Build for open world?

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sazdek.6830

Sazdek.6830

So I just recently started my engineer, at level 68 currently. I’ll probably be jumping into HoT zones by saturday night and was wondering what everyone used for open world exploration/fights/events/etc. Assuming pre-scrapper, of course (At least until I clear a few hero challenges then I’m hopping right on that gorram bandwagon). Any help is always appreciated.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Equip:
-full berserker
-rifle

Traits:
-explosive(1/2/2)
-firearms(3/2/2)
-tools(2/1/2)
This will give you most offensive option with decent quality of life(streamlined kits-perma swift, adrenal implator-50%endurance regen etc)

If you will have problem with champs, swap firearms to inventions(2/2/2) bunker down is huge sustain boost.

Utilities:
-healing turret (deploy, overcharge, destroy-best heal)
-elixir gun(4-acid bomb-use it, and swap weapon to stop leap)
-nade kit(your main autoattack+shrapbel/freeze/poison have high base dmg)
-free (reccomend slick shoes for champ break bar, thumper turret for kite mobs etc.. Justr try put here what suite for you)
-elite: mortar(aoe blind, aoe chill, toolbelt blast finisher)

Use on riffle 3 and 5 skill, then swap to nade kit, throw 2,4,5 then swap elixir gun use 4 swap in air to rifle, use 3 on rifle, swap to nade kit use 2 and autoattack. This is fast guide how kill mobs fast. Engineer is not good at spam autoattack. If you try put best dmg skills on cd, you will progress really faster.

With solo champs a reccomend slick shoes or toolkit (traited in tools ) this will give you 3sec block with 13sec cd. You can count 50% endure regen with trait+ 50% from vigor(every time you use tool belt skill).

I write this fast so I think that this can help you

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rocknull.2986

Rocknull.2986

Daaaaam David.

Hit the nail on the head.

OP take this mans advice. rock solid

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I agree with David. Used pretty much the same thing when i was getting hero point challenges done. That perm swiftness made me dizzy.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Sazdek.6830

I was honestly expecting the generic “Any build will work, try everything” response. Thank you very much David, I’ll definitely give it a try probably as soon as I hit 71 in a couple of hours.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Sazdek.6830

Question though, on the explosives line, if you’re not running a condi build would it then be better to run Siege Rounds for longer duration fields (namely looking at water for the sustain) and to be able to double tap your fields with the blast finisher? The 15% chance for 1 stack of bleeding and cripple on explosions seems kind of low, but maybe I’m underestimating it.

Tarnished Coast
Skaukatt – Engi
Cräsher – Warrior

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Wahoooooo you summoned me!

It’s better support wise but not damage wise. Still, you won’t get the full damage out of shrapnel against open world mobs so it’s better dps to take Siege Rounds yes. Also – huge aoe and double blast BAM BAM.

I agree that David’s build is a solid pre Scrapper way to play. It’s certainly one of the best but I think you can do better with a different build for soloing, since you are lacking damage buffs with David’s.

David’s build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAElUUhSsg7Wg2LWeLqxZsLyCwOsCSrvhaCDAA-ThRBwAAeAA3U/BlOgFXAgr7PK/MrEEA-e

I’d rather use a FT build for solos since Juggernaut is ultra mighty there. You also can make great adventages of elixiers. You can swap to FT during animations like jump shot to keep getting might.

Use strength runes only if you have a seperate open world gear set. Otherwise just go for Scholar since it’s better in Raids, Fotm, Dungeons (hehe), minmax content I mean.

I’d go for something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcThatY5VwdLQ7FL3FFYDGhBg4Bth5QYNFQZGA-TxRBwA02fYxFAwsSwbq/gSHwVlfAeAAAA-e

• no perma swiftness but mecha legs for perma “semiswiftness” → high mobility
  • plenty of condi cleanses, condi converts and stunbreakers → high flexibility
  • high might, fury and quickness uptime → high damage output
  • ultra high sustain with bunker down, you can solo everything with this trait, it also procs much better with FT than with anything else! → high sustain
  • the only ranged attack you should be using is mortar autohit. It’s almost the same as grenade auto, just more range, still dealing less damage than the FT tough. But you’ll have plenty of might stack when swapping from FT to the morat → ok ranged dps

If you have any questions go ahead and ask them! Happy to help

Btw the trait “Skilled Marksman”‘s attack speed buff does not work on the flight time of Jump Shot. Still reduces the CD of skills tough. Yet don’t underestimate fury mate.

Greez!
- Ziggy

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Build for open world?

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Yea many players, many gameplay styles :-)

^^ ziggy give you best answer so go and try it :-)

Edit: if you will enjoy open world, after you make scrapper look at this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/really-quick-scrapper/first#post6057608

I enjoy this build a lot!! :-)

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

(edited by David.5974)