Damage with grenades?

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: antares.5916

antares.5916

Good day guys!

So I was ran with this thief guy in a story mode PUG and he asked me if how much damage do I do with my grenades. I said about 300 at least when using the normal grenade without the crits and the poison and bleed ticks (running zerk minus the trinkets and runes). He sounded like the elitist type (he was berating a ranger of our team for using a suck-y build). He said I wasn’t doing enough damage and engineers are the worst.

In the end, I paid no attention to his elitism and he was kicked (not by me, apparently he annoyed the guardian in our PUG group). But I’m lying if I say that I’m not doubting my damage.

So how much damage do you do with your grenades (using a grenade build of course)? I need some reference. Thank you all

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You should be hitting at least this much at level 80. Fully buffed, it should go up to around 2500 (so about 7.5k per toss) per regular grenade. It’s a bit hard to tell whether 300 is good or not in your current case since you didn’t specify which dungeon you were in.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

Wiki page is still accurate for base damage AFAIK. Remember to multiply by 3 if running grenadier.

See list of thief base co-efficients for sword (only thief AoE weapon) if you feel like comparing here.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

When running a grenadier build, my damage can vary quite wildly. It is anywhere from 900 per nade to 1500 per nade. At 3 nades, this comes to 2.7k to 4.5k per toss.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

I remember ages ago when i first made my engineer, a friend of mine went into pvp with his d/d ele and said he could kill the dummy faster then me. I killed it faster then the d/d thief and the d/d ele. Its relative small numbers, but a lot of those small numbers at once.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: Ronin.5038

Ronin.5038

Grenade auto damage varies a lot. There’s 3 grenades and each one could or could not crit. Then you could factor in the possible bleeding you’ll get from sharpshooter and shrapnel and that grenades are 100% player controlled and could miss with how they seem to land randomly.

In my best case scenario I’m hitting around 900-1000 per grenade auto (2700-3000 all up).
300 non crit and not full berserker seems normal.

Don’t worry about that thief. He deserved to be kicked if he was berating people on their performance in a random story mode pug.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Well runes are a huge deal. Also most of your stats come from trinkets and weapons.
Bleeds are important. Poison is not and it was nerfed.

Damage with grenades?

in Engineer

Posted by: DarkFrost.2847

DarkFrost.2847

On my grenadier build, the minimum I hit on my grenades is about 600, only one hits and it doesn’t crit, and heavy armor. Average, different story. Average about 1.2k a grenade, so 3.6k a toss, the Shrapnal Grenade, however, hits much harder. I average 1.8k plus bleed each grenade so 5.4k a toss. Grenade Barrage, I average about 1.6k a grenade, so, if all hit by shotgunning it right, about 11.4k a toss.

Obertus [ERP]
The saga of your life is a summation of the choices you make.