Crow bar

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Is it me or did they take the stun away from crowbar? I coulda sworn it had a stun the last time I was using it which was about a month ago or so at least.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

A month ago I was running with a Tool/Elixir Kit build, I don’t remember ever seeing it stun somebody.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

I’ve been using it even before it got buffed with the longer range on magnet pull, and in all that time I can’t remember ever seeing crow bar stun.
Are you sure it was the crow bar that did that?

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: miriforst.1290

miriforst.1290

Is it me or did they take the stun away from crowbar? I coulda sworn it had a stun the last time I was using it which was about a month ago or so at least.

It used to launch.

Its funny really, they went on a nerfing round to make kits not so obviously better choices than gadgets, which they had nerfed before (like removing the knockback on launch ram, increasing slick shoes cooldown etc.) by for example removing the blind from napalm (yeah, aoe blind, it actually was more than a firefield), removing backdraft (so they essentially removed a skill by removing the pulsing blind from napalm, adding a single aoe blind over the aoe pull + burn it used to be and called it a day :/) having magnet go from a 600 range aoe pull to a 600 single target pull and prybar become a single target 3 stack conf.

Then they realised toolkit and flamethrower sucked (i wonder why?) and started rolling their heads on their keyboard to see how they could buff them. In case of toolkit i seldom roll without it nowadays after they buffed the 2 sec block up to 3, buffed prybar to not be mesmer but handicapped and magnet to finally reach 1200 range. flamethrower i still remain sceptical too, the buff to airblast makes no sense, it feels like throwing out a bone to pvers who get barked at for ruining the guardians balling so that they can say “but it extends their burn for 2 sec!”. Its not a skill you use as a part of your dps chain, its for knocking off people of that buddy being downed, its for blasting thieves out of shadow refugee and its for fighting that point with X bunker, its even for using defensively as a temporary but large aoe projectile reflect. Had they added it to flameblast i would have understood i think but whatever. Also 15% more damage against burning foes feels a bit meh as i usually dont use it for power builds (gg against anyone with a sliver of retaliation). But its not that great as a condition weapon either so i usually end up slotting it because of incendiary amo and airblast but oh wait- I haven’t used it since the KR nerf.

/darnitbecamearantagain,iwhowasintendingofbeingpositivethistime

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

another thing; the recent confusion nerf more or less completely got rid of the usefulness of pry bar altogether.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

another thing; the recent confusion nerf more or less completely got rid of the usefulness of pry bar altogether.

Aside from the fact that it hits like a truck hauling another truck.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

The auto attack on the bomb kit almost hits for as much, sadly.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Crow bar

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

I coulda sworn it stunned oh well, it’s why I had to ask because I remember it actually pausing their attacks in PVE for a second. hmm

Yeah this “we have to nerf kits to make gadgets more fun” thing backfired on them completely especially with their changes to refined..

tiny glue blobs on EG and 0 effect at all on toolkit (never see one so I can only imagine) and putting the 2 second shield (most stop lights actually change faster then that in the worst traffic jam areas in Atlanta) on medkit just doesn’t make me wanna play anymore honestly, there’s nothing making kits special.

gadgets certainly aren’t better looking even with the nerfs.

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If by almost you mean maybe 2/3 as much, then yes (I think prybar has better scaling with power).

Pry bar also doesn’t have an activation delay, so you can actually hit people with it while chasing them.

Crow bar

in Engineer

tigirius.9014

Scaling does seem to be a problem too in PVE at least for me.

Crow bar

in Engineer

Posted by: Lifeson.4352

Lifeson.4352

Dunno, I’ve crit people over 5k in WvW with pry bar.