[Build] FT/EG condition damage

in Engineer

Posted by: Cyclohexane.5810

Cyclohexane.5810

Coucou everyone

This is a build I am currently playing and that I really enjoy at the time, since I hate nades & bombs gameplay I tried to find something else.

This build is PvE DPS oriented, but allows you to provide extra support for your group.
It is separated in 2 parts: Flame-Thrower and Elixir Gun.

I am sorry for the spelling mistakes that you will see, this is not my native language.

Flame-Thrower
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelspSXHwSrF17ICoH11dNiiU8YN2HFzHbB-jwCBYhChUFA00gEGIpQFRjtgRIq8RjVzATHjIq2ImIq2HATKgyUWB-e

Elixir-gun
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqalspSXHwyuF17ICoH1FgNiiU8YN2HFzHbB-jwCBYhChUFA00gEGIpQFRjtgRIq8RjVzATHjIq2ImIq2HATKgyUWB-e

There are few differences between the two of them but I think those are important.

Skills:

Heal:

-Elixir H is a good personal heal, it has a reduced cooldown thanks to the “Fast-Acting Elixirs” trait. It allows you to buff yourself and to buff your group.

-Healing Tower: this is only useful when there is no healer in your group and it is up to you to maintain everyone alive. Of course it is not optimized in this build but brings a good global support. If you don’t have to be a healer forget it and go back to Elixir H.

Utility skills

-Elixir B: Must-have, very good self buffing, some support with toss.

-Elixir C: The only way you have to decurse yourself (except for the combos), very useful.

-FT or Egun: this build beeing based on those two there is no need to write a novel about this choice. Do not use the two at the same time, it will get an elixir away from you and there is a slight trait difference depending on which weapon we are using.

Elite

Supply Crate: do we really have the choice? This elite skill kittenitude level is over 9000.

Weapons Choice

Main Hand:
-Pistol, this is a condition build, using a shotgun rifle would be very inappropriate.

Off Hand:
-Pistol (Egun only), for more burning (the 4 skill is really painful) and gives some crowd control (but not so much). This is for pure DPS with an Egun (yes it is weird to write DPS and Egun so close).
-Shield (Egun and FT), gives you wonderful defensive skills, you will lose some burning if you use the Egun. Essential with FT because adds a lot of survivability and moreover, with his Belt Skill plus the “natural” burning, using a offhand pistol is pretty much useless. Moreover you will have a kitten Captain America kitten style while throwing your shield in the jaws of your enemy.

Traits

20/30/0/20/0
Explosives:
-Since December 10th update, Incendiary Powder a been moved to master rank, it remains an excellent DPS trait, so we go get him (really!), it assure you to perma burn your foes.
-Empowering Adrenaline OR Exploit Weakness, depending on what you like the most, thats the only thing I don’t like in this build, this trait is just here because we need to go to master…

Firearms:
-The build being FT or Egun based, Fireforged Trigger is pretty cool.
-Modified Ammunition has been changed, it now affects all weapons! This is awesome! You can easily count on a +8% damage when you are alone and go go much higher when in group.
-Precise Sight (Egun): allows a good vulnerability stacking, this is good for you and your entire group.
-Juggernaut (FT): +200 toughness to take more and more punches in the face and 6 power buff constantly.

Elixirs
-Fast Acting Elixirs: You always use your elixirs, this trait is non negotiable I think.
-Deadly Mixture: +15% damage with FT and Egun, I’m not going to spell it out for you.

“En tous cas on peut dire que le soviet éponge”
-Hubert Bonisseur de la Bath

(edited by Cyclohexane.5810)

in Engineer

Cyclohexane.5810

Stuff

I am on a Carrion/Rabid mix. Full rabid is ok but you will end up hitting like a drunk oyster, crits are good but without damage bonus it is less effective. With this mix you will be around 42% CC which is more than enough to have your CC procs.

Trinkets/Weapons: Rabid
Armor: Carrion

Runes:
-3 Afflicted runes
-3 Krait runes

This gives a +30% bleeding duration and you are puting a lot of them. Thanks to it you will increase your condition damage as well, allowing you to have 800 burning tics and 850 bleeding tics, with both Egun and FT (easier to maintain with the FT). It is also possible to have a 3 runes mix with the Superior Rune of Lyssa, it will give you +10% condition duration but you will lose condition damage! there is still some tests to run here.

Sigils
-Earth Sigil for more bleedings.
-Sigil of Malice, because you will put a lot of different conditions on your enemy, not only bleedings or burning, and +6% duration for ALL your conditions is awesome!

Food/Cristal
Peach Pie: because it is really cheap and really helps to stay alive and take retaliations in the face while using the FT.
Toxic Focusing cristal for more condition damage and duration!

Conclusion

Tou have to choose between one weapon or the other depending on the situation. The two kits provide approximately the same condition damage (the damage mix will be different but the result will be the same) but the FT have more important direct damages and have an amazing zoning potential. But the Egun will be more suited for groups that needs support: you will cause vulnerabilities, decurse your friends and heal them with a light field. You will loose some DPS but the support plus the mobility thanks to the Acid Bomb is great. Nevertheless if no one needs you to support just go burn everything with your kitten Flame-Thrower!

It is important to avoid using the Pistol auto-attack, FT and Egun are much better for it and we have no cooldown for switching, let’s use that!

NO offhand pistol with FT, it will be really useless, adding a burn on a mob that is already perma burn is a nonsense.

I haven’t seen FT/EG condition damage builds lately and while it is certainly less dps friendly than bombs and nades, it is a pleasure to play it and your group will really appreciate this flexibility you will have.

I am ready to answer any questions and to consider every constructive remarks about this build. I hope you will have a good time with it.

(http://intothemists.com/guides/2291-fteg_supportconditions)

in Engineer

Cyclohexane.5810

<Réservé on sait jamais>

in Engineer

Cyclohexane.5810

<Réservé on sait jamais>

in Engineer

Posted by: Cribbage.2056

Cribbage.2056

I have never seen a build where I would rather have Elixir H than either healing kit or healing turret, and yours are no exception.

in Engineer

Posted by: Tyaen.5148

Tyaen.5148

I have never seen a build where I would rather have Elixir H than either healing kit or healing turret, and yours are no exception.

Then you’ve never played an HgH build.

Tyyaen – Engineer (80) [SS]
http://camelotunchained.com/v3/

in Engineer

Posted by: meecrob.1576

meecrob.1576

Your build is not very good at all.

+damage % traits are a total waste for condition builds. You should focus more on Might than +damage%.
Rampagers would be leaps and bounds better for PvE than Rabid.
20 points to get Incendiary Powder for a FT build is a total waste. You have 2 burns already just by using FT.
I could go on, but it’s not worth the time.

Honestly, you can throw EG into any build and call it “support”.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

We’re talking condition damage?
in PvE?
then go nades.
why?
perma-vulnerability on 25 stacks + regular chill & blend
and this is just your group support.

dps wise, you perma-stack bleeding up to 25 completely on your own
together with incendiary powder you even got your beloved burning, that you can hold perma as well with P/P #4 and rocketboots’ belt-ability (if you need them this bad… better go with googles).
you even hold poison on perma with a Pistol dart-volley and nades #5
heck, you also get confusion on your target.

wanna still be kind and hold weakness on the boss while healing / cleaning your pals?
good, take the EG with you, but please, for the sake of our class’ reputation, don’t mix the words condition-dps (or dps in any way) with Flamethrower.

Yes, the FT is fun as cat, but unless you’re facerolling in cof p1, there is no reason ever to take it with you.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Hvaran.6327

Hvaran.6327

mates already told contrsuctive critics.

I would say, this builds are total kitten))

Handarand – Handacooon – Handa Panda – Handa Genie

in Engineer

Cyclohexane.5810

Thank you all for your remarks.
I understood that I’m totally wrong with my build orientation.

@Arantheal: I try to avoid playing nades despite the fact that it is a very effective build. This is a gameplay I do not like at all.

Maybe I should go toward an HgH build.
I will see it later since I cannot play in the coming days.

Do you think it would be possible with the current metagame to have a condition based build without using nades or bombs?

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

No.
I spend 2h, playing around with the build-planner, but nothing came around with satisfying results…
The best I could come up with was a P/P EG build, but that would be a really butchered condi-build.
Both pistols and EG’s auto are kinda useless, tough the weakness from EG gives a nice support and you can stack bleed to some minor degree…
Also you’re still able to hold poison on perma, but seriously. You would take P/P with nades anyways and still having the option to take EG with you…

I get your problem, Bombs not only look stupid, but they bring you uncomfortable close to bosses (which you usually solve with PI and perma.vigor) and nades can be a pain in the kitten (or fingers) to play them effectively.
I had the same problem with nades. Wanna know why I love them now? I simply bought a mouse with multiple keys for my thump and use the “auto-fire when placed” targeting-system (german here, so excuse the complicate (and improper) description).
A lot of DPS, a lot of field-control and most important: A lot of fun.

You really should give them a try.

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I would aim toward power in an FT/EG build, not condition damage.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I used to play around with builds like these, but could never just get them into a place where I felt satisfied with them.

What Phineas says is also valid. These things seem like they would be good in a condi-oriented build, but then the question always arises as to why it’s just not an HGH greande build instead. If you go with power damage, the deadly mixture, target the maimed, and empowering adrenaline traits will provide a larger bonus, and you could consider ditching incendiary powder (as good as it is) for HGH. You could also consider ditching modified ammunition, but I think it would work out fairly well, especially if you’re using the elixir gun.

Here’s a sort of alternative build that I just whipped up: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQFAUlspSXHwyuF17ICoH1ldNiie8YN2k9pw8B-jwBBYfBhEJIpmFRjtypIasalYaYJVFTQWKAzFGB-e

This one would be able to maintain a high amount of might stacks, and I swapped it over to rifle instead. Using sitting duck allows you to use net shot to get 3-4 condis on your opponent all at once, which works well with modified ammunition. You can do the same thing with glue shot if you swap back to dual pistols (which also gives you access to even more conditions to synergize with modified ammunition), although I felt rifle might be a bit better in the build since net shot can be used much more frequently, the EG is mostly single target anyways, and the additional control from the rifle is very handy. Plus we’re doing power damage, which is what the rifle was built for.

I just used some combination of gear stats that was more power focused, I’m sure those could still be refined. I put the omnomberry ghost there just for additional damage and healing, but that’s just consumable stuff. You might actually want to stick with the +40% condi duration food so that the condis last longer to help modified ammunition out.

I also thought of taking the range increase on the EG instead of sitting duck and just using dual pistols to boost modified ammunition. That 1200 range would be a bit of a luxury consider what the engg is generally accustomed to.

This sort of build would be largely single target, which may be fine depending on where it’s used.

If you wanted to do an FT version, you could maybe use juggernaut instead of sitting duck. Then you could consider using dual pistols to help boost modified ammunition or just get the extra control from the rifle. Precise sights might also work nicely in an FT build with high enough precision since there’s no CD on that trait and the flame jet could proc a bunch… I still think it’s an underwhelming trait though.

I wish juggernaut worked with EG as well as FT. Would make a lot of senses seeing as how FT and EG are already rolled into a number of traits already.

EDIT: BTW, if you did want to stick with condi damage, you might consider running a sigil of torment. That would provide you with an additional condition that you don’t otherwise have access to, and it procs in an AoE. You’d have to unslot your sigil of earth though because the two would conflict with each other.

(edited by Yamsandjams.3267)