity of purpose!”

I mean we have a trait giving weakness and vulnerability if we stun or daze an enemy and it had synergy with gyros because their explosion had a daze. Now there is no synergy left….

Anet really disappointed me with the elite spec and if the next one is not providing something meaningful and fun, I will totally give up this game. Engineer was the only class I really enjoyed thematically and it is just sad seeing that there is no love for this class at all.

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Same story here, I basically just look if there is any information about the next expansion and elite spec. That is the only way I can imagine how this game can be interesting for me again.

But if engineer gets the same “love” like the first round of elite specs….
We got no real class mechanic.
People said the minor traits were lack luster because engineer doesn’t really have many stuns and dazes outside of scrapper to benefit from them and somehow Anet interpreted that as “let’s just remove 6 dazes from scrapper, purity of purpose!”

I mean we have a trait giving weakness and vulnerability if we stun or daze an enemy and it had synergy with gyros because their explosion had a daze. Now there is no synergy left….

Anet really disappointed me with the elite spec and if the next one is not providing something meaningful and fun, I will totally give up this game. Engineer was the only class I really enjoyed thematically and it is just sad seeing that there is no love for this class at all.

Oh we do have a class mechanic, kits are our class mechanic, insta swap to a new set of skills is something no other class can do, the toolbelt extra skill depending of what you have in your build its just an extra, and sometimes a questionable extra when the toolbelt is more powerful than the main utility. (EG: Elixir R, trash utility, but if its taken it surely is because that engi wants his revive toolbelt, not the gimmicky refresh dodge.)

Someone sugested to scrap our toolbelt and make kits our new class mechanic, wich at this point, kits are a big signature of us and i would totally would be ok with such change imo, if anything, i think this change would rise our complexity and our meta position for good, and a lot.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

FYI, the devs are doing a Reddit AMA right now if anyone wants to direct their attention away from the fluff (lord faren…) and toward the things that matter.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/5svug8/the_head_of_the_snake_devs_here_ask_us_anything/

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Relevant response here:

Balance dev here! I can’t give specifics, but we’ll be introducing a few different changes in the next update that we hope will address some of the engineer concerns with the core specializations and general pve viability. We’ll be seeing you soon! -Karl

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Yes, the will be a few changes… like toolkit #2 damage increase 5% and that’s it.

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

So, we got an answer and probably will recieve a buff regarding our position in pve, if anything, i hope they buff us in stuff we dont do like bringing buffs, protection, etc, or make our fields access relevant? because we have damage already.

But in reality i think what will happen is that our dps will be made easier by buffing some gadget damage to the sky.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

Buff the under-used

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Oh we do have a class mechanic, kits are our class mechanic, insta swap to a new set of skills is something no other class can do […]

Not exactly true…. Elementalists can insta swap to a new set of skills, too.
Anyway, I didn’t mean that engineer doesn’t have any class mechanic. I was talking about the class mechanic change for elite specs.

Other classes got stuff like additional (and customizable) dodges, overloads, new set of burst skills, completely reworked shroud….
What did engineer get? A stomping/rezzing gyro… which as almost no use in PvE since you don’t really stomp there and you don’t expect your allies to go down. They said that this gyro isn’t the final form and that they will look into improving it…. they never did.

Like I said, I just hope that our next elite spec is a bit more thought through. I always got the feeling that they rushed the scrapper in the last left minutes.