Tank/Support Build

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Caspian.2814

Caspian.2814

Hi guys,

I’m actually enjoying the engineer since the beta and somehow, I feel they lack the raw power of DPS’ing.
I previously played LOTRO and I was the healer there, so I’m trying to find a build where I can interupt attack, give buffs/debuffs en heal my allies.

Is it possible to do this an still be able to solo most of your PvE time? Because in LOTRO it was doable to solo as a healer, but it took you long time to kill creeps. On the other hand I pretty much didn’t die a lot.

I would like to transfer this to a PvP and a WvW too.

Basically what I’m searching is a build with Survivability and Supporting your allies.

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Posted by: kokocabana.8153

kokocabana.8153

This is the build I am using right now. I can’t seem to link the build, so here’s the url.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fcQQJAqalIqqb37SdF2NJyoCfWoCSIoH5FexXfUwWPIA;TgAqmMNJay2krJZTjKmEA

The 20% condition duration, 20% extra burn time trait, and the burn on crit let’s you keep burn on all the time along with poison and bleeds. I wear all rabid gear(condition damage/toughness/precision). Healing turret is great for throwing down a big heal for everyone in range and then detonate for more. You have 2 toolbelt aoe regen skills that you can throw down in between turrets. Kit refinement lets you throw down 2 super elixirs to cleanse conditions on your party. You have two skills to slow down enemies with glueshot and elixir f. The only thing you have to buff your party with is throwing elixir B from your toolbelt. I find this build to be a good balance between damage and support. I only play PVE so I have no idea how this will work in PVP.

(edited by kokocabana.8153)

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Posted by: Specterryu Quipter.8412

Specterryu Quipter.8412

Made a post on this not too long ago, but since it wasn’t another post complaining about the Engineer, it didn’t become popular. This build is everything you’re asking for and more, here is the link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/A-viable-build-Not-another-rant-post/first#post1355475

Let me know what you think of it.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

Made a post on this not too long ago, but since it wasn’t another post complaining about the Engineer, it didn’t become popular. This build is everything you’re asking for and more, here is the link:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/A-viable-build-Not-another-rant-post/first#post1355475

Seems a good build for the engineer. What should I change in this build to get less damage and more utility ().
Friends of mine said that Cleaning Formula 409 is such an awesome skill for support when playing dungeons. I kinda like to let my buddies do the main damage and I support them, keeping them alive an buffed, while debuffing the enemy.

Or this a mindset I can’t use in GW2?

I actually just saw I made wrong topic, topic should be Tank/Support. I’m looking for great sustain en great party utility.

(edited by Caspian.2814)

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Specterryu Quipter.8412

Seems a good build for the engineer. What should I change in this build to get less damage and more utility ().
Friends of mine said that Cleaning Formula 409 is such an awesome skill for support when playing dungeons. I kinda like to let my buddies do the main damage and I support them, keeping them alive an buffed, while debuffing the enemy.

Or this a mindset I can’t use in GW2?

I actually just saw I made wrong topic, topic should be Tank/Support. I’m looking for great sustain en great party utility.

Read the link, don’t just click on the build . You do not sacrifice hardly any dps to add the support and tank aspect with that build. Cleansing formula is a nice support trait but it’s limited with only Elixirs.

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live, as well as think.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

If read it correctly the build is focusing on tanking, trolling and damaging enemies while still healing your allies?

Is it beneficial for a party to full tank/support and have zero damage in dugeons?
So only buffing, debuffing and tanking while doing zero damage? Or is that something which isn’t viable in gw2-dungeons?

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Specterryu Quipter.8412

Yes you have read it correctly. That build does everything, all the while only dropping a little dps. To answer your question doing zero damage is not an option in any dungeon or in fotm. To top it off even if you have a lot of healing power, it doesn’t add much to your heals. It’d be more beneficial to the party to have a glass cannon that drops constantly than it would be for someone to be 100% support, doing no damage.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tank/Support Build

in Engineer

Caspian.2814

Okay, I’ll try to roll your build in PvP to test it out ^^
I tested out full support in PvP, which was a bad idea xD