Celebrating my 30.000th kill (solo wvw video)

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

yes, I know, 30.000 isn’t really that much. I’m still happy with it considering I never run in groups bigger than 5 :p

only 220k left for title!!

build: http://tinyurl.com/kzrc9es

previous videos: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

enjoy!

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

(edited by Maskaganda.2043)

in Engineer

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Wow, you dropped that Norn Engie with 3 moves haha. Great video as always. You’re so good at keeping outside of people. I tend to allow myself to get caught inside which leads to problems when facing multiple opponents. You do a great job of keeping on the outside. Like the group you hit at the tower. They were chasing you and then Elixir S > evade backwards… now you’ve flipped the script on them… followed that up with a supply crate drop. Just brilliant juking there. I need to get better at that sort of play.

PS Grats on 30k kills! It’s about 25k more than I have! Haha.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

(edited by BrimstoneAshe.5043)

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I have SO been trying to avoid going the HGH route. You don’t make it any easier….

Congrats.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Another great video! I’ve run your old build for a few months now, and somehow I rarely win 1v1s, let alone 1v2+s, even back before the April patch. It’s obviously a PEBKAC thing. But I’m curious about a couple things.

1) How do you think your old build stacks up against your new build given the changes to IP and and confusion. I mean obviously the older build does less damage than it used to, but do you consider it inferior to your new build?

2) Your videos are obviously your successful fights, but how much of the time are your fights unsuccessful? How often do you bail on fights that aren’t going your way?

3) How are you so awesome!?!?

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I just want to know which Dye you got around 2:30?

Always entertaining and informative, and thanks for the Iggy Pop.

And congrats on 30k!

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

You’re so good at keeping outside of people. I tend to allow myself to get caught inside which leads to problems when facing multiple opponents. You do a great job of keeping on the outside. Like the group you hit at the tower. They were chasing you and then Elixir S > evade backwards… now you’ve flipped the script on them… followed that up with a supply crate drop. Just brilliant juking there. I need to get better at that sort of play.

PS Grats on 30k kills! It’s about 25k more than I have! Haha.

I usually run with a small group, never more than 5. We go up against anything, even 50+ blobs. The only reason we manage to do it and stay alive most of the times is we keep on the fringes all the time. when they chase us, we kite away. when they blob up again, we bite their ankles once more. Thats why you see me staying in the outside even when solo, because in my group when someone commits to a fight and stays in the middle of the zerg (or someone from the zerg gets swarmed by us), it usually means he wont survive for long.

I have SO been trying to avoid going the HGH route. You don’t make it any easier….

HGH is just a trait. You can avoid it with this same build as long as you prepare for the inevitable drop in damage. You will get something else instead and there are plenty of decent options available. the only things vital for this build are: hair trigger for fast condition re-application, fast acting elixirs, 30 points in alchemy for that extra boon duration. everything else should depend on your preference, if you don’t like or need hgh, then don’t use it :p

1) How do you think your old build stacks up against your new build given the changes to IP and and confusion. I mean obviously the older build does less damage than it used to, but do you consider it inferior to your new build?

2) Your videos are obviously your successful fights, but how much of the time are your fights unsuccessful? How often do you bail on fights that aren’t going your way?

3) How are you so awesome!?!?

1) I don’t consider any of my builds inferior to others I made. they are just different. this one is the tankiest I’ve been with this sort of builds although it also has the lowest hp pool. I could still go alot more tankier with a couple of traits changed if I wanted to, but the damage output would suffer.
I tried to show in this vid that confusion still instagibs unprepared players, just as before, but my main source of damage now is burning.

2) since I moved to this build I lost one 1v1 in wvw. it was a d/d ele which I had beaten before (I have it recorded, it was a pretty good fight) who caught me off guard after I had escaped a large group. I didnt have supply crate or elixir S ready, he caught me in a cc+burst chain and I couldn’t recover.
I go in to every 1v2 with absolute confidence I can win, provided I get the jump on them. Sometimes I don’t win 1v2s and I have to remind myself I shouldnt be winning them most of the times anyway. the good thing is, when I see it doesn’t go my way, I can always escape or bid for time and try again.
I tried my best to avoid showing “pure” 1v2 fights in this vid because I win them so often I don’t find them entertaining to watch. I ended up choosing that last fight because it was the only thing I had that didn’t require a new song midway through it :p
also keep in mind that I don’t run solo amuch anymore. when with my group I can go for hours without a death. alone I die more often, bit it usually takes alot of effort to bring me down. I find myself getting invited to enemy parties all the time so they ask me how the hell is an engineer pulling that off.

corrupt boon + terror necros still have potential to destroy me in 3 keystrokes tho.

3)lol :p I eat alot of fruit!

@mister mustard, I think it’s something like “midnight purple”. I’ll check the name when I log in.

thanks everyone^^

engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

in Engineer

Posted by: ATourist.8359

ATourist.8359

That was a very entertaining video. Can someone experienced break down the strengths of this build for me? I understand that it applies conditions a lot, but I thought the pistol and toolkit are mainly single target weapons. However I guess I’m wrong because from the video in my 1vx scenarios I see that the other guys chasing after him were already half hp by the time he’s downed one of their comrades.

On another note OP, which class/build do you have most trouble with? Do you duel often?

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

the strengths are having extreme condition damage while having decent direct damage and still managin to be tanky due to boons always being up and alot of escape/immunity mechanisms.
pistol (#1,#3, #4) is decent at aoe damage even without coated bullets, but the reason you see some of the guys at low hp before I even target them is mainly due to retaliation or p3 bouncing around to someone in the back.

I guess d/d eles and corrupt boon+terror necros give me most trouble, d/d ele fights can go both ways, I dueled players like Intigo and it was 50/50, he won a majority of fights after switching to lemongrass food but before that I had the upper hand.

corrupt boon necros are tough because the condition overload is too much too handle with 409 and they can chain 2 fears (3, if they convert my stability )+ a daze while everything ticks away. with elixir C slotted in, it becomes easier, without it very hard. corrupt boon is also an instant cast and unblockable which makes it tough to counter it. even if I don’t use any elixirs, elixir B will kick in at 75%.
other than that, good mesmers and permasteath thieves can be annoying or take a while to deeat but I generally do not die to them.
and yes, I duel often.

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

“HGH is just a trait. You can avoid it with this same build as long as you prepare for the inevitable drop in damage…..”

How much would you say Might contributes to your Condi Damage? Since it does affect it.

My main objection to HGH is that I (personally) don’t want to have to monitor boons – it just doesn’t fit my own play style. But you are putting out a Condi Damage-per-Tick that is just devastating and impressive.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eviator.9746

Eviator.9746

Looking at the numbers max might stacks seems to give him 200 to 300 extra DPS. Not substantial if one is giving up a fair amount of survivability. But his build isn’t just about the might. He wants boon duration for the other boons too, and HGH synergizes with that. If you don’t want to monitor boons, an elixir-based build definitely doesn’t make sense.

Sheldor the Eidetic (Group Engi) | Shorty McShinkicker (Solo Engi) |Turanga (Solo Mes)
Doing what I can for DB during EU primetime

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Remember all those threads claiming post-nerf confusion damage was now a non-factor in WvW? Yeah, neither do I.

I’m actually pretty surprised you didn’t go down in some of those fights. Just proof that a single skill misplacement can cost you a fight.

You’re using sigil of battle instead of sigil of strength, right? I think it’s just set incorrectly in your build link.

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

“HGH is just a trait. You can avoid it with this same build as long as you prepare for the inevitable drop in damage…..”

How much would you say Might contributes to your Condi Damage? Since it does affect it.

My main objection to HGH is that I (personally) don’t want to have to monitor boons – it just doesn’t fit my own play style. But you are putting out a Condi Damage-per-Tick that is just devastating and impressive.

if I’m not mistaken 20 stacks of might gives me something like +40 damage per tick on bleeds, +80 on poison. not sure about burning.
it is alot of damage, not denying that, but there are other options available, u’d just be tankier. ofc, playing an elixir build means you’ll be monitoring boons all the time, but even then, might from hgh is the one you have to worry about the less.

Remember all those threads claiming post-nerf confusion damage was now a non-factor in WvW? Yeah, neither do I.

I’m actually pretty surprised you didn’t go down in some of those fights. Just proof that a single skill misplacement can cost you a fight.

You’re using sigil of battle instead of sigil of strength, right? I think it’s just set incorrectly in your build link.

as I said back then, good players will actually take confusion damage now because its “manageable”, before the nerf they wouldn’t take any because they’d do everything to avoid it. As for worse or distracted players… they still kill themselves almost just as fast.

I chose a couple of fights where I was close to death to make it more fun to watch, the key here is the timing of my disengagements. a second later and I would be dead, but I could also have disengaged some seconds earlier and not risk it so much (or kill anyone).

and yes, I’m using sigil of battle, it’s corrected now, thanks for noticing.

in Engineer

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

Hey, nice vid as usual, grats.
A question: why no condition duration?

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

thanks
I do run with condition duration, +50%. 10% from explosives, 40% from rare veggie pizza.

in Engineer

Posted by: AryasRevenge.3175

AryasRevenge.3175

There i was happy with my 18k when suddendly 30k ftw. Gratz, parabens.

Challange accepted!

in Engineer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Pistol Range and Piercing, I guess you must miss them…Reason I ask is I like WvW and half the time I follow a zerg and the other half I go alone to supply camps and just can’t figure out the pros and cons between your current build and the one you stared with that had range and piercing.

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

I don’t really miss the range but I do miss coated bullets some times. Last couple of days I was playing my necro, small group against the zerg and I was so happy when our enemies all clumped up to ress and I just dropped marks on them. I miss doing that with my engie build.
if the leaked patch notes are real, I might switch back to coated bullets.

in Engineer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Drop grenades on them instead =D

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

in Engineer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

Are your purposely using a sup monk and major monk for the +healing or is this site not right and you are using it for the boon duration?

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

Are your purposely using a sup monk and major monk for the +healing or is this site not right and you are using it for the boon duration?

boon duration

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

Congrats bro!

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

in Engineer

Posted by: koopatroopa.5360

koopatroopa.5360

boon duration

I figured as much. Silly website.

I absolutely love this build by the way. It made me shelve my necro for the time being. Can’t even attempt the things I can do on the engi than I could on my necro.

in Engineer

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

30.000 is only 30.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Engineer

Posted by: LOLLAVZZI.3580

LOLLAVZZI.3580

30.000 is only 30.

You know not everyone uses the “.” as the decimal point right?

The Tekno Viking – 80 Guardian
Tchuu Tchuu Im a Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in Engineer

Maskaganda.2043

my pocket guardian is so awesome he even defends me at the forums. I just saw aegis pop up.