Confusion build

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: zugly.9035

zugly.9035

Anyone would like to share with us his confusion build for eng

I am interested by trying this type of build.
Please specify what stats u r using on armors, accessories, sigils, runes, and food

thanks in advance

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Maskaganda.2043

Maskaganda.2043

Tchuu Tchuu I’m a Train – Gandara
engie roaming vids: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9NnXVfY4vRU1F-X7b1Oorw/videos

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Ferum Flamebender.5910

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Ferum Flamebender.5910)

Confusion build

in Engineer

zugly.9035

thanks all for ur quick reply,
I still have a general question, the confusion build is more a condition damage build ?
no need to get more % crit damage ?

Confusion build

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

Confusion is a condition. Extra crit damage is nice, but in these builds confusion is your main damage source. → go with condition damage, no need to get more crit damage.

Aetra Ironbender, Rated E for Engineer- [WoT] Warlocks of Tyria- Far Shiverpeaks

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

They are indeed conditon damage build, use Rapid, or Carrion gear, or a mix for that matter. The more condition damage you have the better, since confusion can’t crit it’s a waste to have % crit damage, and precision is only worth taking if you aim for using some of the “Proc on crit” tools we got as an engineer!

Confusion build

in Engineer

zugly.9035

well something is confusing me with the confusion definition
it said on the wiki

Confusion is a condition that deals damage each time a foe uses a skill.

I always though that the damage dealt, won’t depend on your own condition damage

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Well it really depend on your conditions damage.

And it scale pretty well!

Don’t forget also that Confusion proc a lot on some class.

Effect on dodge, traits effect, Elem Attunement swap. All kind of thing that proc.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

To make it more clear for you zugly: When you add 1 stack of confusion to an enemy, that one stack got a fixed amount of damage that is dependt on your condition damage, to make it simple we say that is 1000 damage! If you add more condition damage to your gear, that number will raise!

You then add this 1 stack of confusion which last for say 3 seconds, to this enemy. He then press 3 differnt skills during these 3 seconds, because he didn’t see your confusion stack, which means he take 3000 damage, 1000 damage from each skill use! hope this helps explain it!

Confusion build

in Engineer

zugly.9035

awesome Amadeus
that helps,
But if the enemy is smart and saw the confusion on him and just kited (using no skills) while waiting for it to be over.
Will he take any damage ?

Confusion build

in Engineer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Nop it won’t.

But that’s a good thing for us.

Prybar stack of confusion last for 5 sec without any buff. It can last for 8-10 sec with rune/traits.

So that’s 5-10 sec of them not attacking. Some won’t dodge because it proc the confusion.

That’s 5-10 second if they enemy don’t have any condition removal, to attack them.

It’s a good thing. Tho it’s even better if they attack while under confusion, I give you that.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

Confusion build

in Engineer

Ferum Flamebender.5910

And to be honest, you will find literally zero people who do not activate their skills.
It’s like a reflex, if you are low on health you’ll be smashing the 6 key automatically! Same thing with seeing a (“No better lunch, then engineer for lunch” as one of my guildmates once said..) engineer: they rapidaly spam their attacks only to find themselves dead on the ground!