Can a ranger solo engie 1 vs 1?

in Engineer

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

First of all, i am not here to complain about engie so lets get that off discussion.
Now coming to the point, i have been playing spvp recently on my ranger and i am doing fine for the moment, almost to div 3. Won like 12 games in a row today with me and my buddy playing together and it has been smooth sailing so far, i know things will get harder once i get into div 3 and maybe higher.
I run full offensive survival power build on my ranger, i hate bunkering and i find out i can take on most professions 1 vs 1 usually except Engie. Ofcourse i can’t solo kill bunkered builds sometimes like bunkered ele 1 vs 1 but that usually ends up in a deadlock neither one dying. However i haven’t really been able to kill engie today at all, even if you get the jump on them and get them to like 25% they shrink 2x in a row, stealth comes out of stealth with more then 50% health (still healing and regen) while dealing tremendous burst at the same time, at that point i am either running for my life or already in a downed state.
So lets cut the long story short, am i doing something wrong or should i just don’t bother trying to solo a scrapper?
I have all professions, out of them engie and necro is my least played but at this point i am really tempted at bringing out my engie for some pvp mayhem.

in Engineer

Posted by: Elliodas.9023

Elliodas.9023

The Scrapper is a op class for pvp. I play engineer, I recommend you use that class 10/10

Look on PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4LQ5I1ZpnY

or if you wanna

on WvW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGUX7YYHn4

YouTube Channel:
[Midnight Family] https://www.youtube.com/c/MidnightFamily

in Engineer

Posted by: David.5974

David.5974

Against engi:
Ranger-no
Bristleback-yes
Smokescale-yes

Against scrapper: idk, I still not meet master ranger/druid

“Doctor suggest me, to stop play with engi because my fingers are broken.
So.. I start play scrapper. "

in Engineer

Posted by: Elliodas.9023

Elliodas.9023

But what you want to know? about engineer or scrapper?

YouTube Channel:
[Midnight Family] https://www.youtube.com/c/MidnightFamily

in Engineer

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Watch the reflect and block timings and they become much easier to deal with.

in Engineer

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

Depends on engi build and ranger build ofc. If engi is builded for permareflect and ranger for bearbow, ranger will die very quickly:-)

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in Engineer

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

But what you want to know? about engineer or scrapper?

More then 90% engineers in spvp are scrappers or atleast the ones i have encountered so yes i am definitely asking the build which is most popular.
I am convinced at this point that my ranger build is simply not meant to stand against scrappers. The good thing about it is there is usually only 1 engie in teams while there are lot more necro’s and my build can kill necro’s very well. With having access to 4 condi removal skills that also grant fury on a relatively short cd is awesome.

in Engineer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Ranger VS Engi – Certainly its a pretty balanced matchup and heavily in your favour if you run condis.

Ranger VS Scrapper – You probably have very little chance with a a power build.

Druid VS Scrapper – IF you master your class you have an extremely favourable matchup no matter your build.

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Ranger VS Engi – Certainly its a pretty balanced matchup and heavily in your favour if you run condis.

Druid VS Scrapper – IF you master your class you have an extremely favourable matchup no matter your build.

Accurate. I’d also like to add, Scrapper is difficult for pretty much any build to deal with. It has a lot of everything so it’s not just Ranger that has a hard time with it.

Save Point Blank Shot for when they try to drop Healing Turret. If you have Beast Mastery slotted, be sure to pop a Taunt on them when they finish their Rocket Charge leap (hammer #3) or right after they cast Thunderclap as 90% of the time they’ll follow up with Rocket Charge. If you’re full melee, keep the Poison pressure on them, space out your applications so you can keep it on them as often as possible. DO NOT tank Electro-whirl ever (the yellowish sphere from hammer they encircle themselves with), it can do between 7 and 15k if you let the full thing hit you. And immediately kill Sneak Gyro when they pop it. The faster it dies the faster they come out of stealth and most times the Gyro won’t be right on top of the Engi anyway.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

Accurate. I’d also like to add, Scrapper is difficult for pretty much any build to deal with. It has a lot of everything so it’s not just Ranger that has a hard time with it.

Save Point Blank Shot for when they try to drop Healing Turret. If you have Beast Mastery slotted, be sure to pop a Taunt on them when they finish their Rocket Charge leap (hammer #3) or right after they cast Thunderclap as 90% of the time they’ll follow up with Rocket Charge. If you’re full melee, keep the Poison pressure on them, space out your applications so you can keep it on them as often as possible. DO NOT tank Electro-whirl ever (the yellowish sphere from hammer they encircle themselves with), it can do between 7 and 15k if you let the full thing hit you. And immediately kill Sneak Gyro when they pop it. The faster it dies the faster they come out of stealth and most times the Gyro won’t be right on top of the Engi anyway.

7-15k ? How the kitten does anyone deal 7-15k with electro whirl ?? You know that let’s say first hit showed 2k and second hit showed 4k, it means TOTAL damage was 4k not 6k. right ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

First of all, i am not here to complain about engie so lets get that off discussion.
Now coming to the point, i have been playing spvp recently on my ranger and i am doing fine for the moment, almost to div 3. Won like 12 games in a row today with me and my buddy playing together and it has been smooth sailing so far, i know things will get harder once i get into div 3 and maybe higher.
I run full offensive survival power build on my ranger, i hate bunkering and i find out i can take on most professions 1 vs 1 usually except Engie. Ofcourse i can’t solo kill bunkered builds sometimes like bunkered ele 1 vs 1 but that usually ends up in a deadlock neither one dying. However i haven’t really been able to kill engie today at all, even if you get the jump on them and get them to like 25% they shrink 2x in a row, stealth comes out of stealth with more then 50% health (still healing and regen) while dealing tremendous burst at the same time, at that point i am either running for my life or already in a downed state.
So lets cut the long story short, am i doing something wrong or should i just don’t bother trying to solo a scrapper?
I have all professions, out of them engie and necro is my least played but at this point i am really tempted at bringing out my engie for some pvp mayhem.

Power offensive ranger builds are not very suited to fight a scrapper with.
Especially if he has bulwark gyro with reflect shield toolbelt.

Your build probably works well vs several builds, as you describe that you dont have issues with a lot of them.

Just as your build works well vs several others, scrappers build works well in general, vs offensive power type builds (which your build is).

Check out scrapper build, so that you know what they can do.

Some advice is to watch out for the reflects, try stop his heal turret+overcharge turret(which is a water field)+ leap combo and make good use of the fact that most of his abilities are within the 180 range, unlike yours, who have a lot more range.

Also if you force him to use stuff like his hammer block (shockshield) at range (which also deals dmg in 180 range in front of him), than you wont be hit by the dmg part (due to him being at range). Making big part of his dmg go on cd without you being hit.
Thats the disavantage of having both attack and defence on an ability.
If he uses shockshield for dmg, without blocking something from you, than he hasnt benifit from the block.

So try avoid that such abilities are used in your face for dmg, while blocking stuff from you.

If you would slot for a more outlasting build and pick up the ranger druid elite spec with staff you would do a lot better vs the scrapper.
When I play on my ranger (with support druid style), I dont have problems with scrappers.

Maybe condi ranger does good as well vs scrapper or condi druid ranger if those are still a thing.

You know that let’s say first hit showed 2k and second hit showed 4k, it means TOTAL damage was 4k not 6k. right ?

You are correct. It shows the total dmg if a few attacks follow up frequently.
So in that example it is 4k.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in Engineer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

“it can do between 7 and 15k if you let the full thing hit you.

It hits twice. And I don’t know about PvP, I haven’t done any of it since HoT dropped. But in WvW with mostly Berserker gear and some Marauders mixed in, Strength runes and Force sigil, I’d regularly hit 7 – 10k on players with Electro-whirl. And that means both hits not just the first hit.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

(edited by SpellOfIniquity.1780)

in Engineer

Posted by: Kaizoku.1298

Kaizoku.1298

“it can do between 7 and 15k if you let the full thing hit you.

It hits twice. And I don’t know about PvP, I haven’t done any of it since HoT dropped. But in WvW with mostly Berserker gear and some Marauders mixed in, Strength runes and Force sigil, I’d regularly hit 7 – 10k on players with Electro-whirl. And that means both hits not just the first hit.

Does it show – 3000 then 4000 or does it show 7000 ? If it shows 3000 then 4000 it doesn’t mean you dealt 7k damage, instead it means you’ve dealt 4k max

in Engineer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

For starters if u can avoid using a longbow vs a scrapper most always take bulwark gyro which takes 50% of inc damage and can be used while cced. Then they have a reflect with the toolbelt skills that can be used while cced and it lasts 5 seconds on a 25 second cd. The other reflect is Electro Whirl a hammer skill on a 6 second cd that reflects missiles back the tell for it is they get a yellow ball around them the reflect lasts about 2 seconds. also deals a nice chunk of damage without the reflect portion.

Next try to interrupt Healing turret most scrappers take this because of its condi cleanse (2) will most likely be used to combo with Rocket Leap which is a triple leap combo and evade on a 12 sec cd into a detonate turret for literally a heal to full. Some will use the medic gyro which is impossible to intterupt but it has no condi cleanse. Also healing turret is on a 20 second cd if blown up and 14 sec cd if picked up plus it can heal up to 5 allies within the raidues

Most scrappers tend to open with thunderclap which is a Lighting field that stuns for 1 second and does damage 6x the field lasts 6 seconds and has 1.200 on a 24 second cd the tell for thunderclap is when they raise their hammer in the air a lot of scrappers will typically rocket leap from there to get 3 daze strike combos off and finish by going into a Electro whirl for brutal bolts.

Shock Shield is a block that lasts for 2 seconds and deals damage to enemies within 170 range while also applying 10 vul if all hits connect its on a 20 second cd and can be used offensively or defensively.

Elixir gun is the kit that everyone should be weary of.

Tranquilizer dart is a 900 range 20% projectile finisher that applies 1 second of weakness and a bleed. Some scrappers will open with this to try and bait out a dodge to thunderclap or apply some weakness before committing to full melee.

Next is glob shot it has 900 range and bounces 3 times crippling foes for 3 secs and granting swfitness for 3 sec the cripple is most likely to go up to 6 seconds due to the bounce in a 1v1 scenario. Glob shot is somewhat slow and will most likely be used in melee range to make sure it hits It looks like a ball of glue it has a 8 second cd. This move is also used to bait out a dodge for thunderclap.

Next is Fumigate 450 range applies 5 stacks of vul and posion for 2 seconds its on a 12 second cd mostly applied when everything else is on cd or they want poison on a target. The real power behind this move is that over the 2 second channel it cures 5 conditions on allies only which is very strong.

Acid Bomb is there in a way deadly disengage it can honestly be used offensivly or defensviely it has a 12 second cd and grants 2 might (traited) Its a 500 range leap back that deals significant damage over 6 seconds its also unblockable and and blast finisher so expect to see this used in some sort of field.

Last of the elixir gun skills is Super elixir which heals for about 800 on impact and then 200 per pulse pulsing up to 13 times. Super elixir is also a light field that lasts for a whooping 12 seconds and cures 1 condition for 5 targets in the impact zone which is 240 radius this skill also has 900 range and a 16 second cd when traited. the toolbelt skill is a stunbreaker on a 24 second cd that grants regen 2 stacks of might and removes a condi when traited.

Lastly most take slick shoes which is a knockdown for 2 secs and leaves a trail of glue behind them its unblockable and on a 45 sec cd. its either used as a disengage or lockdown for a kill. The toolbelt skill is 5 seconds of superspeed that breaks stuns on a 25 second cd.

I would go into more detail like the specializations and amulets runes etc but im sleepy hope this helps,

in Engineer

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Druid vs scrapper is a stalemate. Loooong term, the druid has more CC than scrapper has stunbreaks and other defenses, but it won’t resolve quickly.

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

1v1 ranger/druid is toast. Problem is, in real pvp scenario, druid ranger is usually not alone. If they are alone you have already been pinged and either thief, necro, or dh is on the way.

If you play bulwark, give blast gyro a whirl. You will be pleasantly surprised against most necro, and all the bandwagon condi reapers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Answer to title : No, since Rangers never truly 1 vs 1 …that pet.

in Engineer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Given equal skill, scrapper wins overtime. But the fight can take some time though.
Scrapper simply has too many for druid to handle, reflect, slick shoes, moa. If scrapper moa’d at he right time, he will land the kill for sure.