Can function gryo rezz its owner?

in Engineer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

I downed a scrapper offpoint and was letting him bleed out. I wasn’t paying attention to his health closely (watching minimap) but I whacked him a few times to prevent his downstate #4 heal. Then, after a few seconds he just got up and ran away. Did he self-rezz with the gyro?

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

They can’t self res with gyro. What probably happened is that he rallied off transferred conditions when a teammate died. There’s been a bug around for ages that allows you to rally off of teammates if you have dealt enough damage to them through conditions you put on an enemy that get transferred. It’s an issue with how damage sources are handled that’s been around for ages.

Either that or someone stealth ressed him, but I think the condi transfer bug is the more likely thing here, since reapers are so popular right now and usually bring 3+ condi transfers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

They can’t self res with gyro. What probably happened is that he rallied off transferred conditions when a teammate died. There’s been a bug around for ages that allows you to rally off of teammates if you have dealt enough damage to them through conditions you put on an enemy that get transferred. It’s an issue with how damage sources are handled that’s been around for ages.

Either that or someone stealth ressed him, but I think the condi transfer bug is the more likely thing here, since reapers are so popular right now and usually bring 3+ condi transfers.

I’m familiar with that bug, but it was a 1v1 and no one else participated, so I don’t see it working. Thanks for the info on the gyro though!

in Engineer

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Engi also has toss elixir r which resses in pulses and can be put down prior to being downed, but if it had been that you would have been able to see the AoE indicator and would have noticed the healing immediately. The only other thing I can think of is maybe a teammate using a ranged res skill like illusion of life or glyph of renewal from somewhere you couldn’t see, but pretty much no one runs res skills that aren’t search and rescue in this meta.

in Engineer

Posted by: Xcile.1357

Xcile.1357

To answer your question yes. Butthe bug mentioned earlier could’ve most likely happened.

How so?
If the owner sent a Function gyro to a downed teammate but teammate died in the process; then owner gets downed while the gyro is still in play, the function gyro will rush to owner and attempt to revive. Unsure if intended or bugged

(edited by Xcile.1357)

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

No way to summon a function gyro if nobody else participated, he can only use it on enemies or allies.

However, if he uses it on an enemy or ally, sometimes it bugs and doesn’t explode if it can’t complete that task, and has been known to rarely just get another task, and do that instead.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: basz.6129

basz.6129

Ugh, you say rarely. I say fixed. I have intentionally been trying to proc self res with gyro on enemies and allies alike, I cannot seem to get it to pick up that second task. It will sit there floating, almost seem to consider it, then gone. How do I prioritize my own downed state? Just be luckier?

in Engineer

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

It’s not something that will just happen out of the blue. It’s a bug (almost an exploit, really) that can happen (more easily) during PvP matches at times. The bug actually makes it really inconvenient for the engineer anyways since they can only have a single function gyro out at once, so you wouldn’t normally want it to happen.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

(edited by Undo.5091)

in Engineer

basz.6129

Love to see a vid. I almost exclusively pvp, so to say it happens more often there… flabbergasts me.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

I’m pretty sure the objective your function gyro is trying to complete has to either move out of range, or somehow otherwise leaving the gyro sitting there, confused, thinking it still has a job to do before it will revive you. Don’t waste your time trying to recreate it

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

basz.6129

I totally get where the feedback loop is probably designed to prevent staging self-res. This is just something I think about often in downed state. I would sacrifice an entire trait node to be able to function gyro myself.