Cool sound effect, Medkit changes incoming?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rein Requiem.4261

Rein Requiem.4261

Med Kit got a sneak upgrade: the 1 ability now has a cool mist spray sound effect. However, this doesn’t change the overall effectiveness of the kit.

Personally, I think turning the med kit into a dedicated healing kit (on par / competing with ventari, water tempest, or druid) would definitely be an improvement and move the kit towards having a purpose besides proccing other effects. The traits are already there (increased outgoing healing while using medkit in the Alchemy line) the numbers just aren’t. In addition, if this were going to be a healing kit, the 2 – 5 abilities would have to change slightly in order to more fit the style of raids so far: consistent AoE Damage mixed with spikes, however aoe spikes can be covered with elixir gun and Mortar 5.

Can we get any insight on what the devs are thinking concerning medkit, or the role of Engineer as a Healer / Support in raid environments?

in Engineer

Posted by: Kryld.2813

Kryld.2813

+10000, completly agree with you, I would really enjoy my Engi become a REAL healer.
The Medkit could be so much more than what it is now, and put Engineer as a good potential healer.

in Engineer

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

To be fair, Ventari and Druid both have to make substantially larger trait sacrifices to get their healing potency. Water Elementalist, not quite so much, but Elementalists do have more traits available to them for really focusing on healing in Water. Engineer only really has one trait that focuses on Med Kit, and that doesn’t do a heck of a lot for it.

That isn’t to say Med Kit shouldn’t be reworked and improved. I would very, very, VERY much like to see Healer Engineer become a thing. X) And I suppose Elementalist and Ventari can continue putting out damage and other kinds of support while healing, and Druid is (or should be) untouchable as far as pure healing goes, whereas an Engineer using Medkit has ONLY healing available, and at a relatively low range. So, it’s not really TOO out-of-the-question for it to put out similar healing numbers to the other healer-capable classes. :P

I saw someone suggest changing 2-5 to change the #1 ability to apply extra effects and such, kinda like a supportive version of a Thief’s Venoms. Would certainly love to see that, and it’d help with the huge lack of genuine team support present in the current single-pack-on-the-ground setup of the existing 2-5 skills.

The class is always greener on the other side.