Charr Racials, all Engy's should have them.

in Engineer

Posted by: FiftyTwoBears.5482

FiftyTwoBears.5482

I was reading around and found out that Charr Racials allowed any profession to use a Charzooka, which is pretty much a kitten Bazooka, and also call in an artillery strike.

and WHAT’S THIS?! HIDDEN PISTOL?! SHRAPNEL MINES?!

Come on ArenaNet, I feel like this is all pretty Engineer stuff, pretty kitten Engineering.

Why can’t the other 4 races run around with an awesome bazooka or call in an airstrike?!

in Engineer

Posted by: FiftyTwoBears.5482

FiftyTwoBears.5482

Come on nobody agrees with me?

and while I’m at it, give us a Sniper Kit and an Iron Man suit Kit already

in Engineer

Posted by: otherdeadangel.6354

otherdeadangel.6354

Thats one of the main reasons i made a female charr engineer.. love the Shrapnel mine.. 20 sec cooldown and useing condition build with pistol.. and flamethrower.. it just great..
and hidden pistol is also great.. stacks fire and bleed pritty good.. and is a monster when the engineer is powerbased

in Engineer

Posted by: LegoTechnic.5910

LegoTechnic.5910

You may as well ask for all engineers to be able to summon a robotic golem like Asura, especially since any player who happens to click on it can pilot it regardless of race. I’m sure if they wanted to Rangers could make a similar argument for something like the Hounds of Balthazar or the Norn beast transformations as well.

Sure having the racial abilities would be nice, but they’re still all for flavor. In both Charr and Asura society everyone has at least a little bit of familiarity with engineering even if it’s not their profession, just as all humans are apparently devout god-worshippers, all Sylvari knowledgeable of plants (obviously), and all Norns able to transform into some type of lycanthropic beast. So the kitties get basic mines and fire support to fit their origins, the Asura their mecha, and the Humans their flaming terror dogs.

in Engineer

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Artillery Strike currently, is a waste of an elite skill. It does very poor damage… And has a very short range to cast (450) on an immense cooldown. I’m pretty sure that the Grenade kit utility Barrage does more damage, with well over double the range on a 30 second cooldown…

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: NeryK.5301

NeryK.5301

Also, charrzooka does not fit at all with kits-based gameplay (need to switch kits a lot). If it behaved like a kit during its 60 seconds or 15 shots duration I would consider using it, but not as it is right now.

I like this job. I like it !

in Engineer

Halcyon.7352

Also, charrzooka does not fit at all with kits-based gameplay (need to switch kits a lot). If it behaved like a kit during its 60 seconds or 15 shots duration I would consider using it, but not as it is right now.

Agreed. At the very least, make it re-equipable during it’s duration, it can’t be that difficult. I don’t ever use it either.

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

The human racial toolkit abilities are pretty cool. The heal skill is a classic AoE immediate heal!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

What about dat hidden pistol toolbelt. Now I can do thief unload to make full use of quip (if i ever get it).

in Engineer

Halcyon.7352

What about dat hidden pistol toolbelt. Now I can do thief unload to make full use of quip (if i ever get it).

Eh… Thieves can do it 3+ times. Granted, without the evade utility… But thieves aren’t exactly lacking those.

Still, glad my Engi’s a Charr!

For the toast!

in Engineer

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

Eh… Thieves can do it 3+ times. Granted, without the evade utility… But thieves aren’t exactly lacking those.

Still, glad my Engi’s a Charr!

You don’t use quip to fight, you use it to party! We don’t need to use unload 3 times when we can follow up with grandes, bombs, rockets, tiny flamethrowers, and general chaos. Heck, engineers feel like half their gadgets are made of duct tape and dreams and I like it.

in Engineer

Posted by: Poizie.5187

Poizie.5187

who doesnt like dropping supply crates on peoples heads? ill keep my crate

variations of Poiz – Talons [BT] – Fort Aspenwood

in Engineer

Posted by: mamourrir.9641

mamourrir.9641

Racial skills are all underpowered. So who cares ?

in Engineer

Posted by: Grugosh.6471

Grugosh.6471

Hidden pistol is absolutely doing fine with the tool belt skill in a static Discharge build!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mr International.3715

Mr International.3715

why cant this game be sci fi instead of fantasy? Arenanet, do something about that