Charr or Asura engineer?

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Im looking to create a new character, an engineer. Either Charr or Asura only because I have not really played either of them yet.

How does the medium gear(i.e. trench coats, hats, etc) look on either of them? How do they look throwing grenades?

Thoughts?

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadow of Azrael.1205

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Charr are over 9000 times more b a d kitten than those ugly dwarfs!

(edited by Shadow of Azrael.1205)

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Charr – it makes no sense that a high techonigy asura weas those kits.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Charr – it makes no sense that a high techonigy asura weas those kits.

asura tech is magic-tech but the NPC in the black citadel confirms that charr tech is new to asura when he can’t figure out how charr tech works without magic. And a-net has confirmed that the new Iron Legion charr tech is spreading to other races because of how effective it is.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

I’m just talking about the visual :P They got everything geometric and with those lights and stuff. And a wooden, iron kit just doesn’t fit to be honest.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Llanowar.1603

Llanowar.1603

I play an Asura engineer, and I will say that if you are looking to have cool looking armor/show off you weapons then Asura Engineer is the worst possible combination. A lot of the medium armor looks weird on Asura, and due to our size you can hardly see our weapons.

That being said I have found combinations that work. I am currently wearing the Magitech armor skin from the gem store and using the Azure Cannon rifle skin (which is a cool magic looking rifle skin) And it looks pretty sweet.

I’m not at home right now or I’d post a screen shot. Personally I dislike the char character models but I know that I’m the majority in my opinion.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Brew Pinch.5731

Brew Pinch.5731

The class feels very “Charr” and their voices/attitude are more appealing in my opinion.

Charr have massive issues aesthetically, however.
From backpiece issues to horrendous clipping/warping on armour, Charr are generally unpleasant to look at.

If I had the abilityto change race, I would in a heartbeat. I thought things would improve our at least new armour would fit, but every set released since launch has been hideous.

The aesthetic issues will get to you eventually, trust me.

ANet have mentioned nothing regarding effort towards fixing these issues other than to say that Charr is the least popular race, thus not worth the effort.

I doubt things will change any time soon.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Dustfinger.9510

Absolutely! Asura tech is definatlly geometric with lights. However, all playable engineers specialize in charr tech.

I have both a charr and an asura engineer. I embraced the lore of asura delving into charr tech so he has a steam-punk look. I tried to give him an adventuring feel to demonstrate the type of personality that would seek out a foreign technology.

Attachments:

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

It just … doesnt … fit

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Regarding asura and small gear/weapons: This is the primary reason I never chose smaller races in other MMOs, like gnomes or dwarves in WoW. I guess Im not lookin to be ‘boss’ looking with my engineer, because medium armor is teh pits in this game. But I just dont want to look silly either.

Regarding Charr: I dislike the ’ on all fours’ running animation they have, and they do have aesthetic issues of their own. I cannot see a Charr with a hat on or whatever. Or a face mask. Just looks funny to me.

I chose Asura. So far so good.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

If you’ve ever played an asura and you have jumped around, you will never want to play another race again.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

This^

Also you get rid of griding just for cosmetics. Which can be good or bad

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

If you’ve ever played an asura and you have jumped around, you will never want to play another race again.

If you are referring to doing jumping puzzels I would have to disagree and say that it just depends on the race you have used the most that the jumps will seem most natural and the easiest, but if you are talking about the way they jump just for moving around and their evades how they look I would have to agree they are pretty neat. Disclaimer: This all being said, I main a charr engineer.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hawks.5736

Hawks.5736

I think Charr, especially with their racials and cultural technology. Make the smallest Charr you can so the running doesnt look like youre floating around, and see how it feels.

I cant get in to Asura personally. Even if they made some sort of Technomage class that fit them, I would likely make a Human one. Thats just me though.

Dexson

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Shadow of Azrael.1205

I cannot see a Charr with a hat on or whatever. Or a face mask. Just looks funny to me.

Monocle looks fine and gasmask looks awesome.

Attachments:

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Dustfinger.9510

That ^ does look pretty awesome!

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Asura. Most armor looks awful on Charr. I’ll admit, the gasmask looks better on Charr than Asura though. But the kits look better on Asura. Also, Charr run on all fours….ugh.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: HITACHI.5164

HITACHI.5164

most of armour look of charrs are better than asura, if hide the helmet, but not include headband, goggles

Attachments:

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Shadow of Azrael.1205

Also, Charr run on all fours….ugh.

They dont if you use skills which means they run 99% of time on two legs.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

gas mask skin look good on charr

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

When fighting, sure. But open world & WvW roaming, ugh all fours.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Shadow of Azrael.1205

You should use skills to buff swiftness even out of combat.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Or switch kits for swiftness, wich prevents them from paw-movement too :P

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

Glad I picked charr

Attachments:

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Xyonon.3987

Change the gloves and I like it

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Patxiku.9312

Patxiku.9312

I agree, It happened to me. Engineer may look more charr-ish but Asura is always the best race to choose, In my opinion of course

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

Regarding the clipping issues with armor, Anet has been updating armor sets so charr tails don’t clip so horribly, adding holes or flaps which is nice. Not all of them are updated but they’re doing it slowly.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Penguin.5197

Penguin.5197

Pick charr.

Attachments:

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: lLobo.7960

lLobo.7960

Charr can look more engi (with the look on kits and turrets) and it can look quite bad-kitten
But as a big character it makes hard to do some JP and makes you more visible on large battles (WvW).
Most armors dont look so good on charr.

Asura can be a fun engi to play with.
They look nice on most engi armors (magitech, T2 – T3 Cultural, Aetherblade…), you can use the kits without looking stupid and super-wepon skins look great (and sound funny) on them.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: cmud.5689

cmud.5689

If you are referring to doing jumping puzzels I would have to disagree and say that it just depends on the race you have used the most that the jumps will seem most natural and the easiest, but if you are talking about the way they jump just for moving around and their evades how they look I would have to agree they are pretty neat. Disclaimer: This all being said, I main a charr engineer.

You can literally wait for me to come home and post THE most silly-to-look at pictures of my charr’s point of view while doing jumping puzzles. There is nothing you get used to when the camera zooms in 200% and you feel like in an FPS shooter each time a rock chills up your head and you get trolled by the cam XDD

Anyway, Charr are my favs. There is simply a great feel playing with them.

banished from time and space

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Asura has more of a cute factor, charr have more of a beast factor as far as looks go.

Asura are smaller and their animations aren’t as broadcast and aren’t as visible in general (pvp/wvw).

I also prefer the aura animations.

I actually like the on all fours run on Charr and wish I got to see it more. Sure I could switch back to a non-kit and then put the weapons away, but it’s kind of a hassle every 5 seconds.

My Charr Eng is the only non-female human/non-asura I have.

This is all just personal pref in the end.

I have both a Charr and Asura Eng btw (and am very happy that I won’t have to stick with just one of them anymore in WvW with the upcoming changes)

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: SmoothHussler.6387

SmoothHussler.6387

WoW has an upcoming expansion which will improve character models. I’ve seen many complaints about charr and asuras. Anet will hopefully do something about this in future.

Maguuma: Thug Life: [DERP][ME][PYRO] and other assorted dead guilds.

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Stanucz.3267

Stanucz.3267

Very happy with my Asura Engineeer. Amor fits great and lots of sets look pretty nice. The only complaint above I could see sharing is “small weapon skins”. It’s pretty difficult to fully appreciate the eye candy of some weapons.

I had the trouble with the aesthetic of an Asura Engineer as some above did as well, but quickly got over it. There are parallels to the debate between all the various races. Should Sylvari only wear their little twig & leaf armor sets in order to “feel right”?

There are plenty of ways to explain it away story-wise.

Harkucz Eymund

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

When fighting, sure. But open world & WvW roaming, ugh all fours.

srsly, just use a skill now and then while running. your char will draw his/her weapon and run on two legs.
four legged run is really not difficult to avoid at all.

or use the “draw/sheathe weapon”-key

Monocle looks fine and gasmask looks awesome.

oh kitten , i need this thing! looks awesome indeed.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Charr or Asura engineer?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thaladred.1406

Thaladred.1406

With a kit equipped you don’t have to run on all fours at all, makes it easy to avoid that but I never got what was so wrong with it, it was actually one of the reasons I picked charr because of the way they ran