Bye Bye 100Nades

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Silver.9084

Silver.9084

Kit Refinement: This trait now has an internal cooldown of 10 seconds globally for Flamethrower, Elixir Gun, Grenade Kit, and Tool Kit.

Dunno what Anet were thinking about…

Tux – [VoTF] Vengeance of The Fallen

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Alkron.1345

Alkron.1345

Well that could be interesting. I don’t run a Kit Refine but seems like that could change things up a bit…

Btw, here’s the link for anyone wondering:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-February-26-2013

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

expected.
honestly, it was just too powerful.

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: The Gates Assassin.9827

The Gates Assassin.9827

100nades isn’t gone. Jump in the air while switching to a kit will not have Kit Refinement skills go off. It just means you have to be a bit smart about when you use it.

Main: Raine Avina (Engineer)
Message me any time in game.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Ayestes.1273

Ayestes.1273

Well, this doesn’t remove 100 Nades. It just means you have to be careful with Tool Kit and Grenade Kit equips. You don’t want a Tool Kit activation of the cooldown to wreck the Grenade Kit one.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

it doesn’t hit 100nade as much as multi kit build. kitten that’s kitten

Ayestes : How annoying will it be, each time you switch to toolkit, you’ll have to jump in the air before pulling.

Why, among all the class, did they have to nerf engineer? Mesmer didn’t get a nerf, guardian didnt, Elem got a small nerf. Really..

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Azimuth.7091

Azimuth.7091

In my opinion 100 Nade build was a bad build and you should feel bad for using it, it had no true skill or use for the fullness of the class that we are

Galvon Engineer 80 / Sor/
TWL
LOL, Who still use Runes

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

It didn’t need a nerf, I agree. I’m just saying it doesn’t remove the build entirely. Especially one that just makes it more frustrating to manage.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Global CD isnt best solution… Why they just dont fix that barrage spread exploit inside of models. Lots of good builds will be negatively sideeffected by this.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

Global CD isnt best solution… Why they just dont fix that barrage spread exploit inside of models. Lots of good builds will be negatively sideeffected by this.

or just nerf the barrage on nade refinement or give it a new effect or increase the cooldown on it >_<

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

That would have been a lot better.

I didn’t mind a nerf to 100nade, but this is a nerf to every build that used kit refinement.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Ostricheggs.3742

Ostricheggs.3742

Guys, this was a buff to hundred nades. A HUGE buff to hundred nades.

twitch.tv/ostricheggs MOTM/TOL 2/TOG NA/WTS Beijing winner. Message me for PvP Coaching
@$20 an hour! It’s worth it!

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

Ostricheggs : You are right.

They actually bufed 100 nade.

Which is kitten

I wanted to go away from 100nade, now they buff it and nerf every other kit refinement build? what the?

This is a slight buff by the way, not worth the assle to jump in the air each time you switch kit.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Ayestes.1273

I didn’t think the introduction of a global cooldown meant the per skill cooldowns were going away, interesting.

Virydia – Hearld
Tirydia – Scrapper

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Iddiozzia.3489

Iddiozzia.3489

It’s clearly intended to be a nerf to kit refinement builds in general (don’t know why).
It leaves 100 nades completely the way it is.
If you’re forced to equip toolkit b4 unleashing your grenade burst, you can just jump and problem solved.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

But at the same time, the kit refinement nails proc from toolkit was very handy.

Overall a really weird nerf.

I’m pretty sure they don’t know about the jump-switch kit.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Cero.5132

Cero.5132

Yep… Its basically 4 grenade barrages in 25 seconds now… if my math skills dont let me down on this….
at 0 seconds greande barrage from kit refinement and toolbelt, 10s kit refinement, 20-25 s kit refinement and toolbelt… wait, that´s 5 O_O
Only problem is with toolkit. Now engineers cant swap all too mindlessly…. I now consider using net turret for some extra hold.
And I guess engineer got way more melee oriented with this patch…. wlel at least in my opinion

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: blurps.2340

blurps.2340

The wording is a bit ambiguous, I’ll reserve judgement until I actually get to test what they really mean by that.

Considering the history of changes to the class, them nerfing all kit refinement builds rather than targeting 100nades specifically probably wouldn’t surprise anyone though.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

I don’t see this as 100 nades being gone. I see it as 100 nades being more difficult to pull off, i.e. more skill is required.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Vuh.1328

grenade kit refinement still has it’s normal cd, now just combined with a internal cd between kits of 10sec! “yay”

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

@Vuh

Are you serious?

did you try it? I’m still downloading the patch.

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Vuh.1328

@Vuh

Are you serious?

did you try it? I’m still downloading the patch.

my mistake, it still works normally between toolkit and nade kit. was just paying attention to nade barrage cd

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Vuh.1328

100nade build still works perfectly fine, now with more confusion!

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Kardiamond.6952

So the change dind’t work between toolkit and grenade? wonderful!

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: NickDollahZ.5348

NickDollahZ.5348

Yeah, I’m not seeing this 10 second cd. Although I don’t normally use the 100nade build.

So I might be missing something… I can greande barrage and then swap to flamethrower or toolkit and both effects work….

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: Cato.3547

Cato.3547

Yeah, I’m not seeing this 10 second cd. Although I don’t normally use the 100nade build.

So I might be missing something… I can greande barrage and then swap to flamethrower or toolkit and both effects work….

But u cant equip FT and then grenade barrage so im wondering is this how it should work or is the cd just buggy.

EDIT: Seems FT and EG only triggers internal cd

(edited by Cato.3547)

Bye Bye 100Nades

in Engineer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

It seems now that engi’s have more consistent access to Confusion than mesmers… interesting…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer