Crazy Jymm: Power SD/Rifle build

in Engineer

Posted by: jpnova.4572

jpnova.4572

Only build on the Engineer that I still enjoy is the SD build, Grenades feel too monotonous, Bombs not my forte and Flamethrower I do not enjoy the look of it. So I have been playing with SD configurations for a while, I have finally found one I like. The goal of the build is to be extremely mobile while dishing out lots of damage and hopping in and out of melee range and running circles around your foe.

Equipment:
Weapon: Berserker’s Rifle | Sigil: Superior Sigil of Force/Superior Sigil of Perception
Armor: Knight’s Armor/Berserker’s Armor | Ruby Orbs
Trinkets: Berserker’s/Cavalier’s

The Build:

Utilities: Healing Turret, Tool Kit, Rocket Boots, Utility Goggles

Traits:
Firearms: IV, IX, X – Maximizing rifle performance and all the precision helps out a lot
Alchemy: I – Perma vigor, gotta love all that endurance for jumping around
Tools: II, VI, VIII – Static discharge, the key point of the build, speedy kits for the constant swiftness and to proc Invigorating Speed, and power wrench to buff throw wrench and make Pry Bar/Gear Shield be often more often

Explanation:
Most would prefer Rifle Turret for Surprise Shot, but I prefer Utility Goggles for the Fury and the 10 stacks of Vulnerability with Analyze, not to mention it is a stun breaker. Rocket Boots, another stun breaker and is my get out of trouble button, not to mention Rocket Kit helps me jump in closer to use Blunderbuss. Power Wrench hits hard and twice, traited it cripples as well. Tool Kit is great for when you need to melee, Pry Bar is amazing and Gear Shield is just amazing.

Attack Pattern:
Open with Hip Shot, hit Analyze followed by Power Wrench. When they get close use Rocket Kick, Jump Shot on top of them, Blunderbuss and Overcharged Shot out of it and then Net Shot.

Go in and out of Tool Kit between each rotation for the Swiftness and Vigor. Gear Shield is situational. Use Pry Bar and Smack use when needed and locked in melee.

If you deactivate the kit from the tool bar instead of dropping bundle while using Gear Shield, it won’t be interrupted. Use that chance to aim and launch Jump Shot, I like using it on top of foes so both shots hit.

(edited by jpnova.4572)

in Engineer

jpnova.4572

Reserved…..

in Engineer

jpnova.4572

Reserved…..

in Engineer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

I would invest in Power and not Precision. (30 0 and not 0 30). The rifle and tool kit are power-based damage weapons.

in Engineer

jpnova.4572

I would invest in Power and not Precision. (30 0 and not 0 30). The rifle and tool kit are power-based damage weapons.

Precision traitline goes much better with the Rifle. Power can be built up with gear and Precision is needed anyway to take advantage of high Critical Damage, can potentially get 111% crit damage properly geared up.

in Engineer

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

Not really sure about the Rocket Boots, I’ve had the displeasure to find out that the immense knockback you get can be affected by the mobility conditions you already have on yourself, dramatically reducing the distance, and thus putting you in more trouble than if you used a simple stun breaker instead.

Now it is difficult to find something useful with a toolbelt skill that makes the best use of Static Discharge, and the first thing that comes in mind is the Personnal Battery Ram. Okay damage on toolbelt skill, cripple, and a knockback on demand, on top of a set that is already CC heavy.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Engineer

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

It blows how prec. stat go with rifle. In WvW for me rifle range is must! I used excatly same build in last fall. Very fun gameplay and MASSIVE damage. Survability is an issue and I now roam more tankier critter. SD for the win!

in Engineer

jpnova.4572

With Cavalier trinkets you can actually get 2.5k toughness that is quite decent. I have been using PBR for a while and it doesn’t appeal to me, hence I switched to rocketboots, still in the process of trying different things.

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

I roll this exact SD build with full berserker + ruby orbs. I deal a decent amount of damage but die very easy.

in Engineer

Posted by: areyouseriousomg.7864

areyouseriousomg.7864

Anyone tried this build with P/S as well? Shield disrupt + knockback might help a bit with survival?

in Engineer

Posted by: JubeiTM.5763

JubeiTM.5763

Anyone tried this build with P/S as well? Shield disrupt + knock back might help a bit with survival?

No! And I wouldn’t advise to use this build with P/P or P/S. First of all understand that the pistol is a condition applying weapon. The more condition damage you have, the stronger the pistol gets. For a Power/Precision/Critical build the rifle is the king of high direct damage. You can get temporary invulnerability using the Toolkit Gear. A rifle hits enemies with approximately 2000 damage/shot and the static discharges for about the same.

Use the Rifle rotation: Net shot, Jump Shot on mobilized target, then Blunderbuss + Overcharged Shot. The opponent is usually knocked down so keep shooting him from a distance while releasing tool belt skills for more damage + static discharges. Of course you can release toolbelt skills at any moment. Doing this correctly you deal about 25.000 damage in 3-4 seconds.

(edited by JubeiTM.5763)

in Engineer

Posted by: areyouseriousomg.7864

areyouseriousomg.7864

Anyone tried this build with P/S as well? Shield disrupt + knock back might help a bit with survival?

No! And I wouldn’t advise to use this build with P/P or P/S. First of all understand that the pistol is a condition applying weapon. The more condition damage you have, the stronger the pistol gets. For a Power/Precision/Critical build the rifle is the king of high direct damage. You can get temporary invulnerability using the Toolkit Gear. A rifle hits enemies with approximately 2000 damage/shot and the static discharges for about the same.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up