Condi removal :(

in Engineer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

So I’m pretty new to engi and I’ve play the 4/2/0/6/2 condi bomb/tool/elixer gun build and I like it a lot but ever time when I die it’s either burning or bleeding which has killed me.
How do you experienced engis deal with this?

The only condi removal is 2 from healing turret and 20% chance from auto attack though light field. I don’t want to change my build too much…. But I want to get rid of those pesky condi’s.
As a necro I never had these problems :P

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

What I run in my usual condition damage spec is:

• The Healing Turret which removes two conditions every 15-20 seconds.
  • The Elixir Gun’s super elixir which removes one condition every 20 seconds.
  • The Sigil of Cleansing which removes one condition every 9 seconds. (on weapon swap)
  • Transmute, which gives me immunity to one condition every 15 seconds and grants me a boon.

I also run Antitoxin runes to lower the duration of the conditions. That’s all I got and too be honest it’s plenty, you just have to manage it all a little bit more than with a Necro as a necro has a ton of condition removal.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

in Engineer

Posted by: Mister Fluffkin.7358

Mister Fluffkin.7358

Your EG #5 removes 1 condition right on impact, lot of people dont know this because its not mentioned in the description(at least not in the german one, dunno about the english). Plus you can projectile finish in the combofield afterwards to remove even more condis as you mentioned.

But in PvE, im honestly fine with the condition remove of healing turret in 99% of time. You usually dont need any more removes, but if you do in certain situations, EG #5 should be enough. There arent many conditions in PvE, specially dps ones.

For PvP(dunno whats your post about) youre right, engi is lacking condition remove. But thats something we have to deal with, picking more condi remove(i.e. Elixier C or CF 409) will make your build much less competetive than dealing with the fact that this is our biggest weakness. Better take sigil of generosity instead if you think you need to, so you arent crippling your build this way.

(edited by Mister Fluffkin.7358)

in Engineer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

Ok thanks guys. Yes this is for PvP so a lot more condi’s.
En Ik zal wel jouw build uitproberen wolfar

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Engineer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Hey Holl thing with engi they are weak to conditions. They also dont have many Okitten skills to get them out of trouble. You really have to be very aware and play preemptively when its come to your damage control.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Engineer

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Though it’s not used as much in PvP engineers also have a toolbelt skill to transform conditions into boons although i forgot it’s name i do use it in some fractils (Especially collosus)

in Engineer

Posted by: Twigifire.8379

Twigifire.8379

I run a hgh build. Not really much problems with conditions since you can a good sustained condi clear with the formula 409 trait

in Engineer

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Engis are just weak to conditions! You just have to deal with it or hope Anet wises up! Considering how stubborn they are Vee Wee doubts that will happen! The best way to deal with it is to really learn how to use the Healing Turret effectively! It’s very situational but you’ll want to clear the really damaging conditions off immediately! Long lasting burn, poison, chill, and weakness are the ones that Vee Wee tries to clear ASAP! You can take Elixir Gun for an extra condition removed every 20 seconds! It’s not the best but it helps plus it really adds to your sustsain if you stand on it!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in Engineer

Posted by: Nano.3706

Nano.3706

+ don´t waste your tool tb against condis (100% Projectile Finisher)…

in Engineer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

Engis are just weak to conditions! You just have to deal with it or hope Anet wises up! Considering how stubborn they are Vee Wee doubts that will happen! The best way to deal with it is to really learn how to use the Healing Turret effectively! It’s very situational but you’ll want to clear the really damaging conditions off immediately! Long lasting burn, poison, chill, and weakness are the ones that Vee Wee tries to clear ASAP! You can take Elixir Gun for an extra condition removed every 20 seconds! It’s not the best but it helps plus it really adds to your sustsain if you stand on it!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

necro is weak to cc and I don’t see anet fixing that any time soon so why should you get you’re weakness removed -.-

in Engineer

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

Wahoo! Bye frands!

necro is weak to cc and I don’t see anet fixing that any time soon so why should you get you’re weakness removed -.-

Bitter necro tears, yum!!! Kidding aside, I actually agree with you… with the way this game is currently balanced every class should have an achilles heel.

in Engineer

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

If you read any of Vee Wee’s Engineer suggestions from like months ago, Vee Wee suggested more condi clears outside of the meta builds! That means you’d have to sacrifice some sustain, or damage, or swiftness or utilities, or whatever to get extra condi clear! The only condi clears Engis have right now are terrible! Of course the only replies Vee Wee got were “Nyah! Well Vee Wee if Engis get more condi removal, they would have to sacrifice things like sustain, or damage, or swiftness, or utilities, or whatever! Nyah” It’s as if they can’t read! Oh well! That’s what Vee Wee gets when Vee Wee tries to discuss balance with hotjoiners or WvWers!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in Engineer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

With my build, I got very little condi removal, so if I face something like a nerco, I would use my numerous knock backs, interrupts or blocks to control the target, failing that I run away.
Especially necros because they are slow as a drunk puppy.

in Engineer

Posted by: Eastcorn.5901

Eastcorn.5901

Well, they tried with AED. Removes all damaging conditions when it procs. It’s still crap though. I mean, a 40s CD? The toolblet skill is melee range and single target…

Meanwhile, healing turret can get me 2 condition clears every 30 seconds, two sources of regen and a water field to blast.

Yep.

in Engineer

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Heavy condi pressure classes = run and ignore. We are not made to combat them. Same with those hammer or fear spammers. Waste of time, unfair fight, dont bother.

in Engineer

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Personally I find hammer guard/war ridiculously easy to destroy. Generally for me, transmute alone makes terror spammers easy as well. Now when they spam the other conditions or send mine back to me, I definitely need to get out of there.

in Engineer

Posted by: chungiee.8764

chungiee.8764

Personally, I deal with Condis but taking Automated Response + Runes of Hoelbrak/Melandru. In conjunction with Runes of Battle, this forms the base of the meta Celestial Engineer build and is one of the main reasons I avoid playing a Condi build.

I think you will just have to adjust your play style to avoid focused pressure and use HT/Shield 4 + Smoke Bomb when you are focused (or disengage with EG4 + Blocks).

Try stay at a distance to shoot apply condis, dive in to drop Bomb 5, Big Ol Bomb, Bomb 3 and whatever else you can get off before you get focused, put up a block, EG4 away, repeat.

Chungie – Aurora Glade (EU)
Highest Rank: Team Q – 33 / Solo Q – 1 (27/07/14)
Team: Svanir Pushing Lord [solo] / Carried Ace to Rank 1 Esport Guild Leaderboard