Build advice for WvW Grenade Build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dethmonger.3274

Dethmonger.3274

So my engineer just hit 80, and I’m looking for advice. The plan is to focus on WvW, with a grenade spec, in celestial gear. Past that I’m very open to suggestion. I’m personally leaning towards a base of 30/10/0/10/0, with either the extra 20 in firearms for the extra damage per condition, or splitting it between alchemy for backpack regen, and tools for SD. Planning on might stacking through med kit, proccing rune of altruism and enhance performace, with sigil of battle, and possibly sigil of strength. Not apposed to going HGH instead for might, but it seems id be blowing those utilities just to proc might and nothing else, which i suppose is partially true for SD if i dip into tools at all. Thoughts, concerns, issues, rebuttals?

(edited by Dethmonger.3274)

in Engineer

Posted by: zaragoz.6351

zaragoz.6351

Well, if your taking enhance performance, then you are losing out on burning, which is hands down one of the strongest conditions in the game. Also look into runes of the noble, since your using might stacking and celestial your pretty heavy on hybrid damage. I would personally go for backpack regen as it just has amazing sustain. Where is your movement going to come from if you dont’ dip into tools btw? Speedykits is just about a must for me, but from what I see you have no movement speed at all. The hybrid build I ran utilzing grenades was something along the lines of 30/10/0/20/10.

Ferguson’s Crossing
Zaragoz[SS] – 80 engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Stillshade.7634

Stillshade.7634

HGH isn’t a bad idea because as well as might it gives you condition cleanses, invis, and stability, and remember that throwing the turrets from the toolbelt gives might as well.
I’ve never run in celestial gear but I ran grenades in wvw for a few months with a raiding guild and if you don’t want to run HGH I find that rocket boots is fantastic for mobility.
Slick shoes also works well because of the toolbelt stun break and the knockdown can be used very aggressively or defensively. Elixer turret is also nice for the shortest cd stunbreak, aoe heal clense, and weakness on auto attack can help against thieves.

I’d say look into everything and try things out until they work, though the only thing i would strongly recommend is putting 10 points into tools for speedy kits so you can have perma switftness.

Maguuma Engi Evvenna
Things that go BOOM

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Dethmonger.3274

Thanks for the feedback folks. Swiftness should be up nearly 100% of the time with the 10 in firearms for infused precision. As far as burns go, unless im missing something, they moved incendiary powder to grandmaster, and id have to drop grenadier for it, doesnt sound worth it. But i would love to add burn into the mix.

in Engineer

Posted by: Casty.9743

Casty.9743

Inc powder is a master trait FYI.

in Engineer

Posted by: pheroth.5306

pheroth.5306

Thanks for the feedback folks. Swiftness should be up nearly 100% of the time with the 10 in firearms for infused precision. As far as burns go, unless im missing something, they moved incendiary powder to grandmaster, and id have to drop grenadier for it, doesnt sound worth it. But i would love to add burn into the mix.

You don’t care about out of combat movement speed? Everyone will be able to chase you down easily

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

in Engineer

Dethmonger.3274

You don’t care about out of combat movement speed? Everyone will be able to chase you down easily

Good point, i should have swiftness up half the time ooc with medkit, but i can see how that might be an issue, thanks.

And yeah,incendiary powder is master,not sure what i was thinking. But compared to all the other amazing mastet tier traits, i think its still the weakest in its current form. I can get some burns elsewhere, and even then i could get easily overwritten buy a good ele anyway, definitely worth considering.