Could we get a mortar rework?

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

seriously the new mortar isnt even close to being a proper replacement for WvW over the old grenade kit
it only offers 2 pros , lot of fields to make enemy groups kinda slow down thinking its necro wells , and doesnt self hurt as much from retaliation

we need something that actually damages enemies or that if it doesnt deal much damage can at least land on targets , its projectiles are so slow you can cover half of their range worth of movement by simply running

we need at least one of the Field skills to have a form of pulsing damage to counter the projectile hate, kinda like Lava Font or shredder gyro’s tool belt , or hey why not reduce shredder Gyro’s cd and make it unkillable like the new Renegade skill wich does the same on a wider radius and hits 20 times vs shredder’s 6

or give us a gadget that gives us unblockable attacks for a short time so we can at least drop some mortar shells into groups

so many options

the old mortar kit was Designed for WvW

it pulsed stability, had an upward arc that enabled shooting from behind walls wich Justified its slow projectiles and it had a 5 powerfull volley attack wich knocked down the one that was gven to WvW mortars

grenades should be the condition option while mortar should be the Power Option

(edited by Rezzet.3614)

in Engineer

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

June-23-2015 (17:56)
Mortar has been converted into a kit

June-25-2015 (03:41)
Mortar Shot: Reduced the damage by 28%.

August-8-2017
Explosive Powder (Improves damage from explosions 10%): This trait has been removed from the game.
Siege Rounds: This trait has been removed. (no more double orbital strike)

It seems to me that they dont want mortar kit to be able to do any meaningfull damage.

in Engineer

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Mortar projectiles are too slow.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Engineer

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Mortar projectiles are too slow.

yeah simply running you can close 70% of the projectile’s range’s worth by the time it lands

in Engineer

Posted by: Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

Malhavoc Adhamar.3675

One solution would be to let Grenadier and Short Fuse provide additional effects to the Mortar kit. Grenadier would give the Mortar kit increased projectile velocity (and possibly increasing the field size) and Short Fuse makes Mortar 1 act more akin to how Fireball works rather than being ground targeted.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I posted this in another thread but basically I always thought mortar should have been the power option and grenades the condi option.

Put the fields on grenade kit except water and make mortar full power save the 5 skill being a water field, take the old concussion barrage and put that on the kit as well and make up a couple new power based skills for the mortar, like a pulsing damage field as said above. Increase the velocity of the projectiles by 50% because hitting anything beyond 1000 range is near impossible unless the thing isn’t moving.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I posted this in another thread but basically I always thought mortar should have been the power option and grenades the condi option.

Put the fields on grenade kit except water and make mortar full power save the 5 skill being a water field, take the old concussion barrage and put that on the kit as well and make up a couple new power based skills for the mortar, like a pulsing damage field as said above. Increase the velocity of the projectiles by 50% because hitting anything beyond 1000 range is near impossible unless the thing isn’t moving.

Is it sad that I actually miss the stationary mortar for the reason that it had actual damage?

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

mortar rework:
cannon kit (shoulder mounted cannon, think of Horrik)

1. Cannon Ball /1.5k range AA / high velocity & linear projectile / 0.75s cast time / medium dmg / explodes on impact with a 130 range aoe / explosion / 100% projectile finisher
  2. Lance Shot / 1.5k range / high velocity & linear projectile / 0.75s pre-cast / high dmg / pierces 5 targets / 1sec daze / 6sec cd
  3. Canister shot / 900, 600, 300 range / 90° front cone AoE / inflicts 2,3,4 stacks of bleed / launches targets / small, medium, high dmg / 5 targets / 12 sec cd / 0.75s pre-cast / explosion
  4. active heat sink / 240 range AoE fire-field / ticks medium dmg / ticks 1 stack of burning for 2 seconds / ticks 5 times / applies frost-aura to allies for 3 seconds / 18 sec cd
  5. Bombardement / 1.5k range / fires 6 projectiles in a high, slow moving arc / 180 range AoE on impact / very high dmg per projectile / daze for 1 sec / 25 sec cd / explosion

Toolbelt:
Stays as is

new trait – replaces orbital command:
dense powder
- 10% cd reduction on cannon kit
- Cannon Ball and Bombardement are now a 20% chance blast finisher

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

(edited by Arantheal.7396)

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

-snip-

Excellent. I’ve just finished perfecting my pirate looks.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: NineLives.8725

NineLives.8725

I may be wrong but for me the real problem with mortar in wvw was always projectiles hate. I don’t care at all about what it offer, about its damages and effects, since I can’t use it at all. The more a projectile is good, the less you want it to be reflected, and the best way to not be reflected in wvw is to choose something else over any projectile.

in Engineer

Posted by: Arantheal.7396

Arantheal.7396

new trait – replaces orbital command:
dense powder
- 10% cd reduction on cannon kit
- Cannon Ball, Bombardement, and Lance shot can’t be reflected or destroyed anymore. (Block still works)

Engineer is love, Engineer is life.

in Engineer

Posted by: Yagudo.6759

Yagudo.6759

I just recently came back to the game, so I’ve been out of it for a while, but it seems to me that Mortar Kit and Grenade Kit really feel like the same kit… Yeah, one is range 900, the other is 1500, but they both have all AOE targeted abilities with a basic damage skill, a chill, a poison, and a blind field skill. But the mortar kit, for whatever reason, takes up the elite slot. Just seems kind of strange to me, but what do I know!

in Engineer

Posted by: Arimas.3492

Arimas.3492

I just recently came back to the game, so I’ve been out of it for a while, but it seems to me that Mortar Kit and Grenade Kit really feel like the same kit… Yeah, one is range 900, the other is 1500, but they both have all AOE targeted abilities with a basic damage skill, a chill, a poison, and a blind field skill. But the mortar kit, for whatever reason, takes up the elite slot. Just seems kind of strange to me, but what do I know!

That’s because they literally are the same. 4/5 of the skills on both mortar and nades deliver the EXACT same thing: straight damage, blind, poison, chill. The only difference is the range and bleed on nades and water field on mortar. Mortar needs complete removal of every field except water and make 3 new power skills and the fields need to be added to grenades.

in Engineer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

-snip-

Excellent. I’ve just finished perfecting my pirate looks.

“Does this look familiar? It should! I got it off of that pirate you slaughtered mercilessly OVER AND OVER AGAIN!”

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.