Condition Damage gear

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Charlie.5469

Charlie.5469

I’m currently in the process of leveling my first char. I’m running a condition damage build. Just wondering what suggestions would be for the gear I should try an obtain.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Shadowtech.5071

Shadowtech.5071

I’m currently in the process of leveling my first char. I’m running a condition damage build. Just wondering what suggestions would be for the gear I should try an obtain.

you answered your own question in the title

Catastraseed – Guardian / Keytuura – Engineer
[GoA] Guardians of Äsgard
Maguuma

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

You should be looking to get Malign gear at first, then moving on to Ravaging and Carrion when they become available.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

I would recommend not doing a condition build. It works well against WvW scrubs but once you face decent players, it just isn’t any good. In PvE it can be good against bosses but with one necro nearby, you will be rendered almost useless. Against trash mobs it’s even worse because power is instant damage whereas condition takes time to build. The necro can do a lot of AoE conditions which sort of makes up for how easy it is to remove conditions in this game but even then, my necro is more successful with power/toughness/vitality. I find the same three attributes are actually superior for every profession I’ve played except possibly the thief. But my thief is not 80 yet, so who knows?

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Martintjeh.9378

Martintjeh.9378

Malign → Ravaging → Rampager → Rabid imo. Could also go with Carrion if you don’t want the crit. But that would result in fewer chance on crit DoTs.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: coglin.1496

coglin.1496

The necro can do a lot of AoE conditions which sort of makes up for how easy it is to remove conditions in this game but even then, my necro is more successful with power/toughness/vitality. I find the same three attributes are actually superior for every profession I’ve played except possibly the thief. But my thief is not 80 yet, so who knows?

bring that build on P/P or P/S to a fight against even the weakest of players with P/P or P/S and a Prec/CD/Tough gear set and the damage they do will destroy what you can do.

Poor craftsman blame their tools. Poor players blame their Engineer.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Desterion.6407

Desterion.6407

Condition builds for wvw work when you’re combining FT with elixir gun. If you’re not using them and are using a tool kit, don’t bother with condition.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Goloith.6349

Goloith.6349

I would roll full rampagers and go 20/20/00/30/00. You are going to be stacking might with potions. So I would roll with P/P, elixir for heal, e-b, e-c, e-s for oh-gosh, and supply crate. Should have 15 stacks of might easily. Add in some veggie pizza and sigil of corruption and your looking at 400+ explosive bleeds and 7k+ blowtorch burns.

i7 920 OC 4.2Ghz, 2x 6970s in Eyefinity mode
Davidah (Guardian) Goloith (Engineer)
Achuni (Mesmer) Doreanora (Thief)

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

The necro can do a lot of AoE conditions which sort of makes up for how easy it is to remove conditions in this game but even then, my necro is more successful with power/toughness/vitality. I find the same three attributes are actually superior for every profession I’ve played except possibly the thief. But my thief is not 80 yet, so who knows?

bring that build on P/P or P/S to a fight against even the weakest of players with P/P or P/S and a Prec/CD/Tough gear set and the damage they do will destroy what you can do.

Please clarify who is destroying who in this statement.

I guess this is why my english teachers were so anal about misplaced modifiers in elementary school.

Condition Damage gear

in Engineer

Posted by: Zonzai.2341

Zonzai.2341

What we have here is a failure to communicate (in English). I have no idea what that dude said. But no, power, tough, vitality is not as much damage. Nobody said was. The problem with condi engineer is that you have virtually zero survivability after speccing everything into those conditions. That makes you a liability, not an asset. GW2 is a team game. If all you care about is zerging in WvW or WTF PWN-ing some noobs in PUGs, fine. It will do that.