Candidate Trials Solo: Anyone?

in Engineer

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I got close a couple of times before last night’s patch. Now? Dear lord… just seems impossible for us to do now.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

I soloed it a few times yesterday after patch on a sd build. Though its still as tough as always

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

SD, Rifle, Berserk?

Mind sharing gear and build? I am about to go nuts. XD

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Well I just went zerker everything with sigil of perception (usually like to max it out at t3 then switch to another rifle with a different sigil)

Traits picked up 4,5 and 9 for firearms, 6 on alchemy, 2,6,9 on tools.

Healing turret/rifle turret/elixir s/tool kit.

My plan usually is to burst them down quickly when the rushers spawn with a few auto attacks, and suprise shot (with the free sd). If they survive don’t panic and just kill them when they return. If rushers happen to drop off loot use magnet shield and a close range blunderbuss/overcharge/surprise shot does the trick nicely. Use elixir s to avoid the all those electric fields and shake off aggro in water.

Aaand thats about it for the main part.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

I just recorded a video of me doing it in t4 if needed..I did mess up a few times but Im no pro :P I’ll link it when youtubes done uploading

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

Well, I got closer. Like to 1:45, but then it turns into a mess. Oy.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

It took all day. Literally, but finally solo’ed it. It is a totally broken event. Hopefully they fix it so others don’t have to suffer. Here was my final build out:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0picX7STF17IyoHkWnNhgeYX5lfJqg+B-jAyAEFgkXR0YbDFRjVVDoWwUlIKXUkittenFCY0EA-e

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

It took all day. Literally, but finally solo’ed it. It is a totally broken event. Hopefully they fix it so others don’t have to suffer. Here was my final build out:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQFAUl0picX7STF17IyoHkWnNhgeYX5lfJqg+B-jAyAEFgkXR0YbDFRjVVDoWwUlIKXUkittenFCY0EA-e

why do you think its broken?

in Engineer

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

because you need one special skill set and equipment to do it. this event is far away from the usual design choice of anet. it’s definitely not able to do it with any traits active nor any equipment.

they cannot tell me they managed to do this event the way it is meant to. there are way too many veterans to survive 7 minutes. and killing the veterans takes more time than the time you have until the next plunderer comes.

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

Ye it’s quite unfortunate how it is balanced. I don’t think it is possible to get Gold in T4, unless there is some wierd scaling with party.
T2 is simple Gold without any magic tricks but T3 is already extremely tight for gold.
I’m talking about killing everything here, so I like blind locking with condi gear. So that is bombs, nades (30 points ofc) and toolkit, pistol/pistol. Engi very fun PvE cos of that setup :P.

[TA]

in Engineer

Posted by: Cures.7451

Cures.7451

because you need one special skill set and equipment to do it. this event is far away from the usual design choice of anet. it’s definitely not able to do it with any traits active nor any equipment.

they cannot tell me they managed to do this event the way it is meant to. there are way too many veterans to survive 7 minutes. and killing the veterans takes more time than the time you have until the next plunderer comes.

but you know that t3 and t4 are considereed grp instances?

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

That’s what I thought too. If you can solo them, you should therefore be quite proud of yourself because you are probably well above average skill.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: Sabull.5670

Sabull.5670

That’s what I thought too. If you can solo them, you should therefore be quite proud of yourself because you are probably well above average skill.

Well how people do them solo is just staying back, and focusing on just killing the stealing thiefs. You don’t have to kill many mobs at all like that, not too hard as long as you got a good burst dps gear+build. Matter of realising oh I can just cheese through this.

[TA]

in Engineer

digitalruse.9085

If you try to do it as a group it is practically impossible. The quantity and strength of the vets that are spawning is quickly very overwhelming. I tried it with about 12 different groups (PUG and skilled) and all met with wipes. Solo, OTOH, with luck against the RNG and a very specific spec you can do it… maybe…

Something is VERY broken about that situation.

All that said, this was a thread to help other Engi’s get passed it. There are 6 or so threads in the Cutthroat Politics forum about this, so let’s avoid a derail.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

What is your gear/trait setup? I just need T4 Evon & I will have them all done.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I did it with a condi grenade build yesterday, with toolkit for a pull and block. Something like this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcEQJAqalspSXHxSyF17ICoC5loHPGlNZfewWpFEC-jkCB4MBBrBkWAg+AhEBMFqIasFhFRjVJTQWfDTHLpCBsYNA-w

I tried doing it with a static discharge build earlier, but it just wasn’t working out.

The nice thing with the condi grenades is that the conditions would just burn them down while the ran to the loot, so I could get focused on the next plunderer while the first one was still dying.

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

The trials seem to all about bursty dps. As a condition engineer, I can’t keep up with the amount of enemies spawning. I’ve been able to finish T3 solo, but that involved a lot of luck and kiting,

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

The trials seem to all about bursty dps. As a condition engineer, I can’t keep up with the amount of enemies spawning. I’ve been able to finish T3 solo, but that involved a lot of luck and kiting,

You will need to deaggro the mobs by swimming into the water near where the first plunderer spawns. You don’t have to swim too far out, just far enough to break aggro so you get out of combat and regen. Hopefully you won’t need to do this while all the plunderer’s a running about.

Remember that you have a bit of buffer room with the plunderers too. You can have up to 4 get their bags in, so if you have to let one score to deaggro mobs, that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I found that if I was able to keep them from scoring before the 3 min mark that I generally had enough buffer left to handle it until the end.

Also, if you’re pulling the plunderer on the right hand side that has that short distance run to the loot, you can do it from the right hand side of the rock, in the water. Sometimes this will cause the plunderer to path around the back of the rock and significantly increase the distance he has to run to the score point, allowing you to easily kill him while positioning yourself back towards the other plunderers.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arkanaloth.3059

Arkanaloth.3059

dear god how.. I can’t even solo gold on T1. sigh

in Engineer

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Here’s what I did to solo the entire 8 trials on both Candidates.

I went with Mask’s WvW build for tiers 1-2. There aren’t any Veterans those stages and you can freely run around chasing each plunderer. Shield or Pistol offhand has their advantages, but I went Pistol/Pistol. With enough toughness, you can shake off the attacks from the on coming mobs until the time runs out.

For Tiers 3-4 it’s a little more tricky. I went SD build with Rifle/Tool Kit/PBR/Rifle Turret. I stood on the left side of the big rock, next to the tree. The respawns of each wave of Plunderers were far enough where I could have a full Tool Belt ready on each spawn. IGNORE THE VETERAN GRENADIERS right next to you. They will do nothing at all and if you destroy their turrets, they will start attacking you. The main thing to remember is to stay calm. Once you start inching your way a little too far, mobs will start going after you. So remember that these mobs DO COME BACK and you’ll have a chance to kill them on the return trip. SAVE YOUR MAGNET PULL FOR THE FURTHEST FROM YOUR CAMP. This Plunderer will most likely go for the nearest treasure and will kill your score pretty quickly. If you see ANY mobs run towards you except for the Plunderer, turn around and run behind the rock.

My build was 30/20/0/0/20. Thinking about it though, I should have went 20/20/0/0/30 for Scope. Key traits including Sitting Duck, Hair Trigger, and Static Discharge. I put Power Wrench in there for a shorter pull. I used full Berserkers except one Valkyrie Accessory and a PVT back piece. Full ruby orbs. I used Truffle Steak and Quality Maintenance Oils.

in Engineer

Posted by: Drakkon.4782

Drakkon.4782

You are not alone. I can admirably make it through almost to the end, but after ten tries this morning, I gave up and went to bed. Looking for a group of people there now, mostly because I like the company, but also because I’m just trying to get the last achieve for Evon support so I can get my mini-Evon. Can probably duo it nicely. I’ll have a posting up on GW2LFG for it when I start looking.

“People don’t hate Scarlet the way Game of Thrones
fans hate Joffrey. They hate her the way Star Wars
fans hate Jar Jar Binks.”-not a direct quote, but still true.

in Engineer

Posted by: Mizstik.1736

Mizstik.1736

Just barely finished T4 today with this build:

30/10/0/0/30 (5s cripple on immobilize)
rifle + sigil of fire
elixir U, elixir C, slick shoes

The main trick is, whenever mobs spawn near the exit side (at least halfway between the treasures and the exit), immediately stop attacking anything and run, even if it’s plunderer with gold. It’s very important that the just-spawn mobs do not attack you, then they will run all the way to the treasures and stop being a threat. Use super speed for this.

If you aggro them even a little (by continuing to attack plunderers as the new mobs spawn), they will hang around the middle instead and will return to attack you whenever you try to attack the plunderers. Eventually it becomes unmanageable at the end. It’s better to just lose the treasure while they spawn. But if you’re lucky, the timing will be good and you won’t lose any treasure.

Still, at around 1:30 this becomes impossible so just dodge/heal/elixir C while sniping the plunderers. Use elixir U on the plunderer that goes to the near exit. Slick shoes when things get messy.

in Engineer

Penguin.5197

Sigil of restoration or the food equivalent is wonderful for getting gold I use it when I feel like getting gold in tier 2