MattressDrayke.9318

I want to make a engineer but im not sure what race to make it

suggestions?
( based on lore, how it looks etc..)

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Unhinged Carrot.3849

Unhinged Carrot.3849

I had this dilemma myself. I rolled Asura at launch, got about halfway to 80, made a Charr, leveled that completely, and then ended up back at Asura. So I now have both at level 80 and play both, but my main is my Asura.

Lore-wise both make sense as Engineers, although the tech employed by Engineers in GW2 is primarily of Charr origin, so Charr make the most sense. I personally prefer the visuals of Asura paired with Engineer, though. A further advantage of Asura is that with the much smaller character models in game, if you’re playing PvP, your kit-swaps are less immediately obvious to your opponent.

Zobb – Asura Engineer – Seafarer’s Rest

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I asked myself the same question about 2 years ago. So I tried and start with charr, stopping midway at level 40-50 and then tried with an asura.

In the end I choose asura. Why? aesthetic. Hobosac are less of an eyesore on asura then on charr.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I have a lv80 Asura engi, now I’m considering levelling a Charr after playing it in PvP. I kinda like the hobosacks (I know I’m in a minority here), and while it’s an advantage in PvP for Asura to have hard to see animations/kit swaps I kinda prefer being able to see them myself. Charr has more armor options imo too, and mine has bits of pipe sticking out of his head which is very engi like. so I’m doing the opposite of the guys above lol.

Best advice would be to play both races in PvP for a while and see which one feels better.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Charr. Asura is focused on magitech, and the engineer’s tech is based on the Charr.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds