Cavalier vs Celestial

Cavalier vs Celestial

in Engineer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

The build that I prefer the most for engineer is 2/4/2/6 HGH, flamethrower and elixirs because it has a little bit of everything. I currently use celestial and hoelbrak. If I went with cavalier then I would use lyssa runes.

Sometimes I play around with bombs and/or elixir gun because they’re good, but I don’t really like either of them.

Which is better for damage and survivability? Cavalier or celestial?

Cavalier vs Celestial

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

Damage: Celestial.
Survivability: Celestial and Cavalier are about even.

Cavalier has as mainstat Toughness (which is great) but it gives just a little bit of power and critical damage which you can’t use at all due to lack in precision. Celestial gives you vitality, toughness and healing power. Assuming you run backpack regenerator, you can make some strong use out of that healing power and the additional vitality and toughness is enough to make up for any lack of defense in comparison to Cavalier.

Also, why Lyssa runes? That’s really not a good choice for the Engineer. Hoelbrak runes are by far better than Lyssa runes.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

Cavalier vs Celestial

in Engineer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’d keep the Celestial, personally. Engi and Ele are honestly two of the best classes to use Celestial gear, simply because they can make use of all the stats equally. Both can also pull some nice Might stacking, which cranks up both Power and Condition Damage in a scrap. You’d lose some Toughness compared to Cavalier, but the other benefits will keep you running pretty well.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Cavalier vs Celestial

in Engineer

Posted by: JEFFARR.8163

JEFFARR.8163

Celestial not calv
15 chars