Bunkersmith [sPvP]

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

I wanted to see if I could bunker with Holosmith as well as Scrapper. With every other class doing crazy amounts of DPS (even eating through Scrappers), I thought there could be some place to possibly bunker through it. Turns out it is very possible but with some notable Cons.

Pros:

• Survive the condi pressure

Cons:

• No Gyro Res/Stomp.
  • Long Cooldowns on Shield and Exceed Skills.
  • Lose Elite Tool Belt skill (ex. Moa)

Weapons:

• Sword + Shield

Weapon Sigils:

• Sigil of Purging – Remove Conditions
  • Sigil of Energy – Recover Endurance

Rune/Amulet:

• Rune of Water (Heal) or Rune of Melandru (Reduce Condi)
  • Mender’s (Heal) or Paladins Amulet (Tank)

Skills:

• Healing Turret – Less selfish approach to Burst Healing
  • Spectrum Shield – Stun Breaker. Reduces incoming Damage/Condi Damage by 50%. Toolbelt skill (while above Heat Threshold) gives Light Aura (-10% incoming Condi)
  • Photon Wall – Block for you and allies
  • Elixir Gun – Heals/Condi Cleanse. Toolbelt Stun Breaker.
  • Elixir X (a little added survivability) or Mortar Kit (for Elixir Shell)

Photon Forge Skill Usage:

• These can be used to deal some damage while waiting for your skills to come off cooldown, plus build up your Heat Threshold so your Exceed Skills are a bit better.
  • With the Holosmith trait ‘Light Density Amplifier’ you take 15% less damage.
  • With the ‘Crystal Configuration: Eclipse’ trait, you can gain a barrier and Stability while you use Corona Burst
  • With the ‘Vent Exhaust’ trait, you can stay in Photon Forge longer by dodging (hence the Sigil of Energy) as well as heal (‘Heat Therapy’ gives you health per unit of heat lost)
    - With the ‘Enchanced Capacity Storage Unit’ trait, you can stay in Photon Forge longer and get Might

Traits:

• Inventions – 2, 3, 2
  • Alchemy – 2,2,1
  • Holosmith – 1,2,1 or 2

(edited by LUST.7241)

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I was messing around with a Mender/Paladin “bruiser” Holosmith just to see if it was viable as well during the final night of the beta weekend. I played it a little bit differently, however, taking Elixir C, Elixir S, the Elixir Gun, and the Mortar Kit. My traits were largely the same, though I took the vigor trait in Alchemy due to Holo Leap’s low CD right now.

It survived most things just fine. The only issues I had last night were against Scourges and against Holosmiths running Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit, which are obviously due to be nerfed significantly.

It has potential, but I really only did it to mess around, and glass cannon Holosmith is obviously the way to go right now. If you want to play a bruiser type build, Scrapper is far better suited for that.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

You don’t get moa with Holosmith

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

You don’t get moa with Holosmith

Apologies, oversight on losing the Elite Toolbelt skill.

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: Samug.6512

Samug.6512

You don’t get Heat Therapy from the dodge trait tho, do you?

Bunkersmith [sPvP]

in Engineer

Posted by: ukuni.8745

ukuni.8745

You don’t get Heat Therapy from the dodge trait tho, do you?

You do, tested it out in spvp a bit, its nearly a 1k heal per dodge roll with no healing power

Still Winning And Grinning (Swag)
Ukune – Engineer of Maguuma
Check me out on YouTube