Charr or Asura?

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Splatter.2169

Splatter.2169

On a whim I created a charr engineer named Mangled Southpaw. I had no idea I would like the eng so much. Then I made an Asura called Spllatt that I’m also enjoying. No reason to level both but the problem is I can’t decide which I like best! What would you do?

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: BakBakaa.2453

BakBakaa.2453

I have played both and ended up loving my charr. Asura have great animations but their armor is small and weapons barely show. I have had issues with the camera on asura as well (good luck seeing anything in downed state). It all depends on your preference and how you envision your character. I love the charr lore and characters but cant say I don’t miss my little mad scientist asura from time to time. Go with what makes you happy.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thiggs.5984

Thiggs.5984

I did the same thing and ended up sticking with my Charr. The tech seems to match Charr tech better than Asura tech to me. Which racials do you like more? I was stoked about the power suit until I actually used it – fail… Either way is good though. Whatever floats your boat and toots your horn.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

eh.. prepare to be frustrated if you need to do any jumping puzzles or the jumping stuff in dungeons as a char.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Thiggs.5984

Thiggs.5984

Why? I do jumping puzzles just fine on my Charr.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Human.
On a more serious note, when picking between the two, i’d go Charr. Asura are good, but your gear won’t really stand out on such a small character.
A large portion of endgame is about obtaining good looking gear that you can show off, and Charr would be a good choice for that.
Or perhaps you don’t care for endgame looks, in which case i’d pick Asura.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Definitely charr. They look fricken beastly. Asura I could punt 40 yards.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I tried an asura, but they just don’t look right as an engineer, to me. Kinda goofy. They make better spellcasters, charr make better “heavy”-looking professions like warrior and engineer.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I like the Sylvari skills. Take Root is an AMAZING shill, and Vine Shield (tool belt of Grasping Roots) is incredibly useful for blocking!

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: HenryAu.7523

HenryAu.7523

Asura for sure. How can you not like an asura performing rifle 4 against a doyak?

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: AlphaDuck.7592

AlphaDuck.7592

Race choice really doesn’t have that big of an impact on actual gameplay, all the racial skills are pretty weak. Just choose based on which you like best by lore, looks, personal story, how you like to RP, etc. I made an asura just because I was able to make her look like a bunny

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Peaz.4361

Peaz.4361

Asura, Pain inverter and Radiation field
I did an amazing amount of damage to the Fire elemental meta boss in Metrica Province
admittedly as a level 23.

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Haralin.1473

Haralin.1473

Asura best animation in game and with culture armor and weapon it is the hightech guy in a fantasy world

Haralin Engineer
[Skol]

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I’d have to say Charr since my own Charr Engineer uses the Racial Toolbelt Skill of Dual Pistols as a main part of my bread ‘n butter dps output. However it’s really up to you.

The camera angles are noticeably different between Charr and Asura. They have different Dodge animations, which can really make a difference to people. (PvPers tend to have a thing against the Asura’s animation since you can visually track their flipping jump arc and predict where they’ll land. Ironically this is why I love Asura for PvE.)

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Splatter.2169

Splatter.2169

I like them both, ended up choosing the charr though!

Charr or Asura?

in Engineer

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Asura best animation in game and with culture armor and weapon it is the hightech guy in a fantasy world

That is why I made my Asuran Engineer. To my great disappointment the machiones you built as an asuran is still handcranked and extremely LOW tech. really messed up the high tech feel of an asuran.

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969