Burn baby burn flamethrower

in Engineer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Flamethrower buff actualy made the setting more then lethal enought to be ran as a pvp/pve build

Idk if someone made one yet but heres what i propose

6 (pick up all FT traits)
6 (pick up elixir duration FT damage boost and HGH for the 25 might stack)

Rune: Strenght for 35 second might duration (derp)
Sigil: Might on crit, sigil of blood (FT AA is speced on multihit and as such can provide might very easily)

Skill: Healing elixir, Flamethrower, Buff elixir (for fury), Condition cure/ressurection elixir (a must have), The good old crate

Whats the point? well you got permanantly 25 stack of might a weapon that has serious damage aoe and you can party buff people with might that last even longuer then the cooldown of the ability used to cast it all while procing some random boons and curing conditions i mean thats dreamworld if i dont know it.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Still useless in PvE and in PvP it will leave without any defensive utility.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

kyubi.3620

because retal isnt defensive?

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

It is against the flame thrower. Not so much so when using it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

2/6/0/4/2 FT/bombs engie is easily the best solo farming build in the game currently in terms of raw DPS, both sustained and burst. Warriors used to be comparable but with the adrenaline nerf and FT damage buff now it’s not even close.

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

2/6/0/4/2 FT/bombs engie is easily the best solo farming build in the game currently in terms of raw DPS, both sustained and burst. Warriors used to be comparable but with the adrenaline nerf and FT damage buff now it’s not even close.

You are joking right?:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: gartz.7013

gartz.7013

i really don’t like the kit in itself tbh. everyone I’ve fought using it is just spam the skills and press 1! how is that fun! Even wolfineers build i tried and said “this is poop!”. its just a boring kit to me and i don’t see it doing enough damage for people to start using it thillisly or being the new meta.

solo cheese engi/ex teef

in Engineer

kyubi.3620

well idk i simply ditched out my bomb kit for the FT because more effective at murdering people in pvp then what bomb is (well save for idiots who just fellow you to the end of the world, i mean most people who see you use a bomb kit just keep out of range and snipe you to your doom its very good for bunkering not very so for witstanding a ranged siege). Sure you can still run nade and a lot of explosive but running HGH grant wich is prety much the next step right after FT along with juggernaut is like gaining free access to condition cure self rez and a lot of might. Sure auto attacking with FT is kind of super dumb but do run it along with a rifle and youl have your share of knockback and control moves. Gota get out of the kit from time to time anyway.

With the new ranger build spamming longbow bombkit will just end up trice useless in pvp

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Sure, I like the FT. It is fun and functional, but I have to ask, what can the FT do against a long bow ranger, since you brought it up, that bombs/grenades cannot? It is not as if the FT has some extensive range to counter long bow attacks, over other skills.

Glad to see your enjoying the flame thrower. I really am. But is it really necessary to spam the forums with the same new threads both here and the balance sub forum?

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Why don’t you go ahead and enlighten me then? The build needs to have:

1) Either permaswiftness or a constant +25% buff.
2) Better DPS than the FT build, including any buffs that don’t take forever to set up (i.e. no might blasting).
3) No significant ramp-up time (1-2 seconds tops, i.e. no prolonged condition-stacking period).
4) Not reliant on elites or any other skill with an excessively long cooldown (10 seconds tops).

in Engineer

Rozbuska.5263

Why don’t you go ahead and enlighten me then? The build needs to have:

1) Either permaswiftness or a constant +25% buff.
2) Better DPS than the FT build, including any buffs that don’t take forever to set up (i.e. no might blasting).
3) No significant ramp-up time (1-2 seconds tops, i.e. no prolonged condition-stacking period).
4) Not reliant on elites or any other skill with an excessively long cooldown (10 seconds tops).

You can manage 25 stack without Juggernaut and without HGH or blasts. Like this for example:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fdQQFAUlUUpPrlYxdLseNicBNqrA6Okhx+5AszeC-TRiDABL8AAWZ/BCVCqp6PAcgAQ4ACQxFAgLlf/pjIAwBwv/G47v58zP/8zPvrP/8zP/8SBs1yI-e

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Vee Wee ran a 0/30/0/30/10 Flamethrower + team fury build last night in Fractals 50! The 10k Flame Jets are real! That was without banners! Vee Wee could definitely dish out more with more selfish traits! Vee Wee thinks PvE players put too much stock into running OMFGLEETEST builds! This isn’t PvP where your build actually matters! You can run 5 condi Necros with cleric gear and still beat end game PvE! The PvE in this game is pathetically easy! Unless you are trying for some CoF P1 world record speed run where you strive to beat some other 5 guys by 0.8 seconds, Vee Wee thinks you should run whatever you find enjoyable! Wahoo!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Vee Wee ran a 0/30/0/30/10 Flamethrower + team fury build last night in Fractals 50! The 10k Flame Jets are real! That was without banners! Vee Wee could definitely dish out more with more selfish traits! Vee Wee thinks PvE players put too much stock into running OMFGLEETEST builds! This isn’t PvP where your build actually matters! You can run 5 condi Necros with cleric gear and still beat end game PvE! The PvE in this game is pathetically easy! Unless you are trying for some CoF P1 world record speed run where you strive to beat some other 5 guys by 0.8 seconds, Vee Wee thinks you should run whatever you find enjoyable! Wahoo!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

“Endgame”. Heh.
Builds actually matter in pve be it easy or not. It’s about being effective. 5 cleric condi necros won’t come out 0.8s short. They will be 15min short or more. It adds up if you do a bunch of dungeons in a row. Factoring in the average skill of a condi necro in cleric gear..it really adds up! It doesn’t add much obviously if you do a random path and just autoattack everything from max range then saying “lol pve so easy”.
It’s really not about just finishing the path/fractal/whatever but doing it in decent time. Not record time. Just decent.
Pvp players just like to kitten on pve claiming it’s easier cuz you fight scripts but isn’t pvp just running around and killing people? Especially with all of them sigil procs? It’s rng mostly.

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Vee Wee agrees with you! But decent time is possible without going full minmax nerd mode! Vee Wee once did a Fractals 50 using a wrench build! Vee Wee completed this run in under an hour but most of all Vee Wee had fun! Or at least Vee Wee had the most amount of fun one can have playing the same instance that Vee Wee has already done over a 100 times before! Vee Wee advocates playing what you enjoy playing in a game mode where you can literally succeed playing the worst builds!

Vee Wee does not want to turn this into a PvP vs PvE but you have to admit PvE is really lackluster! It’s a shame because Vee Wee is not just a PvPer! Vee Wee likes to play all aspects of the game! But when high end PvE-ers resort to soloing the hardest dungeons for a challenge, then you know PvE difficulty is just pathetic and Anet needs to work harder to make it better goshdarn it! More dungeons! Maybe dungeons that require 10 people! Maybe hard mode versions of dungeons like in Guild Warts 1!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

PvP isn’t much better than PvE, just go play Street Fighter or Call of Duty or whatever if you want real PvP. At least play an MMO like an MMO.

Also bomb might blasting has terrible ramp-up, it takes like 5 seconds to get the initial might blast going plus a few more to get the bleed stacks going. That’s way too slow for clearing trash in open world, it’s purely a dungeon build.

in Engineer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Sure, I like the FT. It is fun and functional, but I have to ask, what can the FT do against a long bow ranger, since you brought it up, that bombs/grenades cannot? It is not as if the FT has some extensive range to counter long bow attacks, over other skills.

Glad to see your enjoying the flame thrower. I really am. But is it really necessary to spam the forums with the same new threads both here and the balance sub forum?

Air Blast reflects projectiles.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Engineer

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

6/4/0/4/0

You get accelerant packed turrets, enhance performance, and synaptic overload
You get the 2 FT traits
Here I got deadly mixture and protection injection.

FT, battering ram, and elixir S with supply drop, rifle, battle + rage sigils and hoelbrak runes.

Are the defenses there? Yes, more centered on CC as opposed to recovery and mobility.

Is there damage? Oh yeah especially if you lock them in with CC.

Is it fun? Still playing around with it, it is incredibly strong if you bait them around a corner or net shoot them on a chase and battering ram them into a corner.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Engineer

Posted by: Darius.4710

Darius.4710

Vee Wee agrees with you! But decent time is possible without going full minmax nerd mode! Vee Wee once did a Fractals 50 using a wrench build! Vee Wee completed this run in under an hour but most of all Vee Wee had fun! Or at least Vee Wee had the most amount of fun one can have playing the same instance that Vee Wee has already done over a 100 times before! Vee Wee advocates playing what you enjoy playing in a game mode where you can literally succeed playing the worst builds!

Vee Wee does not want to turn this into a PvP vs PvE but you have to admit PvE is really lackluster! It’s a shame because Vee Wee is not just a PvPer! Vee Wee likes to play all aspects of the game! But when high end PvE-ers resort to soloing the hardest dungeons for a challenge, then you know PvE difficulty is just pathetic and Anet needs to work harder to make it better goshdarn it! More dungeons! Maybe dungeons that require 10 people! Maybe hard mode versions of dungeons like in Guild Warts 1!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Tagging people as “nerds” (“nerd mode”) because they don’t share the same values you do is rude and intolerant. Few people say each and every player must conform to the meta, no matter when and where. Meta teams expect this conformation in their teams, just like they need to conform when those Meta players join another team. Their team, their rules.

The average Joe has only average skill level, which makes the spec even more important. Some players are also not so skilled, making their spec even more important than before. Even when skilled, spec has it’s impact. Spec and skill are apples and oranges anyway. The fact skill matters doesn’t, by any mean, negate the fact that spec matters too.

The average Joe has limited time, and clearing time are greatly influenced by specs, especially on an average (or lower) skill level. People have jobs, lives, or want to help others as much as they can. For many players it’s even more fun like that. They’re anything but nerds for those reasons. This name calling only reflects on the person who’s doing that.

What do you gain by bashing the so called “elitists”? Reputation?