Condi/support PvE

Condi/support PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: Deathlike.3986

Deathlike.3986

With the new changes coming increasing the effectiveness of conditions in PvE and some nice buffs to support as well, I’ve been thinking about a (probably casual) support oriented build using P/S and grenades (and bombs I guess) for some nice condi application and a med kit and maybe some elixirs for the support. I’ve been thinking about coupling it with sinister/apothecary stats, anyways here’s what I came up with:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-_;4sPVg0c-FQFx0i57Q-9-o5JU;4kjl;0048038257;4143;033-TudbTudbD0kjxR0;0NU0-odo8pdp8qdq8CZWNF4H0;4c1AekX9gk1Agk1AgcX9L

In your opinion is there anything I can make better based on what we know at the moment?

(edited by Deathlike.3986)

Condi/support PvE

in Engineer

Posted by: Wolfar.6508

Wolfar.6508

As this is for PvE, Incendiary Powder is not really needed. You already apply loads of burning with your Bomb Kit. Really don’t need more. Firearms is not really that good in my opinion for your build. I would go into Explosives instead and grab Grenadier, Short Fuse and Sharpnel (or one of the others, they are all good).

Other than that maybe Automated Medical Response instead of Over Shield? I believe it will recharge the toolbelt skill of the Med Kit. Some protection when you get ‘bursted’ by a group of monsters. I dont find the protection that great coming from Over Shield.

For gear, could even go Full Apothecary. Why not? I think you don’t have to be in the middle of the two, really. Els consider replacing Sinister with Dire, that bit of power wont do much and you dont need precision. Rune is fine, should work well. Sigils however.. meh! I would go with sigils that heal allies or sigils that remove conditions from self (as that is still a weakness) and not those two.

For skills, you are ment to take Elixir Gun instead of Elixir B right? As you run with Inversion Enzyme. Also I am personally not fond of the Med Kit. You can blast much more (and thus heal much more) with your Healing Turret.

Wolfineer.com - Everything Engineer!

Condi/support PvE

in Engineer

Deathlike.3986

Most of your suggestions make sense, but about the first one, I don’t think you can have too much burning since it will stack in intensity? Since I don’t have that much crit chance (even less so if going full Apothecary) it might not be as good, but the 33% duration could help a lot I think. Anyway, I like your other suggestions so I won’t even be taking the spec which contains that trait.

And yes, I think the Elixir Gun is a better choice than Elixir B, I just forgot to put it in there. In its current iteration brings poison, regen and healing (all AoE) vs fury and 2 stacks of might from Elixir B, but I think that they’ll be changing most of its skills (very much like the ones from Med Kit) with the patch as well, so I’m not sure exactly which kind of utility it will bring then.

Anyways here’s the build. Notice that I haven’t taken the proc on crit traits since I’ve replaced the gear with full apothecary (so basically 5% crit chance only):

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-_;4cPVg0c-gTFx0i57Q-9-o5JU;4kil;0048057137;4143;033-TudbTudbD0FYn00;0NU0-FdF8GdG8HdH8CZWNF4H0;4c1AekX9gk1Agk1AgcX9a

I think it looks better than the first one, but without a way to test it at the moment, it seems like the damage might be lower than I was hoping for.

Condi/support PvE

in Engineer

Deathlike.3986

By the way, I think the gear stats on the site haven’t been updated yet so I should actually have about 1027 condi dmg and 1687 healing power.