Condition Damage Comparison

in Engineer

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

I had some free time and did these plots it’s a level 80 damage comparison of conditions
I hope it might help if you have a doubt in wich traits/skills to use.

Attachments:

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Engineer

Posted by: Snack.9315

Snack.9315

This doesn’t make sense… Burning scales better with CD than bleeding, regardless of stacks.

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).
Current characters: Mistress Viridi (Elementalist), Pigeon Opener (Engineer).
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Mail me in-game if you add me!

in Engineer

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

This doesn’t make sense… Burning scales better with CD than bleeding, regardless of stacks.

What you’re looking at is a simple ratio between burning and bleeding. The important graph is the 2nd one.

It shows that burning and 6 stacks of bleed have about the same DPS at 1500 condi damage. After those first 6 stacks, bleed puts burning to shame in the damage department. At 8 stacks bleeding does the same base damage burning does, but with the condi damage coefficient being used EIGHT times, it ramps up much faster.

The guys at Anet should really have known this, though. They’re ramping down bleed stacks on ranged attacks slowly. Hopefully that shows a little sense.

in Engineer

Snack.9315

So basically, if you can keep up 8+ stacks of bleeding, you don’t have to worry about giving it up for burning? (based on the sharpnel vs. incendiary powder argument in my gear thread)

“Retired” characters: Fruit Salad (Warrior), Blingerton (Engineer), Shixard (Ranger).

in Engineer

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

So basically, if you can keep up 8+ stacks of bleeding, you don’t have to worry about giving it up for burning? (based on the sharpnel vs. incendiary powder argument in my gear thread)

Never read your other thread, but basically 8 stacks of bleeding is either as good as burning or better if you’re a condition build with regards to DPS.

The advantage to burning should have been its frequent re-application and long-lasting effectiveness. But at the rate classes apply bleeding in this game, and because of the copious amounts of extra condition duration available, bleeding is just a superior condition for damage. There’s not enough condi clearing to go around right now.

Edit:

As a side note, to any devs that may be reading, the entire condi meta did not exist as it does now because of how eles were able to clear them. Giving one of the most powerful and overused classes in the game the ability to burst off all conditions as often as they did put the condi builds at a major disadvantage.

That’s why they hadn’t come to fruition until later in the year. The eles shut them all down rather easily and the direct damage builds still had Quickness+[insert channel DPS skill here] to pop-off if things got hairy.

The amount of condition clearing you were seeing was enough for a meta that contained no condition builds. Suffice it to say, its insufficient :p

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Engineer

Varezenem.2813

yep redscope got it right it is also usefull to know that if you have more than 340 CD bleding has a higher dps.

these where my ploting commands in case you want to check (matlab)

%----------------------------------------------------------
      hold all
      plot(x,6*(0.05.*x+42),'r--')
      plot(x,8*(0.05.*x+42),'r')
      plot(x,328+0.25.*x,'b')
      plot(x,7*(0.05.*x+42),'g')
      %----------------------------------------------------------
Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

(edited by Varezenem.2813)

in Engineer

Varezenem.2813

it’s more like if you can choose between n stacks of bleeding or keeping up burning during the same time

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Engineer

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

I think you misunderstand.

My argument in defense of IP is that you can hit the bleed cap without Shrapnel—not that burning is in any way superior to bleeding (because it isn’t).

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

in Engineer

Snack.9315

Oh, I do understand your point, PP. Maybe I used the wrong example there.
So assuming I can hit the bleed cap (or close) without sharpnel, I should stick with IP instead? (I know I’m being captain obvious here, but I still need an answer for my thread. I just got to 80 and I don’t know what gear to buy XD)

(edited by Snack.9315)

in Engineer

Posted by: Linc.6834

Linc.6834

Thanks for this, just confirmed what I was feeling last night while doing CM in my condition gear. I would like to see how the chart looks all the way out to 3k condition damage, with additional lines for bleed stacks for comparison.

This makes me want to make a PvP build around bleed stacking with E-gun auto and Elixir U

in Engineer

Varezenem.2813

Oh, I do understand your point, PP. Maybe I used the wrong example there.
So assuming I can hit the bleed cap (or close) without sharpnel, I should stick with IP instead? (I know I’m being captain obvious here, but I still need an answer for my thread. I just got to 80 and I don’t know what gear to buy XD)

yes if you can keep 19+ without shrapnel, IP is better.
(unless you can keep that burn up from another source)

Thanks for this, just confirmed what I was feeling last night while doing CM in my condition gear. I would like to see how the chart looks all the way out to 3k condition damage, with additional lines for bleed stacks for comparison.

This makes me want to make a PvP build around bleed stacking with E-gun auto and Elixir U

I stoped at 1.5k Condition Damage because this was what I obtained using this full specced rapid gear necromancer.

For bleed stack comparison to poison : poison is = 2 bleed stack.
While between bleed stacks it’s easier the bleed damage/second is (on level 80) n*(42+0.05*CD) while burn is 328+0.25*CD so any bleed stack under 6 will never be greater than a burn.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

in Engineer

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

The correct question would be:
What setup reaches or closely reaches 25 stacks of Bleed with less opportunity costs? Shrapnel or Sigil of Earth and Sharpshooter?

in Engineer

Posted by: Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

Like Forty Seven Ninjas.6982

When thinking about traits, everyone needs to keep in mind the internal CDs. On a low condition damage build, burns may do more damage, but that is single target damage, and not necessarily 100% up-time.

So, in my experience, in a power build with grenades, that 15% chance to bleed is better than the 4s of burn in large or small group fights. There is no internal CD and it can be reapplied constantly. (I play WvW exclusively so this is where I’m coming from)

On a single target, burn, in this situation is obviously better as shown by those graphs.

DH Yak’s Bend – Perfect Dark [PD]
Dr Hoppenheimer – Engi / Meowzir – Guard /
Mulcibur Nox – Ele / Mr Directed – Mes