Bulwark Gyroscope toolbelt skill

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

I want to discuss this one specific skill of the scrapper.

Engineer already has lot of access to reflection:
all turrets (including: healing, rifle, thumper, net, rocket, flame, supply crate)
shield OH 4
med kit (traited: magnet aura)
flamethrower 3

Scrapper even gets another reflection for his hammer (skill 2).

So, do we really need this reflection skill?
The icon looks more like a block/aegis shield to me and I would like to have access for aegis as an engineer.
Or maybe it can be reflec AND give all allies in the orb aegis a single time?

Discuss please.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

Defender runes instant aegis when you use a heal skill plus huge burst heal when you block an attack its what im gonna roll with till a better rune set shows its face.

in Engineer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Defender runes instant aegis when you use a heal skill plus huge burst heal when you block an attack its what im gonna roll with till a better rune set shows its face.

Well, but that wasn’t the topic. ^^

How do you feel about the reflection?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Well, but that wasn’t the topic. ^^

How do you feel about the reflection?

Any reflection skill is welcome, mate.

in Engineer

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

The reflection is amazing we can actually make it into combat now by putting some pressure on range before we leap in. I can see the want for aegis but it looks like we have so much passive regen and toughness/condi reduction now it may bring it over the top.

in Engineer

Posted by: Winterfield.5091

Winterfield.5091

I would say they need to change turret trait instead of this one.

in Engineer

Posted by: tyrellian.3706

tyrellian.3706

I want to discuss this one specific skill of the scrapper.

Engineer already has lot of access to reflection:
all turrets (including: healing, rifle, thumper, net, rocket, flame, supply crate)
shield OH 4
med kit (traited: magnet aura)
flamethrower 3

Scrapper even gets another reflection for his hammer (skill 2).

So, do we really need this reflection skill?
The icon looks more like a block/aegis shield to me and I would like to have access for aegis as an engineer.
Or maybe it can be reflec AND give all allies in the orb aegis a single time?

Discuss please.

The vast majority of the reflects you mentioned are either short duration or tied to something bad/impractical:

• Turrets require you to take turrets, which right now melt when sneezed on; you’d be using up a whole slot for a long-cooldown reflect. You’ve also got to choose advanced turrets over the much better bunker down trait.
  • Shield 4 – yep, this the one solid, reliable reflect we currently have. Note that it’s not really compatible with a power build (as that would require the rifle).
  • Med kit+kit refinement: You’ve got to be running with the med kit (which is terrible compared to the healing turret); you’ve also got to have your kit refinement off its 20s cooldown at the point you need the reflect.
  • Flamethrower 3: A half-second reflect. Very much a skill-shot to use this to reflect something significant.
  • There’s also Elixir U toolbelt: A very nice reflect indeed when you get it, but you’re relying on the RNG to give you the WoR.

FWIW, I’d definitely take reflection over aegis any day – aegis blocks a single hit, reflection stops all ranged attacks for the duration and returns them to sender.

What’s particularly great about this skill is that it’s an instacast toolbelt skill – this means:

1. You can use it while disabled.
  2. If it’s off cooldown, you can use it at any time, no matter what kit/weapon you’re currnently in.
  3. It benefits from the tools line mechanized deployment trait, reducing its CD to 21.25s.

You can make enemy rangers/engineers weep with this skill, if they’re running an appropriate build.

in Engineer

Posted by: TsukuZankaze.6951

TsukuZankaze.6951

Looking at this from a WvW perspective you could use Rocket Charge with the Bulwark toolbelt to charge in a zerg. Evade plus reflect? not OP at all. add on top of that after you land, use that actual drone to mitigate 50% of the damage for the first few seconds. From that point just use Hammer 2 to reflect some more and go ham, preferably with FT or Bombs considering you will most likely have Superspeed at this point so just start dropping bombs or Flame Jet cleave them.