Changes over the last six months?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hartham.9620

Hartham.9620

Why hello there,

I have not played this game for around six months and am wondering if there were any changes to the engineer, and were they for nerfing or buffing?

in Engineer

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

• Engineers were consider OP for a while.
  • Granade dmg was reduced for Auto attack
  • Turrets got minor buffs
  • Kit refinement was reworked into a completely new trait.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

Wow..

Where to start.

Engineer’s are able to use on-swap sigils now with kits, and all sigils carry their effects over. This created huge new possibilities for Engineers.

Elixir based, might stacking Engineers reigned supreme since January-ish. Link below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/List-of-my-TPvP-engi-builds/first

The 100nade build was birthed, and then died. It was pretty amazeballs, and still fills me with warm fuzzies. Link below – it’s an artifact in the GW2 history now though.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Five-Gauge-s-100nade-Guide/first

Now, healing turret has been buffed to provide adequate condition removal, and has given rise to many variations of double kit condi-nade builds.

That sums up the important things. Engineers are in the upper tier when it comes to tPvP godliness, not due to massive buffs, but just because players are learning to maximizing grenades now (lawl).

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Last two posts sum it up pretty well.

I don’t know about ‘reign supreme’, but Engies were definitely amazing in sPvP, and still quite good now.

Sadly, aside from fixing the sigils (which should have been working from release), it feels very much like we’re on the same path as the elementalist. And they just took it hard in the last patch.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

Elixir based, might stacking Engineers reigned supreme since January-ish. Link below:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/List-of-my-TPvP-engi-builds/first

If he played six+ months ago then he’d recognize elixir builds, they’ve reigned supreme since launch. What changed in january was the HgH buff, and people finally learning to use runes to maximize their engineer builds (ie might stacking/boon stacking).

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

If he played six+ months ago then he’d recognize elixir builds, they’ve reigned supreme since launch. What changed in january was the HgH buff, and people finally learning to use runes to maximize their engineer builds (ie might stacking/boon stacking).

On Dec26th patch, HgH was buffed and we received sigil of battle. Might stacking runes before this date were not worth it, it’s not a matter of ‘finally learning’. They were crap before you had sigil of battle.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

in Engineer

Posted by: JohnDied.3476

JohnDied.3476

I know mate, sigil of battle is great for the might stacking and a must for those builds now. Although I’d have to argue over it being the reason the engineer boon duration builds started. If I remember correctly it was Mask that made those popular (roughly some weeks before +might duration caught on) and he didn’t begin with a sigil of battle.

Mind you I don’t argue who invented things. I doubt Mask was the first to come up with boon duration on engineers, especially since elementalists had been doing this for months. I also don’t argue that +boon duration builds came before +might duration builds, I’m just saying which exploded first in the community. If I had to guess which became (way) more popular than the other, I’d say +might duration won out in the long run.