Condition-based sPvP build (Video)

in Engineer

Posted by: Optics.3289

Optics.3289

This build might seem outdated to many of the turret/HGH builds at the moment, but the trait points stack high amounts of condition usage and damage so that this build can be very competitive.

In Legacy Of The Foefire and Forest of Niflhel, instead of the Rocket Boots utility it might be useful to swap to the Grenade Kit. That way you have different offensive opportunity as you can stand away from nodes but continue to apply strong conditions from a range. The kit also gives you a whole lot more conditions to stack with the Bomb Kit.

People might be put off by the lack of stun breaker, but I don’t believe in stun breakers as strongly as others and sometimes I think it’s a waste of a utility (don’t hate).
Enjoy the build!

If you’re just going to feedback by saying that these types of builds are outdated and terrible please don’t bother commenting- i’ve been through too many debates and arguments about that topic. If you want to have a serious discussion about it just pm me please

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos
I’ve made a lot of popular Engi builds in the past I swear

in Engineer

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Man, how do you expect to have “serious” discussion if you’re not treating other point of view seriously? How can you expect to be treated so?
I will be one of those guys and say it loud – this build isn’t strong. You pretty much confirmed it by saying you don’t want any other opinions that these agreeing with you.
Using Acidic Coating instead of Backpack regenerator is just pure waste.
And about what capping point did you talk about with your <2000 armor?

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Man, how do you expect to have “serious” discussion if you’re not treating other point of view seriously? How can you expect to be treated so?
I will be one of those guys and say it loud – this build isn’t strong. You pretty much confirmed it by saying you don’t want any other opinions that these agreeing with you.
Using Acidic Coating instead of Backpack regenerator is just pure waste.
And about what capping point did you talk about with your <2000 armor?

for god’s sake what has happened to this silly sheepish community? Can you explain when I said that I would not treat other points of view seriously?
I simply said that I have had TOO MANY dumb and illogical arguments with trolls trying to explain that only one FOTM build for each profession is viable during each update, so I don’t want to have to deal with that on my forum posts… I’m trying to help players…
I said anyone willing to have a ’"serious" debate about Engineer builds to DM me, because I want to filter the trolls

Please check out my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/OpticsTV/videos

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Please just do not be so hasty on your forum replies, I never tried to argue that my build was the best or better than anything else. If you took the time to watch my video which ultimately was the point of this post, you would have heard me say that I believe it’s personal preference.

in Engineer

Optics.3289

Also Lert if you happen to read any of this, how can you call the choice of picking an additional condition over, effectively, an additional boon(regeneration in a way) ‘simply a waste’? You’re comparing two different attributes to be applied to a build, essentially both defensive.
PERSONALLY I would prefer the opportunity for a bursty thief (for an example in this case) to have his initial burst blinded, even if it is only a 50% chance, over the rather petty heal you gain from Backpack Regenerator. Don’t hate, but it’s a condition build